• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Counterpicking be Revamped (CharBan)

Wnyke

Smash Cadet
Plain and simple
With so many characters in-game,
should CHARACTER-BAN be a new rule???

Concept: after losing Game 1, the loser can call 1 character to ban along with the stages. The character ban only last for that game.

I think this may bring some spice up to the game, rewarding matchup knowledge and diversification in character usage. Obviously this fails horribly when a S-tier character has only one bad match up.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Nah. What if the winner only plays one character? Banned characters shouldn’t be relevant unless it’s necessary.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The better solution to enforce more character variety is just playing Squad Strike. It's much more straightforward, forces you to have three mains instead of one, and it minimizes out of the game gamesmanship that character bans introduce (things like trying to hide who your secondaries are to trick your opponent into bad match-ups).

DDRC

Smash Apprentice
Interesting idea but I dont realistically see it working in a game like smash or any non team fighting game. I usually like to find one character I love and only stick to that character and I feel a change like this would limit my potential with that character because now i have to practice two-three of them. It would make things much harder for people new to the scene aswell.

Top Bottom