• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I get a Japanese copy?

Should I?

• Yes. The only real difference is that the default language is Japanese, which you can change easily.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yes, but some tricks are executed differently in that version.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. The game is entirely in Japanese, without any option to change it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Netplay is this game's bread and butter. Get a better computer.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
Super Smash Bros. Melee is the only Smash game that I haven't played. There are two major reasons for that.

1. My laptop sucks too badly to use Dolphin.
2. Copies of the game go for $20 for a broken disc alone, and $40 for a working one.

However, I think it's time that I actually play the game, and thankfully, working Japanese copies of it go for far less -- around the price of a broken US copy.

Of course, region locking won't be an issue; my dad hacked my Wii years ago. However, I want to know if there are any other major differences between an NTSC-J copy and an NTSC-U one.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
If your dad hacked your wii, get an ISO of melee and play it through homebrew. That's what most people do. Probably get 20XX.

Top Bottom