• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Me Ya Frames

PZ

Smash Lord
What do you mean by "set knockback"? All 3 of dtilt's hitbubbles have a tripping rate... maybe you have to hit with just one bubble?

It's also likely that the move has to be stale, Ganon's stale dair can induce tripping for example.
It wasnt stale and the pop up hitbox doesnt work at all for tripping but the hitbox that sends them behind you does. Also its hard to explain set knockback but its the thing that allows cf to wall cg with fthrow at low percents until they get tumble kncokback whish they can tech the wall or just bounce off.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Dthrow @ 0%
+14
@ 100%
+23
+14

+23

So if the opponent is at 99, Falcon has 14 frames of advantage.
And if they are at 100, Falcon has 23 frames of advantage?

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
Don't you just add the frames for dash and shield together?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Are you talking about how many frames you have to wait before you can shield out of an initial dash ?
It's around 593 frames IMO.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Are you talking about how many frames you have to wait before you can shield out of an initial dash ?
It's around 593 frames IMO.
Umm... you can't shield out of an initial dash. It's when the initial dash turns into a run that you can shield or when the dash is over.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I'll probably be in Frame Advance mode for a little while today. Give me something you want tested.

BTW, I couldn't really get the FH Nair to footstool on ROB - he's got a few frames to jump out at least.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Dash>Shield frame data is something that I was always curious about but was never answered :/

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yes I think it's that, the initial dash duration (at least that's what I'd like to know).

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Exactly that. The ammount of frames necessary for us to shield after a dash, i.e. how many frames does Captain Falcon's dash have?

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
So... Does that make Captain Falcon the greatest dasher in the game and the 2nd greatest runner?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
No, that makes his dash the less manoeuvrable one since you cover a great distance but have a long time before being able to shield.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I meant "greatest" literally, lol. Yeah, it's not an advantage by any means... Except when you use Dash Smash/hyphen Smash.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Dantarion's site is awesome, you just need to know some things to read it well :
-hitboxes are out on the next frame it's said they are out. Ex : Jab (attack11) is said to come out on frame 2, that means it comes out on frame 3. They still end on the frame it says they end (the "terminate collisions" line). Deal with it.
-smashes are counted from the moment you release the charge (so no, Fsmash isn't frame 7).
-invincibility frames begin at "Intangibility" and end at "Normal Body State"

There are other things like collision state=0x2 meaning a part of the hurtbox becomes invincible and other SA stuff, but unfortunately they don't concern Falcon.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Agreeing with teluoborg, it's an amazing resource, but it's messy and in some cases incomplete. Threads are an easier and prettier way of displaying the data imo.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Not to mention the data has inconsistency. It seems that in ZSS it adds one to say her jab is frame 1 and Squirtle says frame 0. We all know that it's frame 1 so the legitimacy of every character's data is put into jeopardy.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
What should I look for in other frame threads that will point me to the correct frames for block advantages? It seems ours are the only ones that explain that. I'm trying to compare kirby frame data. Would it be hitlag?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
... No.

It should be 'block advantage' or something similar. It'll almost always be a negative number.

Edit: I checked the Kirby guide, and they don't have advantages on block.

Sorry.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Bump for request : can anyone check how safe jab>shield and jab>jab>shield are ? When the jabs connect of course, it's effing unsafe on shield.

Like is it possible for Marth to up B before shield comes out or something ?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah, to be more precise when you hit an opponent with jab1 or jab1-jab2 what is your frame adv. Can you shield before the opponent can retaliate ?
I know by experience that jab1-jab2-jab3-shield isn't safe, but I wonder about the exact numbers for the first two jabs.

:phone:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
-11 for jab1 on shield

-13 for jab2 on shield

^ Grabbing or jumping OoS

for normal shield drops add seven frames.

Top Bottom