• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Pokémon Automatically Change After a K.O.?

Should Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard automatically change Pokémon after they K.O.?

• Total voters

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
I'm in the process of designing a Brawl modification that's specifically for competitive play while being faithful to vanilla Brawl. After having some trouble figuring out how Pokémon Trainer, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard were used in competitive play I decided it would be best to consult with you, the players.

Should Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard automatically change Pokémon after they K.O.?

If no the default Pokémon will automatically change Pokémon after they K.O., however if you hold R down when selecting Pokémon Trainer, Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Charizard you will activate Solo Pokémon, Solo Squirtle, Solo Ivysaur, or Solo Charizard with no automatic Pokémon Change after a K.O. (down special is still functional) and no Pokémon Trainer in the background.

This idea was inspired by how Solo Popo is selected in the popular Melee modification, 20XX Hacks Pack.

Is this a good idea for competitive play? Please let me know.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
I'm in the process of designing a Brawl modification that's specifically for competitive play while being faithful to vanilla Brawl. After having some trouble figuring out how Pokémon Trainer, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard were used in competitive play I decided it would be best to consult with you, the players.

If no the default Pokémon will automatically change Pokémon after they K.O., however if you hold R down when selecting Pokémon Trainer, Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Charizard you will activate Solo Pokémon, Solo Squirtle, Solo Ivysaur, or Solo Charizard with no automatic Pokémon Change after a K.O. (down special is still functional) and no Pokémon Trainer in the background.

This idea was inspired by how Solo Popo is selected in the popular Melee modification, 20XX Hacks Pack.

Is this a good idea for competitive play? Please let me know.
Why is down special still functional if you are "Going solo?" just get rid of the stamina mechanic if going solo(good for training with single pokemon), also could you speed up the change time? Sakurai did not factor in how bad it was when paired with stamina. :p

Top Bottom