• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should characters with 1 hit k.o moves be banned

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
...are you guys serious?

get out of here, you're all too cute.
No really.
Get out of here

Also, anyone who gets caught in roy's fully charged neutral special DESERVES to be instantly ko'ed.
Literally the exact reason why everything is okay. Moves that can OHKO most fighters while onstage and at 0% are either too slow to hit against any decently skilled opponent, are too unreliable because of luck, and/or are extremely dependent on position.

Really though, every character has moves that can OHKO given the right circumstances. Ever heard of aerials? Hitting one off stage on an enemy at 0% could possibly be their end, so by the logic of banning characters with moves that can OHKO, all fighters will have to be banned.

Last edited:

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
Personally I think that Warlock Punch should take 2 stocks instead of one when it hits. If you get hit by Warlock Punch then you deserve an instant loss.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Personally I think that Warlock Punch should take 2 stocks instead of one when it hits. If you get hit by Warlock Punch then you deserve an instant loss.
Not really true. Not everyone would deserve an instant loss for getting hit by a Warlock Punch. Firstly, there’s something called a shield break mechanic, and secondly, Jigglypuff has a move called rest.

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
Not really true. Not everyone would deserve an instant loss for getting hit by a Warlock Punch. Firstly, there’s something called a shield break mechanic,
Giving Ganondorf an instant win on shield break would at least help balance him a little. He would probably still be bad though.
and secondly, Jigglypuff has a move called rest.
Why does it matter what names are taken by moves?

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
Being a fan of the chaotic side of smash bros, (meaning I am the kinda player who will be like "all stages, all characters, all items, all hazards ON") I do not have an issue with one shot mechanics, as they either take a long time to charge, require very precise timing or positioning, or just flat out luck. I mean really, if you know Little Mac is gonna be able to punch you in the ovaries and murder you, maybe stay away from him and get airborne until you feel confident to fend him off with an item or just find opportunities to strike. You should never be hit by Roy's neutral special really XD. So yeah, they are fine and part of the characters flavor, just keep the abilities in mind when fighting them and play accordingly.

Top Bottom