• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Me The Poutine 2 (SMTP2)

MorKs

Smash Apprentice

All Is Brawl link : http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13764

BRAWL SINGLES ARE GOING TO BE STREAMED!!!!!!!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/MorKsQC

SMTP2 WILL PROUDLY BE PART OF THE 24H GAMING MARATHON OF "EXTRA-LIFE".
PLEASE DONATE HERE TO HELP CHILDREN IN NEED!
(OPÉRATION ENFANT SOLEIL, THE MOST POPULAR CHILDREN AID IN QUEBEC)
WE WILL BE ANNOUNCING PEOPLE WHO DONATE INDIVIDUALY IN THE STREAM!

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=40136

WE HAVE A LIMIT FOR ATTENDEES!!
ONLY 32 PEOPLE CAN ENTER THE TOURNAMENT!!!

PRICE?! :
5$ Venue Fee,
5$ Brawl Singles
The payouts will be 50/25/15/10%
+ special gifts from the venue to 1st and 2nd! (anime stuffs)

WHERE?! : O-Taku Manga Lounge
(http://www.otakulounge.com/)
3623 St Denis, Montréal, QC H2X 3L6

WHEN?! : October 20th from 6pm to 11pm

SCHEDULE?! : - 5:30pm to 6pm = Register for singles
- 6pm to 11pm = Brawl Singles

HOW TO GET THERE?!?! :
- By car : Get a gps or somethin' ! There is no specific parking near, but you can park on the street. It costs something like 2$ for an hour, but it becomes free at 6pm.
- By subway : From any subway station, you have to get to "Sherbrooke" station and you can walk directly to O-Taku Manga lounge (2 minutes walk)

THE RULES!!! :

- Unity Ruleset 2.1 (MK IS IN DISCUSSION RIGHT NOW FOR BAN OR NOT)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032&
- APEX STAGELIST :
Neutrals = Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Smashville
Counterpicks = Pokemon Stadium 1, Frigate Orpheon, Delphino Plaza, Halberd, Castle Siege
- Double Elimination Bracket (seeded)
(no pools for now since it's for a short duration, maybe on the next one if it begins earlier.)

NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS, THIS IS A PUBLIC SHOP!

MUNCHIES?!?!?! :
- O-Taku Manga Lounge sells a lot of different food and drink you can buy and eat while you keep focus on the tourney ( a good way to thank them to share their venue! =D )
They also sell mangas and other anime goodies if you want to bring something fun home.
- There is a "Lafleur" just in front of the venue (Quebec fast food classic) and some other restaurants around 5 minutes of walk,
but we recommend you eat before attending the tournament (right Ally/Holy/SG ?! lol) so we don't keep the bracket longer than we should.

SETUPS?! :

WE NEED AT LEAST 1 TV and 2 Brawl!!!,
SO I'M ASKING QUEBEC'S PLAYERS TO HELP ME WITH THIS :
--------------
TVs : 4 (MorKs=1, Pappy=1, Stroumbert=1, Venue=1)
WIIs + Brawl (hacked) : 3 (MorKs=1, Pappy=1, Stroumbert=1)

See you at the tourney!

ATTENDANCE :

MorKs
Ally
HolyNightmare
Swordgard
Stroumbert
Horo
KingKong
Poke (Toronto)
Mar1
Guard
Techiyo
Oran
IKCT
Eaon~
Pidgezero_One (Toronto)
Cynan
SuperGirlKels
Jesss
TarexTheRex
Frr
Spayd
Syvian
Multy
Desu~
Dreecteur
GinaMudkipz
Minybob4
Ranger

Quest (USA) (Unconfirmed)

minybob4

Smash Rookie
Will be there. Which means free money for others ;).
@ally: life told me i could take its place. You don't mind?

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
I'll probably be there. First week of school for me, but don't care. If works wants to make me work that day, well **** THEM! I'M COMING AND THEY ARE NOT STOPPING ME!

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUck

The venue's owner just decided that it was impossible for him to start the event at 12pm and we can only start at 6pm......****.

Well, no doubles....****!!!

I'll try to ask him anyway....

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
Toronto people, we are in discussion right now if we ban MetaKnight or not (it's going to be chose by democracy between montreal smashers and be decided in the next days). If MK becomes unban, I know some of you guys will then consider coming to this. Please organize a carpool, I don't want scumbag mtl saying : You scrub, MorKs, you'll never be a TO again T___T loll

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
Your going to be the only TO for a long while lol

Good job at all this though =)

Da Mighty KiddRedd will not be attending this

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Count me in!!! I'll do my best in bringing my Wii + Brawl and I'm looking forward to seeing that beautiful venue owner again! :D

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
if i have enough $ i'll try to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
oh **** can anyone house me? lololol

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
At V115 and Pidgezero_One : We're now discussing who can house and who can't. We have wAK47, Fancy Pants (ortiz34) and Kaos who live together and have a couch + couch/bed so it may be an option. If more than 2-3 people come to this, we'll have to find one more place and it will be decided in the upcoming weeks.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i apologize in advance to v115 if he suffers the unfortunate fate of getting stuck with me :p

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Couches and beds are fine with me. I'd sleep on the floor as long as it wasn't terribly dirty.
I just don't want to pay for a hotel.

Edit: I'd prefer a place where people won't be drinking/smoking. I hope that isn't too much of an inconvenience.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So pidgezero_one and I are more or less confirmed (megabus tickets have been purchased)
With whom would housing be most convenient for us? And I hope the 32 entrant cap doesn't cause any problems.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Heyyy people I might be able to come to this. It's 2 hours from where I am right now according to mapquest.

(and yes I do have a passport)

swordgard

Smash Hero
Heard someone saying he'd get top 3 garanteed and that I was ****.

Found it pretty hilarious.

Found this even more hilarious:

Brawl Singles (19 entrants)
1: Bloodcross ($114.00)
2: wWw Koolaid ($57.00)
3: Fatal ($19.00)
4: Pelca
5: Soma
5: C.awesum
7: Riot
7: Peachkid
9: Sails
9: Quest

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Bring a carpool ;). if you need housing... we can help with that.
How kind of you =]

idk yet if I'll necessarily need housing though...I'll try to figure out travel logistics in the next 2-3 days.

Heard someone saying he'd get top 3 garanteed and that I was ****.

Found it pretty hilarious.

Found this even more hilarious:
Wow really??? Are you serious right now?? It's funny how you didn't include character usage next to everyone's names, especially how I used MARTH for the MAJORITY of the tournament. I practically GAVE away wins from trying to improve my Marth for the whole tourney. If you looked at ALL MY OTHER TOURNEYS you would see that I NEVER used Marth in tourney before except once in a blue moon like ONE GAME in FEBRUARY vs Koolaid. If you posted the LIVESTREAM link as well, you would have seen that I was primarily working on Marth that tournament. Furthermore I find it quite suspicious that you CONVENIENTLY neglected to include the doubles results, where I used the character I ALMOST ALWAYS USE and made it to game 5 of LFs.

It might very well be true that you're **** in brawl and that I'm now going to try EXTRA HARD to come to this tourney and BODY YOU, but I DO know for sure that you're a **** of a person after posting something like that to someone potentially coming to a Canada tourney for the first time.

Top Bottom