• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Waft be nerfed?

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Think about it. Waft itself is a comeback mechanic and rage is also a mechanic that will boost up the knockback of Waft. Thus, it’ll make an already outrageous comeback tool even more outrageous. I’m asking for a change to nerf the waft itself by disassociating it with the affects of the rage mechanic so Wario can’t kill a 40% character, mid-stage, because they are at 130% from said character. Keep in mind that Wario is also stupidly heavy with a great recovery so it makes these kinds of unfair comebacks very likely.

Azcorban

Smash Cadet
I don't think it should be nerfed.

Yes, it is a powerful comeback-move. But in a 3 stock match you get a full Waft only once, twice if you stay alive a long time each stock. It can be shielded or dodged if you see it coming.

There a a few strong comeback-moves and I think all of them are balanced.

• Jigglypuff's Rest kills early, but if you miss it you will probably die.
  • Incineroar's Revenge can deal tremendous damage, but can be punched away or removed with a grab. He's slow.
  • Mac's K.O. Punch (grounded) kills also at 30-40%, goes through shields and can't be countered. But he looses it if he dies. And it's Mac.
I agree that Waft is not removed by dieing and has a fairly large hitbox, but Wario has only limited uses of a full Waft. He needs to time it correctly, even more than all the other comeback-moves I listed above.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I don't think it should be nerfed.

Yes, it is a powerful comeback-move. But in a 3 stock match you get a full Waft only once, twice if you stay alive a long time each stock. It can be shielded or dodged if you see it coming.

There a a few strong comeback-moves and I think all of them are balanced.

• Jigglypuff's Rest kills early, but if you miss it you will probably die.
  • Incineroar's Revenge can deal tremendous damage, but can be punched away or removed with a grab. He's slow.
  • Mac's K.O. Punch (grounded) kills also at 30-40%, goes through shields and can't be countered. But he looses it if he dies. And it's Mac.
I agree that Waft is not removed by dieing and has a fairly large hitbox, but Wario has only limited uses of a full Waft. He needs to time it correctly, even more than all the other comeback-moves I listed above.
Waft is the best because wario can parry into it, always have the pressure even when wario doesn’t do anything that’s scary, has combos that lead into it, and is long lasting because there is no way to get rid of it during a Wario stock. Keep in mind that Wario has no problem with building up damage or reacting to the opponent with a waft and his waft is stronger than Puff’s rest.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Wario has no ramge and half his moveset does not work properly. Until they fix his moveset by making moves like jab, Smash attacks and rising NAir work, actually getting more mileage off throws from throws actually being GOOD, Waft can stay good.

We've already lost so many good options for no good reason that other characters get the pleasure of keeping from bike pieces to autocancel DAir to chomp beating getup attack, etc.

Only people that ever complain about Waft from what I see play low mid tier characters. So whine for other characters to get buffed before you whine to nerf a character with half a moveset, no range, no kill throws, no usable Smash attacks, is very hard to play and only like 3 people in the whole world are winning tourneys with.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Sweetspot UTilt to Waft already required proper buffering and could be mashed out of otherwise.

Now DAir to Waft is impossible even though that combo was situational and required rage and/or higher percents to reliably land.

Watch Wario drop back to mid-low because all his other issues that plagued him in Sm4Sh exist from useless Smash attacks and jab and no good approach tools

This is honestly no different from bad players crying over early day King K. Rool. Wario was already dropping to around high tier in recent tierings to my knowledge but now I won't be surprised if he drops back to mid because of this.

Glad I don't play Ultimate as much as I used to in favor of more pleasurable Smash games, otherwise I'd be alot angrier.

Top Bottom