• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I practice pikachu on anther's?

CGod

Smash Cadet
I heard pikachu is not good on WiFi, I picked him up for rosalina. I need to practice as him for tournament I might be going during the summer

Emuchu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Emuchu
3DS FC
2320-6462-6471
I heard pikachu is not good on WiFi, I picked him up for rosalina. I need to practice as him for tournament I might be going during the summer
It's not that Pikachu isn't good on For Glory. I've had good success with him for the most part, and I've met a handful of incredibly skilled Pikas online. The main issue is that Pika is disproportionately affected by non-optimal connections. Lag or network stuttering can cause you to pineapple simple recoveries, and slowdown can negate Pika's ability to play the neutral effectively by making it easier for your opponent to react to his attacks and box Pika out.

You can still practice playing the neutral and polishing your combo game on For Glory, but be prepared to lose games to circumstances out of your control on a fairly regular basis.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Anther's isn't For Glory. The site lets you know where every player is located, so as long as you stick with playing people near you your lag shouldn't be an issue very often. Assuming you have good internet yourself. Also people from my experience usually won't go on there if they have a laggy connection, unlike For Glory where people don't care. Remember, online smash 4 is peer to peer so lag is completely dependent on the connection quality of the two people that are playing each other. The vast majority of my matches on there have had no noticeable lag. I'd say yes.

Also, invest in an ethernet adapter for your wii u if you don't have one already. Having a wired connection instead of a wireless one helps a lot with lag in my experience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom