• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Should I get Wind Waker HD?

DrXenoPootis

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrXenoPootis
3DS FC
3969-6817-9705
Its adventurous, vast, and has a simple, but yet colorful art style. Its a bit similar to the first Legend of Zelda game. Get the game.

DoomWarrior

Smash Rookie
if you dont have the GC version already then get the game. WW is one of my favorite games and a lot of things have been vastly improved from the original (better sailing mechanics, fetch quests shortened, etc.)

finalark

SNORLAX
Flow Chart Time:

Do you own a copy of Wind Waker on Game Cube? ------> Yes ------> Don't buy WW HD
|
V
No
|
V
Buy WW HD

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I'd recommend getting the HD version because of the improvements it made to the original. WW's my all-time favorite Zelda, so I think you'll like it, too.

Soupy

Sage of Wind
YES. If you've never played it before then you definitely need to. Wind Waker is one of my all time favorites, and I think you'll enjoy it.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Absolutely. I got Wind Waker back when it came out... played through it and LOVED IT. I bought Wind Waker HD at launch... and I enjoyed it a lot more for some reason. I actually got 100% of everything in the game. The HD visuals are amazing and the game is still top notch. If you've never played it, that is not a real question. If you've played the original... still buy it. My two cents! =)

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I'm a big Wind Waker supporter, so I say YES, get the game, even if you've already played it. It's not perfect, but it looks gorgeous and implements enough smart new ideas to make it the definitive version of the game for me.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I think I'll wait for the GCN version getting released on the Virtual Console eventually. :troll::troll::troll:

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I think I'll wait for the GCN version getting released on the Virtual Console eventually. :troll::troll::troll:
Actually makes me wonder if they're going to end up doing that, although I highly doubt it. It would be really confusing of them to decide to sell that, even if it was a non-HD version for cheaper.

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
Absolutely yes! Out of all the Zelda games currently released, Wind Waker has probably the biggest world to date, not to mention that the visual style provides plenty of eye-candy and holds up really well to this day. The dungeons are fun, exploring is a treat, and, personally, I think it has some of the best combat in a Zelda game so far.

Bottom line, get it. Even if you have the original, I'd still say get it. The remake just has so many improvements over the original that really gives a better experience on top of an already amazing one.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It depends, have you played the Gamecube original?

If yes, did you enjoy it or no?

If no, is it due to commonly complained elements such as sailing or the triforce quest etc?

If yes, the HD remake has done some tweaks, additions and improvements to address those issues of the game and making it a more smooth and enjoyable experience.

I'd say go for it as its a very enjoyable and fun game and the HD remake is even better imo.

Top Bottom