• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should pikachu have a longer dacus?

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking it would be a good idea to give him a good dacus by giving him a ****ty dash attack. Like make pikachu's dash attack hitbox come out later and give him an animation like DDD's and make him kind of splat on the ground as if he used tackle but missed.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
he already has a crappy dash attack.. and i really dont think he needs a good DACUS when he already has like, the best up smash in the game and a quick dash speed.

i actually might say the opposite. i think hes fine without a good dacus, but needs a good dash attack. he needs a little something to strengthen his normals.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Fun fact, Pika's dash attack has the same damage/knockback as F-tilt. It just has comparatively less active hitbox frames and much greater endlag, so it's not only bad but also redundant.

And yeah, most characters with good DACUS lengths don't have the best U-smashes. Lucas is one of the few characters I can think of that has both, but the point stands that it's rare

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
ah, ok. Thanks for the feedback! It's just something interesting to throw around and debate.

Top Bottom