• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zwab

Smash Rookie
when do the polls end?

Who cares it's obvious yes wins because too many people were brainwashed into wanting more ******** rules which make no sence in aving because if something is in the game it is perfectly viable

..................... they make the rules because nintendo doesn't care if the game is competetive, in order for it to be competetive we have to make a ruleset for everyone to follow, hence the reason stages and items are banned, and we don't play coin matches and that bs, MK is just another step in making the game more competetive, you don't belong here if thats what you think, to ban all advanced techs. smashboards is for competetive smash players.
My Point is if something is ingame its viable end of, banning meta knigt is banning something that is completely legal, just cause ******* decide: I know im in carge now everybosy listen to me doesnt mean we have to.

ADV Techs are in game

MK is in game

Banning MK means getting rid of in game hazards

Therfore why not ban all other in game hazards which results in you not playing, if you dont like sommat dont play the game or put up with it, simple as that

salaboB

Smash Champion
Who cares it's obvious yes wins because too many people were brainwashed into wanting more ******** rules which make no sence in aving because if something is in the game it is perfectly viable
Ad hominem ftw.

(Btw: Items, stages, IDC, etc.)

zwab

Smash Rookie
It means you said "Your argument sucks because you're stupid" rather than actually giving any logical reason why it's wrong.

I ain't stupid, this forum is full of ******* who think they know everything from my short experience here

gantrain05

Smash Master
It means you said "Your argument sucks because you're stupid" rather than actually giving any logical reason why it's wrong.
its true, you can't argue, "well because its there its legal and you are all stooopid for not being able to beat MK, MK is awesome, im awesome, you guys suck" thats not an argument, thats just making a fool of yourself.

zwab

Smash Rookie
its true, you can't argue, "well because its there its legal and you are all stooopid for not being able to beat MK, MK is awesome, im awesome, you guys suck" thats not an argument, thats just making a fool of yourself.
I never said i'm awesome your just being a presumptions **** :laugh:

sorry... but you are!

zwab

Smash Rookie
You misread my explanation, please try again.

You did say I was stupid for not comming up with logical explanations when I was but as allways when tere is a competetive community people have to obey their little "gods"

Thats is how your being a ******

so get a life

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You did say I was stupid for not comming up with logical explanations when I was but as allways when tere is a competetive community people have to obey their little "gods"

Ad Hominem: Instead of attacking the argument, you attack the person arguing. This is usually because the person is unable to defeat the opposing argument and instead attempts to discredit his opponent.

Also, you're doing it again.

zwab

Smash Rookie
Ad Hominem: Instead of attacking the argument, you attack the person arguing. This is usually because the person is unable to defeat the opposing argument and instead attempts to discredit his opponent.

Also, you're doing it again.
No its because he is being a ******, but as you are all "competeive freaks" who think they are playing the "real game" with the "real rules" heres a news flash Its a game, It's not real life, so stop making laws like it is

Mortimer

Smash Apprentice

so get a life
Nobody's calling you stupid but yourself.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No its because he is being a ******, but as you are all "competeive freaks" who think they are playing the "real game" with the "real rules" heres a news flash Its a game, It's not real life, so stop making laws like it is
4ch an?

zwab

Smash Rookie
Nobody's calling you stupid but yourself.

No you Highlighted that bit to make it look like tat because you think you are clever
and that you know everything, "I was stupid" are words that ad to be in there to explain my point so your post is irrelivant

salaboB

Smash Champion

so get a life
You missed, again.

I'm sorry you keep misreading my sentence and where my use of the word "stupid" was applying to, but I can provide a tip to get you on the right track: It never was you.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No, don't tell him he's wrong! He'll assume you're just calling him stupid again! :V

Mortimer

Smash Apprentice
No you Highlighted that bit to make it look like tat because you think you are clever
and that you know everything, "I was stupid" are words that ad to be in there to explain my point so your post is irrelivant
Yes, I did hilight those words to make the point that you're calling yourself stupid. Nobody else has said that, yet you insist upon it. So, by process of elimination, you're the only person calling yourself stupid!

If you don't think you're stupid, stop insisting that other people do. Whether it's true or not, nobody's actually come out and said it.

gantrain05

Smash Master
dude, you are stupid.....stop being some anti smashboards ***, calling the SBR members *******, when in fact they know more about this game than you ever will. this is a COMPETETIVE forum, where COMPETETIVE people come to discuss things, you obviously are a noob, and don't belong here, we don't need this argument.

salaboB

Smash Champion
dude, you are stupid.....stop being some anti smashboards ***, calling the SBR members *******, when in fact they know more about this game than you ever will. this is a COMPETETIVE forum, where COMPETETIVE people come to discuss things, you obviously are a noob, and don't belong here, we don't need this argument.
Here zwab, now someone has called you stupid.

Rant at him.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
We make rules for it because we like playing it like a competative game, where intelligence and strategy rule the day. Not being smiting by God (aka, bomb-om appearing in your hitbox).

We can ban whatever we want, and there's nothing you can do about it, because you're not *GASP* a competative player.

This is not because your analysis is inherently wrong due to that status but because you're drawing from a different set of preconptions then we are, preconceptions that mean NOTHING to us.

If playing FFAs with all items on in New Pork City is your idea of fun, please, do it, have fun. We'll be playing the game our way, and your opinion that we're doing it wrong doesn't matter to us.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I am reminded of Shoryuken's Mister Wizard tournament changes. But we're getting pretty off topic.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
I can't believe how often people talk about "items being banned" in these Meta Knight threads and try to draw parallels to Meta Knight.

Here's a shocking fact: items aren't banned. If you happen to get ahold of an item, you can use it. There are no restrictions on how you can use items. Setting item spawn to none and each item to off is a setting in the game, not a ban. It's the same thing as choosing stock mode rather than time mode or coin mode, unless you think tournaments ban coin mode.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I can't believe how often people talk about "items being banned" in these Meta Knight threads and try to draw parallels to Meta Knight.

Here's a shocking fact: items aren't banned. If you happen to get ahold of an item, you can use it. There are no restrictions on how you can use items. Setting item spawn to none and each item to off is a setting in the game, not a ban. It's the same thing as choosing stock mode rather than time mode or coin mode, unless you think tournaments ban coin mode.
yeah, so you show me a tournament that was played in coin mode and i might believe what your saying, how are items NOT banned if they are turned off? the only way you could get ahold of items would be peach or DDD pulling something out with the specials, which is pretty rare.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

That's exactly what I said, many times actually.

Neutral guard to off as well.

salaboB

Smash Champion

Stages are still banned, regardless of whether items are a gameplay mode or not.

And if stages are just a gameplay mode, the character you use is just a gameploy mode too.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
The stages that should be banned are actually broken though. (Note: I said "should be", not the ones that might actually be banned at any arbitrary tournament. Meta Knight shouldn't be banned either but he is still banned at some tournaments.)

Mortimer

Smash Apprentice

Interesting idea. Somebody CP coin mode at their next tournament!

ColinJF

Smash Ace
The typical advanced-slob pick system used doesn't let you counterpick a mode, so I'm not sure what you are trying to say. It just isn't part of the tournament structure used. It would be a bit like saying slob picks, or single elimination tournaments, are banned.

Mortimer

Smash Apprentice
The typical advanced-slob pick system used doesn't let you counterpick a mode, so I'm not sure what you are trying to say. It just isn't part of the tournament structure used. It would be a bit like saying slob picks, or single elimination tournaments, are banned.
If you can't pick it, it makes no difference whether you call it banned or not. The end result is the same.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
It makes a difference because we can select the in game settings we prefer for reasons other than one set of settings being broken since it is just choosing what game to play.

We don't have that kind of liberty with characters or stages. A common argument I see in these threads is "Meta Knight may be beatable, but he still does X, Y, and Z and we ban items even though they aren't broken as well" -- the fact is, we don't ban items; it's a setting in the game. That's why the distinction matters.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So uh, if we play Brawl with nothing unlocked, is Marth banned or is the option to play him simply set to off?

Mortimer

Smash Apprentice
It makes a difference because we can select the in game settings we prefer for reasons other than one set of settings being broken since it is just choosing what game to play.

We don't have that kind of liberty with characters or stages. A common argument I see in these threads is "Meta Knight may be beatable, but he still does X, Y, and Z and we ban items even though they aren't broken as well" -- the fact is, we don't ban items; it's a setting in the game. That's why the distinction matters.
But the same can be applied to Meta Knight. He's not banned; you just can't choose him. It's a meaningless distinction.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Ankoku said:
So uh, if we play Brawl with nothing unlocked, is Marth banned or is the option to play him simply set to off?
I consider the save state / memory card data as part of the "in game settings", so choosing whether to allow Marth is an in game setting choice, even though it doesn't present itself exactly as a "Marth allowed?" option in the menu.

On the other hand, if Marth were broken, we could ban him for that reason.

I can't remember if Meta Knight is an unlockable character, but if he is, we could not allow him under "in game settings" for that reason, but the question in this thread is whether he should be banned. My argument against disallowing him under that reasoning if he's unlockable is that the community prefers to play with all characters unlocked.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That's a settings choice as well. As is removing stage selection in general.

Before any evidence is applied all game mode choices are technically equally valid. The flip side of that is that any meaningless advantage of one over another is grounds for not choosing it.

Items make the game less skill-based and more random. Therefore we chose against them, simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom