• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I switch my main character from dedede to Jigglypuff?

Leekduck

Smash Cadet
My main character just now, as you can see, is King Dedede although I am around just as good with Jigglypuff, And so far if always used dedede but occaisionally used Jigglypuff when I get bored with dedede.

Basicly im getting bored with dedede and might switch to jigglypuff

Discuss

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Why wouldn't you?

Jigglypuff has so many gameplay possibilities after all.

I would name five right off the bat, but I don't like to lie. :)

PND

Smash Champion
DeDeDe is way more viable than Jiggs. Feel free to secondary her, but I would recommend sticking with DeDeDe.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is far from the right character to switch to.

Picking her up and getting semi good with here will be REALLY good for your spacing. Same with Wario. Jigglypuff would be a good character for a D3 to pick up, but not to replace.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
Depends on how you play... to win... or for showoff...

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Whatever you do, keep Jigglypuff as a secondary (or a main). Use her for fun and occasionally in serious matches.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Why would you switch from a completely viable character to one that is pretty much garbage?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Depends on what you want to do? Want to win tourneys? Stick with Dedede. Want to have fun against friends? By all means pick Jigglypuff.

Jigglypuff has a severe lack of players; we need more.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Play both.

DDD is always good back up as a secondary since he is such good counter pick against several characters.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
What tha **** is this thread?
Look, play the character you can win the best with. I didn't pick DDD cause he's high tier. The fat man picked me. Believe me, in a competitive fighter, you can't pick your main, it just doesn't work that way.

Sit down with me, I'll tell you a story of how I learned this lesson.

I was pumped, I was finally getting my hands on Guilty Gear, the greatest fighting game of all time, I went and researched all the charecters, tiers, matchups, tactics, and decide before even touching the game that the right person for me was going to be May. She simply seemed to fun to play, before even touching her!

I get the game, I learn the basics, all with May, and I fit my first hurdle, I could not get the loop down, no matter how much I practice. All right I said, I'll try her bread and butter combos, again, they just did not feel right in my hands. Then I said it must be that I'm new to the game, I just need some experience using the character. About a months go by, I am not having fun except for when standing still and dolphin spamming (because both are so cute), and I am not winning or progressing with May at all. I start to choose random characters, looking for someone who fits my play style. Much to my surprise, my style was fit perfectly, my bread and butter combos done with ease, and my progress rapid when I began working with A.B.A. I could definitively tell this was the character for me.

Even Fiction himself messed around with the top tiers until he finally stumbled upon Wario for himself, he knew and understood the power of M2K, but failed to work with him properly. Mango came out of left field maining Jigglypuff. Taj knew the power and abuse of Marth, till he got ***** by Gimpyfish, too which he found his only usable option: Mewtwo, of all people.

Case in short, you can not change or affect the person who works best for you. Its a natural thing you can't control.

Leekduck

Smash Cadet
What Are tiers?

That was an ecxellent post but im a n00b, Jigglypuff has actualy always been one of my main characters, If I could have picked two mains I would have picked dedede and Jigglypuff

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
What Are tiers?

That was an ecxellent post but im a n00b, Jigglypuff has actualy always been one of my main characters, If I could have picked two mains I would have picked dedede and Jigglypuff
A tier list is a ranking of each character's metagame. It shows how well players can expect each character to perform.

Here is the newset tier list:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236407

Don't let tiers discourage you, because it really depends on the player who is in control.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
What tha **** is this thread?
Look, play the character you can win the best with. I didn't pick DDD cause he's high tier. The fat man picked me. Believe me, in a competitive fighter, you can't pick your main, it just doesn't work that way.

Sit down with me, I'll tell you a story of how I learned this lesson.

I was pumped, I was finally getting my hands on Guilty Gear, the greatest fighting game of all time, I went and researched all the charecters, tiers, matchups, tactics, and decide before even touching the game that the right person for me was going to be May. She simply seemed to fun to play, before even touching her!

I get the game, I learn the basics, all with May, and I fit my first hurdle, I could not get the loop down, no matter how much I practice. All right I said, I'll try her bread and butter combos, again, they just did not feel right in my hands. Then I said it must be that I'm new to the game, I just need some experience using the character. About a months go by, I am not having fun except for when standing still and dolphin spamming (because both are so cute), and I am not winning or progressing with May at all. I start to choose random characters, looking for someone who fits my play style. Much to my surprise, my style was fit perfectly, my bread and butter combos done with ease, and my progress rapid when I began working with A.B.A. I could definitively tell this was the character for me.

Even Fiction himself messed around with the top tiers until he finally stumbled upon Wario for himself, he knew and understood the power of M2K, but failed to work with him properly. Mango came out of left field maining Jigglypuff. Taj knew the power and abuse of Marth, till he got ***** by Gimpyfish, too which he found his only usable option: Mewtwo, of all people.

Case in short, you can not change or affect the person who works best for you. Its a natural thing you can't control.
Awesome post! GG rox and was a good example. ^_^

/applaud

Altho for me, I chose the the most appealing characters. In smash I use my favorite video game characters like Kirby, Dedede, the Ice Climbers, Olimar, Pokemon Trainer Sonic and etc. and then I force my self to learn them all. The guys ho work out best become my mains (the ones who fit my style) and the others are my 2ndaries. In games like GG, I pike my favorite looking character. For me it was A.B.A. She has a frigging GIANT, TALKING, LIVING KEY-AXE! THe moment I saw those two I was like....their gonna be my character. So after a week workin' with them I got them down and now I own with 'em.

I guess I have a think for duo characters because I main ABA/Para and Nana/Popo. =P

And on an off note. If ur scared to chose ur favorite VG character to fight with becuz they r low tier in smash, dont be. My friend used Yoshi in melee and now he uses him in Brawl. EVERY tournament he gets a big crowd around his a TV becuz everyone is like "woah i've never seen a Yoshi mainer b4!" My TV is barren and empty becuz I use pretty popular characters. Then one time I entered with Sonic bak when he was low tier. I got a crowd! :D I never actually get far enough to WIN a tournament because pros always showed up (like KDJ came to the melee tournaments) so I figured might as well try to show off rather than win. And its a lot of fun, even if I don't win. Winning ain't everything! ^_^

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
What Are tiers?

You actually can pick two mains if that works out for you. Two of the top DDD mains also main Ice Climbers, and another one mains Metaknight as well, and Hungrybox, another one of the top 8 DDDs mains DDD and Jigglypuff. I personally main DDD and ZSS. You can have two mains if that works for you. Though, its good to work on your matchups for both, and not get to rely on one or the other for a matchup. DDDs bad matchups are coming closer and closer to even, Co18 after fighting Lain at Genesis feels that the matchup is 55-45, 60-40 at worst. We are quickly shutting down Falco's game, as well having a grip on GnW. Working through matchups is the most important part of a characters metagame.

So, you can pick two mains, just make sure not to fall back on their strengths and weaknesses, and instead learn to work with those weaknesses as best you can.

I friendly Jiggly and main DDD as I said before, so if you have questions about either, feel free to send me a visitor message.

Altho for me, I chose the the most appealing characters.
Well, this too to some degree. DDD is the only non-female character I play in a game. I just don't have fun looking at a guy.

Leekduck

Smash Cadet
Tier list seems pointless to me, I always thought the different characters unique fighting style fitted the Play style of the player, not on a specific "Whos better then who" list,

Leekduck

Smash Cadet
Ok in a nutshell

1.I have as much fun with Jigglypuff as with Dedede

2.Im better at jigglypuff as I recently discovered, On organised wi-fi matches Ive not won a match with dedede but I have with jiggles

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I would stay with King D3 but if your bored of that character then start using Jiggly.
She is more fun to use, like luigi she makes all other characters look boring accept Luigi

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Maybe you should look at the last posting date, mars16. A bump would be acceptable if this was an important thread that shouldn't die, or if you had something extremely important to say.
Buuuuuuut...this is the Jiggs boards so you might pass.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Well then my bad, for a second I forgot it was The Jiggs thread maybe I should find another.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
The smart choice would be to main D3, but try using Jigglypuff in some serious matches if you are feeling bold.

Top Bottom