• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I Wait Until a Smash Switch/Melee HD bundle?

Buy the Switch, or wait?

• Don't buy a Switch at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shollyboster

Dead Memes and Broken Dreams
NNID
112345brian
Hey, guys. I have a Wii U and not enough motivation to support its feeble lifespan. I'd like to play Breath of the Wild but I'm not afraid to wait a year to get a switch for a good deal to get it. What I'm wondering is whether or not it would be wise to wait until they do some sort of special edition switch for the holidays to get a game, such as Smash Bros (even though I play Melee more now).

Honestly, a better version of this question could even be: do you think they'll do holiday bundles with such a new system?

Money is honestly not the problem. I have enough spare to actually buy a Switch right now. I just don't know if it is wise to play an amazing game for a month and then have it collect dust until there is a Smash-related release. Gotta get those wave shines in somehow.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Melee is probably not going to be bundled with Switch. I see it as an eShop Virtual Console game. SSB5 or even SSB4 Deluxe are more likely to be bundled with Switch if that ever happens.

I don't know if Switch will get both SSB4 Deluxe AND SSB5. I don't even know if Switch will get Mario Kart 9 when it already has Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. We usually get one Mario Kart game and one Smash game per console after all.

As for holiday bundles, I can see it bundled with Splatoon 2 and/or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Melee HD is probably never happening.

Melee VC on the other hand is entirely possible.

Top Bottom