• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I Main Greninja or Wario?

SnorlaxPayUrTax

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4000-8376-2440
I've been trying To find a main since ultimate came out and I've narrowed it down to greninja or wario, bowser is my secondary as I feel he has way too many unfavourable matchups and struggles on certain stages. Greninja feels a bit weak to me and like I have to be way better than my opponent to get similiar results? Wario seems fun and more rewarding but I can't decide so help me pick!!

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Who feels most intuitive to play to you win or lose? Whoever that is is who you have the most potential with and should be your main

SnorlaxPayUrTax

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4000-8376-2440
I guess wario is more intuitive but I feel that's because he has a simpler play style, I find greninja fun but hard. I wanted to pick up wario in smash 4 but never got around to it. I'm leaning towards wario right now, is he a good main to go with bowser ?

BigDamnHero

Smash Rookie
:ultwario: gets walled/camped easily from what I've seen, but if he manages to get in he'll really get in.
:ultgreninja: doesn't have that same "hype-factor", but he's rewarding if you're good at reading your opponent.

Start with Wario and maybe switch to Greninja once you've gotten enough practice?

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Greninja is the better character imo, and I think his strengths will have more staying power in the meta, but both characters are very good.

:150:

CoinedLuck

Smash Cadet
I would say Wario, but that's just because I'm biased and I worship him as a deity. You have to be on the offensive side of things, because he exceeds when he's taking advantage of the situation. Wario isn't as good with countering attacks or pressure, because his attacks take time to connect in those situations. Don't let the opponent camp you or not feel like they are constantly under pressure from your attacks and aerials.

Just go with the one you like the most. What's important is that you are comfortable with the character and enjoy their playstyle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom