• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Nintendo put a GBA Emulator/Roms app onto Apple/Android devices?

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Link to original post: [drupal=5525]Should Nintendo put a GBA Emulator/Roms app onto Apple/Android devices?[/drupal]

Yes I know you can do this already, but you can have a legitimate one. Plus it could boost sales for Nintendo since some people don't have Gameboys. Plus people probably don't want to carry both a phone and a GBA when they're on the go, so why not limit it to one but still have both?

I think it would be cool IMO. Give your feedback here.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
No, because Virtual Console exists.

If they did (which I highly doubt they would ever do), the games would likely not be re-released exclusively for iOS/Android, and would probably be marked up in price, like this.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
A) Why buy one when there's free ones?
B) Why market something designed to play pirated versions of their own product?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I can see this being a potentially big money maker for Nintendo (I stress the word "potential"). I mean, I'd get them at least, though I'll probably limit the games I get too, since the D-pad and other buttons feel weird on an iPhone touch screen, so RPGs of the J variety will probably be all I play... Oh, and Pokémon.

:phone:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
It wouldnt be an emulator as much as making iOS versions of the games (which is closer to what you mean, right? as Nday said, virtual console sort of things?)

...but that would mean taking sales from DS/3DS stuff......which they wouldnt risk. if they werent console makers itd be a more viable option. but, why give money to competition when you have your own portable systems?

Top Bottom