• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should the subForum name include the Pokemon (Squirtle/ Ivysaur/ Charizard)?

Should the Forum name include the Pokemon (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard)?

• Yes, include them all! They have different numbers and are different characters! Echoes do not.

• No, just leave it as Pokemon Trainer. The Smash Ultimate website reflects this, characters be darned

• Seth Green and Mayim Bialik were in the finale of Facts of Life? (A vote here counts also as Yes).

Results are only viewable after voting.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I am quite happy to see my beloved character return.

That said, it seems that the characters contained get a bit shafted in terms of being properly exposed. The original starters from Kanto are some of the most known Pokemon, and to many, are still household names. Charizard is certainly recognized by an enormous number of fans, easily arguable to be one of the most popular names in the entire roster.

The Pokemon each get different numbers, and are considered different characters- yet they get less airtime than even the Echoes, who are said to be virtually identical to their base character.

Even if the Smash website does not get into each of these individual characters, am I the only one who would, at the very least, like to see the characters listed in the name of the forum? At the very least, I think this would help new players to get to the character. For example, if they know Charizard is playable, but are used to him in Smash 4, they would not know to look for him in this forum. Not to mention, each character is going to have threads about them, individually. Why not better represent what is contained within the subforum heading?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
From both perspectives, i see an understanding of the yes and no. The brawl boards reflect the "no" path whereas myself feels i am majorily "yes" because that is the logical and factual result. Even the changes to the mechanics and dynamics of PKMN Trainer leads to the notion that playing with primarily one of three starters is plausible thus leads many to feel the "yes" within the OP and opt for the name change. But if one simply deters the reality, it is just PKMN trainer fighting the matches with his 3 starters, lol. It's like saying duck hunt duo is truthfully trio because of the third person shooting the zapper, so in our player perspective, we are merely picking the trainer and battling as if we ARE the trainer.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
From both perspectives, i see an understanding of the yes and no. The brawl boards reflect the "no" path whereas myself feels i am majorily "yes" because that is the logical and factual result. Even the changes to the mechanics and dynamics of PKMN Trainer leads to the notion that playing with primarily one of three starters is plausible thus leads many to feel the "yes" within the OP and opt for the name change. But if one simply deters the reality, it is just PKMN trainer fighting the matches with his 3 starters, lol. It's like saying duck hunt duo is truthfully trio because of the third person shooting the zapper, so in our player perspective, we are merely picking the trainer and battling as if we ARE the trainer.
I don't understand the "Brawl Boards" comment. I also dont understand the comparison to Duck Hunt, given that you actually play as the character there, just like you control The Pokemon, not the Trainer.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I believe there should be a "wait and see" option given that is the best answer. The whole purpose of having subforums is for organization. If there is a minimal amount of relevent threads and stickied threads for each character then there is no need. It only becomes an issue when there is too much noise in the forum. And honestly I don't see that many threads centered around one poke happening once the game comes out.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I don't understand the "Brawl Boards" comment. I also dont understand the comparison to Duck Hunt, given that you actually play as the character there, just like you control The Pokemon, not the Trainer.
Brawl boards only displays pokemon trainer if you were to look for the character forum. Duck hunt example is there to reference that there's the human player shooting the zapper in his smashes.

Ultimately you're playing the pokemon and not the trainer, but the virtual connection to the character and you makes it feel like you're the pokemon trainer battling in smash with the pokemon in your party.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I believe there should be a "wait and see" option given that is the best answer. The whole purpose of having subforums is for organization. If there is a minimal amount of relevent threads and stickied threads for each character then there is no need. It only becomes an issue when there is too much noise in the forum. And honestly I don't see that many threads centered around one poke happening once the game comes out.
My argument would come back to the numbers.

If the that is the case, then why are the Echoes listed? They are similar enough to the base character to not have their own number. Hell, in the case of some like Richter, we currently know of exactly one difference- the color of one animation! How does that warrant mentioning the character?

My argument is not that the Pokemon should each get a subforum. My argument is that they should be listed, at the minimal, just like the Echo characters are 'listed.'

This board, just like the game, is in part about honoring the characters. I repeat that a Charizard casual fan from Smash 4, might actually come to the boards and think Charizard was removed from the game, if they never played Brawl and dont know where to look.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Including their names in the title would be long enough that it would start messing up the neat layout of the Character subforum. We all know we aren't actually playing as Red running around.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'm mostly just interested in playing as Ivysaur. I might switch to Charizard to recover, but that's it.
A place to discuss Ivysaurs kit in particular would be nice. Perhaps they could be subforums for the Pokémon Trainer subforum?

Top Bottom