• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shortening recovery after dash attack?

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
Sorry, super noob here. But the recovery time after Pikachu's dash attack is really long. It's not possible to L-cancel it, so how could I shorten the recovery?

Last edited:

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
You can't, sadly. I've been told its really only good for edgeguarding situations.
Dash attack is 50 frames and the hitbox is only active during frames 5-16. The game runs at 60 frames per second so dash attack almost lasts a full second. I'd suggest to not use it too often.

Jiggle4Life

Smash Ace
Sorry, super noob here. But the recovery time after Pikachu's dash attack is really long. It's not possible to L-cancel it, so how could I shorten the recovery?
yeah like kaysick said it is only good for edgeguarding and usually only if its your LAST POSSIBLE OPTION most of the time its better if your trying to edguard while running to just dash cancel d-tilt or something

you can also use it of a tech chase at high % if you cant reach anything else

Last edited:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
New dash attack when?

But seriously, it's so odd for Pikachu to have a move that has both little damage and great endlag, usually its one or the other.

Top Bottom