• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should we make a subreddit for Ness?

Luk101

Smash Cadet
A lot of other characters in project m have a separate subreddit i.e. r/20SS, r/20ASC, etc. Where people post new ech theyve found, character combo gfycats, among other things. Would it be worth it for Ness to have a subreddit? Does he have enough new tech or things to discuss as squirtle or lucario that it'd be worth it to have one? We have smash boards for this, but it just doesn't feel as active as the Ness players on r/SSBPM. Let me know what you guys think.

Luk101

Smash Cadet
Also what would be a clever name? The 20__ format seems pretty cool, so what few letters would appropriately sum up ness? 20EB? 20BAT? I have no idea those were pretty bad, so any idea that are personal to earthbound would be pretty cool.

Darth Shard

Dark Lord of the Smash Bros.
I would be very active on a Ness subreddit. I agree that there are clearly a lot of Ness players on reddit, and like you said, smash boards isn't nearly as active as I'd like it to be. I would join a hypothetical r/20PK.

Luk101

Smash Cadet
Maybe r/20PSI to differentiate from Lucas and since in most English versions of earthbound, they made a mistake in translation and put psi instead of pk. And yes I would be very active as well. Not that I'm that good or anything but I would at least be on it lol.

Last edited:

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather just have the boards active again, but I'd take anything to see more ness mains posting more often outside of skype. r.i.p. 3.0 ness boards, maybe r/199X

Luk101

Smash Cadet
Did Ness boards used to be more active in 3.0 days? And I'm curious why r/199X? Is this cause it came out in the 90s or is it some reference to the game I'm not getting?

Boiko

:drshrug:
The skype group is very active. I would recommend going there. If you're going to make a subreddit, at least do Earthbound justice and call it 199x. ;)

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
Did Ness boards used to be more active in 3.0 days? And I'm curious why r/199X? Is this cause it came out in the 90s or is it some reference to the game I'm not getting?
Ness boards used to be very active people posted videos, and there was a decently active MU discussion going on in the MU thread.
The skype group is very active. I would recommend going there. If you're going to make a subreddit, at least do Earthbound justice and call it 199x. ;)
the only thing i dont like about skype is that even if when theres really good info being spread it kinda gets lost in the aether, I tend to like the boards more because they lend themselves to a more focused discussion

Luk101

Smash Cadet
So yes or no to a subreddit? There was just that post that boiko put up with the squiggly wiggly shock and step that got so many responses from Ness mains and I think it'd be really beneficiary for ness mains on there who might want to be more active but don't know about smash boards. I'm not really sure how to make a new subreddit so if we decided we wanted it some one else would have to make.

Luk101

Smash Cadet
Anything to encourage more Ness discussion would be fine by me.

https://youtu.be/BUlPdJF_CcI?t=1m14s

It would be inexcusable to call it anything else, imo. Though 20OK is almost stupid enough to be good.
Wow I did not remember the 199X at the begginning. That game was so long I forgot about the beginning lol. Yeah definitely if we were to make it then it should be r/199X.

Adelrune

Smash Rookie
It seems like r/199X is a 2 years old abandoned subreddit without mods. I know the procedure to set a subreddit up (it is really easy) so if we can agree on a name I could make one and maybe do a nice theme for it.

I personally think 20PSI would be a good replacement for 199X.

Luk101

Smash Cadet
That's too bad to hear that 199X is taken. Well if we can't have that then 20PSI is the next best thing IMO. It's more related to smash that way as well so people might actually know it means a separate Ness thread for smash and not just another earthbound thread.

Adelrune

Smash Rookie
The subreddit is setup, some things are missing and the theme is just a slight modification of a premade theme but if we can publicize it and populate it with content I'm sure it can become a somewhat relevant place to share content and discussions about Ness.

Top Bottom