• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should The Change Be Made?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright so this is an idea for a game I made up: the first person says a hypothetical change to the smash roster or smash in general. Doesn’t necessarily have to be a change you wish had happened, just a change. The next person says if they do or if they don’t wish the change had happened, and why. And then they give another example of a hypothetical change, and the next person does the same. Then the thread continues and so on and so forth.
Person 1: Peppy Hare instead of Falco

Person 2: No, Falco is more iconic and fits better with smash.

Wario using his Land design as default instead of his Ware design
So I’ll start:
Yu Narukami as challenger pack 1 instead of Joker

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
The description sounds like a character I would favor, if my impression is correct, but Joker looks more distinguishable with the mask and coat, if you were to ask me, and the very fact that he is called Joker is another distinction, so I would not replace him. Otherwise, I could not say much.

Banjo and Kazooie replace Meta Knight in Brawl.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Not a huge loss. Meta Knight would almost definitely be in line for the next Smash anyway. Having Sonic, Snake, and Banjo all fighting in Brawl would be incredible to see.
also no meta knight means no tier-list domination

Byleth and Joker's places in FP1 are swapped. (Byleth is revealed first, Joker is revealed last. the other reveals stay the same)

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Fighter pass 1 first and last reveals swap would def be an improvement.

eliminating a lot of the terrible stages & eliminating the top platform in battlefield

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
You'll have to be more specific as to what "terrible stages" are, but anyways, I wouldn't eliminate the top platform in battlefield

Any song can be played on any stage

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll say yes since people might not like music from some franchises, and I’ve seen complaints that Mario songs cannot be played on Yoshi’s Island (Melee).

Would you accept if Bowser’s Castle took Rainbow Cruises spot in all of its appearances (Melee, Brawl, Ultimate)?

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I’ll say yes since people might not like music from some franchises, and I’ve seen complaints that Mario songs cannot be played on Yoshi’s Island (Melee).

Would you accept if Bowser’s Castle took Rainbow Cruises spot in all of its appearances (Melee, Brawl, Ultimate)?
Yes. While Rainbow Cruise is a cool stage, I'd rather have a proper Bowser stage.

Ridley gets into Brawl instead of King Dedede.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Never dare touch King Dedede!... Well, I am afraid this is an incredibly biased opinion, but apologies, Ridley. You can wait until Smash Bros. 4... Yes, I know I changed a detail.

Edit: Pac-Man comes before Pit.

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Sure, I have heard of Pac Man long before I have heard of Pit

Krystal comes before Palutena

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
No thanks, more than one rep (excluding clones) was pretty much a necessity for Kid Icarus in Smash 4 IMO

Smash 3DS and Wii U have the same release date

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Sure, NDC is a pretty boring stage.

Muddy Mole is Brawl's first retro instead of Pit, but KIU still exists and Pit gets in 3DS/Wii U instead of Palutena, bringing Dark Pit with him.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll pass since idk how a blue shell can even get a full moveset

Waluigi was added instead of Rosalina for the For games and Ultimate.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll pass on this since it’d feel a little awkward to have Dixie before Diddy.

In the 3DS and WiiU SSB games, a single Ice Climber is playble without the partner during battles?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
No. Just No.

Link and the Villagers are cut from MK8's DLC, in their place are Sonic, Tails and Knuckles in a pack, while the 3 Mario clone characters have their own DLC pack. Eggman joins them in Deluxe instead of the Inklings

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yeah, I think I would rather have a few third-party characters than a bunch of non-Mario first parties. Plus, having Sonic and the gang in Mario Kart could lead to us getting another R or Riders game instead of TSR, which would be cool.

Crimson Chin gets into Nick All-Star Brawl instead of Powdered Toast Man

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I liked Poke Floats, so yes.

Instead of CP11, Ganondorf gets the moveset the SSB Crusade gave him.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yeah, I'm fine with his current moveset and most of his original moves come from Pig Ganon anyways.

Marth uses his original design in Smash.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hmm... Yeah, but mostly for 1. more skimpily dressed males, and 2. more visual differences from Lucina.

Chrom and Dark Samus are removed, Paula (Ness) and The Amazon (Incineroar) take their place as echoes.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yeah, it would be cool to finally have an echo from a different series.

Instead of Richter getting in as Simon's echo, Metal Sonic is revealed as Sonic's echo along with Dark Samus and Chrom

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If they can somehow pull it off, sure.

SSBU gets two extra base game fighters - the once-inevitable niche retro duo, this time consisting of Who Are You Running From? and Muddy Mole.

Top Bottom