• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Should Cloud be banned from doubles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
The character’s dominance is undeniable. Any team that isn’t double Cloud will have one on their team. And it’s come to the point where not using a Cloud in doubles is holding you and your teammates back.

Is it time to try a ban and see where the community goes from there?

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
I don't really think there's any quantifiable evidence that cloud is holding back the doubles meta. Maybe smash 4 double has just reached its metagame peak.

Last edited:

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
that's a pretty lame argument. saying smash 4 doubles has reached a "metagame peak" in just 3 years despite having a far more complex environment than singles (which may still evolve for years) is extremely questionable.

cloud is clearly overcentralizing the doubles meta. since doubles is a less popular side event anyway, i'd consider it entirely within reason to ban him

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
Looking back, yeah. It is a crappy argument. The double meta usually accelerates at a slower rate than other forms of gameplay. However, because of smash 4's more airtight development process and lower tech skill barrier, we may have just reached a form of hyper-20XX. I think we can all agree that smash 4 is not a well balanced game.

Fearitself

Smash Rookie
No. He isn't remotely OP enough to be banned. I'll admit he is better in doubles than singles as a teammate can aid him with his poor recovery. But I think you either play with a Cloud on your team or you learn the MU. I believe it is that simple. A lot of nerfs happened in sm4sh over the past few years bc the vocal minority complained a lot. Granted things like pre-patch Diddy and Bayo were absurd and imo the game still isn't super well balanced. I believe as a community people should complain less and try to stop hoping for change when the ability to make certain changes (i.e. buffs and nerfs) isn't within our power anyways.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
1. There's an official thread for this topic, just a heads-up
2. The same local weeklies in spain that banned singles bayo for a while tried banning doubles cloud for a while, but the results can't really be used because it was one tournament with mixed character use and low entrants, which isn't unexpected since it's a weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom