• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should "Zelda/Sheik" have their own spot on the tier list?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I noticed that Brawl's tier list has a spot for only Zelda, a spot for only Sheik, and a spot for both. (Pokémon Trainer only has one I assume because of stamina). It's very well possible that it's just more advantageous to switch between them in Brawl than it ever was in Melee but I'm curious how using and mastering both movesets and switching between them would fare as compared to working with each solo. Thoughts?

ikrager

Smash Cadet
I noticed that Brawl's tier list has a spot for only Zelda, a spot for only Sheik, and a spot for both. (Pokémon Trainer only has one I assume because of stamina). It's very well possible that it's just more advantageous to switch between them in Brawl than it ever was in Melee but I'm curious how using and mastering both movesets and switching between them would fare as compared to working with each solo. Thoughts?
Well you've heard the old myth "Sheik is the damage building character and Zelda is the finishing off character." Probably due to Zelda's moveset having good knockback. Just the meta changed where Sheik became an amazing edge guarder and grab character, where switching to Zelda is putting yourself at a major disadvantage.

In Brawl, it was probably beneficial to switch between the two. In Melee, Sheik and Zelda also move completely different in terms of movement and play style. So you have to change your mindset as well.

I've been trying to main Zelda and Sheik, and I've found it beneficial to just stick to one or the other.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Well you've heard the old myth "Sheik is the damage building character and Zelda is the finishing off character." Probably due to Zelda's moveset having good knockback. Just the meta changed where Sheik became an amazing edge guarder and grab character, where switching to Zelda is putting yourself at a major disadvantage.

In Brawl, it was probably beneficial to switch between the two. In Melee, Sheik and Zelda also move completely different in terms of movement and play style. So you have to change your mindset as well.

I've been trying to main Zelda and Sheik, and I've found it beneficial to just stick to one or the other.
Yeah I've read the official Nintendo Player's Guide more times than I even know but I always knew Sheik had strong enough ko moves on her own.

The main thing I would guess would be mainly mindgame stuff, but I am curious if Brawl players really see them differently than Melee players.

Ooga Booga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Quilava711
They're paired up in brawl due to sheiks horrible kill power Zelda is really really bad she just doesn't do anything better then sheik In Melee

Top Bottom