• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I button mash when getting grabbed?

JacobARF

Smash Cadet
Or only rotate the control stick? Feels like I will make an attack by mistake when getting grab released.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Someone can correct me if I'm not 100% correct, but from what I know:

- You shouldn't ever have to worry about attacking after release.....you (and the grabber) are stuck in 30 frames of release lag once you break out of grab. There are small exceptions, but for a majority it's 30 frames for both.

- Only 1 analog stick and 1 button input count per frame toward breaking out
- C-stick does nothing

rotating analog stick while sliding over all the face buttons and tapping the L and R shoulders (you don't have to depress them all the way) is the best way.

If you aren't fast enough to break out you should instead think about getting ready to DI or tech the throw, since that can save your life or stop the combo thats about to happen.

Official FAQ and QnA Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

Also use this stickied thread ^ for simple questions instead of starting a whole thread. A ton of knowledgeable people in there who answer questions quickly.

Last edited:

TobiasXK

Smash Ace
what do you mean? wobbling is an infinite. if their setup isn't clean and the percents are low you might be able to mash out before it starts, but there's no way to "get out" of the actual combo once it's happening.

Top Bottom