• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I take apart and clean my Gamecube Controller?

sean44104

Smash Rookie
After buying gamecube controllers off of ebay, I always take them apart and clean out the buttons. I have a black smashball gamecube controller that I bought from Best Buy back when those were being sold. I have used it and it only for playing melee for a few years. Now, I am thinking of taking it apart and cleaning it. Are there any benefits to cleaning a gamecube controller that has been under constant use, or should you only do that for used/dirty ones?

Pauer

The Pauerful
Are there any benefits to cleaning a gamecube controller that has been under constant use, or should you only do that for used/dirty ones?
Depends on how clean your hands are when you play. If you don't wash them regularly before handling your controller, there will be a lot of dirt inside that's built up over the years. It's nice to clean out the controller but I'm not sure whether it'll have a significant impact on the general feel. There's no downside to doing it though, so feel free to try.

link2702

Smash Champion
Cleaning the controllers are easy, you can’t really screw anything up unless you deliberately try.

I’ve taken apart all my controllers from nes all the way to switch joycons. If you’re worried it’ll mess with the “feel” you’ve gotten used to on Melee, don’t, you’re not gonna notice a difference.

Top Bottom