• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short notice [details inside] MADfest: 01-21-12 Melee All Day Video Game Event!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks hun. : ] Yayyy yeah I can't wait either.

Actually waiting on the quote. : ]

Eggm

Smash Hero
You know i'll be there. Even if there was already a tourney in tristate on Saturday. I love dual tourney weekends, and philly tournaments. Philly's nice and close and the parkings not that bad. Always love goin there.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Awesome bro, it'll be great to have you there too. : D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Haha I got mine but without the lamination, my dad wanted it haha.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Haha I got mine but without the lamination, my dad wanted it haha.
lmao well I have some extra because theres a bunch of ppl who never took their badge so I could always give you another. Need a lanyard too?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
when is this gonna be

Well I am still trying to secure the venue, I am getting a hair cut today and I will also check out churches near me (for convenience).

I want to make the time for around October, or November. It would be mostly likely a Sunday if I would use the Freedom Theatre, if not I'd update the thread and such.

I just posted this in advance to at least let people know in advance. Got to be prepared.

I am just waiting for her quote. I emailed her three days ago, and I sent a follow-up email to her and her site, today. I will scout for other venues just in case.

lmao well I have some extra because theres a bunch of ppl who never took their badge so I could always give you another. Need a lanyard too?

Yes yes yes! That would be awesome. Sadly when I arrived to Apex (I couldn't get there early due to an appointment) I didn't find a lanyard.

That would be awesome plz kthx :]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, ask her to make one. : D GO NOW. lol. Btw I want a doctor mario sticker! Make him pink or light blue. : ]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll ask my friends that I'mma smash with today and see if they wanna come. : ]

Btw I might have a church venue... but I haven't really bumped the thread yet (I wanted to wait until I get a confirmed date)

Venue fee would HAVE to be $10. Unless I get a smaller room... lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
is there gonna be a tourny any time soon?
No, even if I got the venue, I'd give at least a few weeks or a month notice. : }

But once I get confirmed I'll post a DATE in the topic : D

is parking free at temple area on saturdays? i assume it is on sunday
I'm not sure about Temple. But there is a lot RIGHT NEXT to the Church that you can park in. Even better. ;p

Well, with the Freedom Theatre it would be Sunday... but if I get the church, it would be on a saturday.

Edit: ANd I might deff get the Church.

So count on it being on Saturday.

I definitely wouldn't want to go if it's on Saturdays... then I'd have to get dominated by parking.
Chill dude. If I get the church as a venue, I'll ask if people can park around it. Simple as that. I will let you know.

psst: Theres a lot next to the church you can park in. Solution to problem.

Its also in the original post but meh, it's important to ya so I even sent you a vm.

Philly is an hour drive for me, so I might be interested.
Awesome bro, it would be cool to have you over. : D

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
BTW, just wanna let you all know, Stango has gotten reallllllly good man, he legit beats me now. And watchout for my newer Falco <3

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Death Knight, you don't have to worry about parking, the church has a lot next to it for parking. : D

Now I have to make some sort of contract.

So I might be able to get this venue. YAY

Question to everyone: Do you all think the strikeout is helpful to you in knowing that there has been a change? I will leave it there unless it doesn't really help. I just keep it there so people SEE that it's not Sunday anymore, but on Saturday. I'll eventually remove it anyways.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Death Knight, you don't have to worry about parking, the church has a lot next to it for parking. : D

Now I have to make some sort of contract.

So I might be able to get this venue. YAY

Question to everyone: Do you all think the strikeout is helpful to you in knowing that there has been a change? I will leave it there unless it doesn't really help. I just keep it there so people SEE that it's not Sunday anymore, but on Saturday. I'll eventually remove it anyways.
I think the best way of updating stuff is to just put the date you update it. Ex:
"Parking (Updated 9/24/10)"

Pretty simple. If you notice an update with a recent date you will know it has changed. You could do this along with striking the previous info, but then it just seems more confusing than simply getting rid of obsolete info as soon as it changes.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think the best way of updating stuff is to just put the date you update it. Ex:
"Parking (Updated 9/24/10)"

Pretty simple. If you notice an update with a recent date you will know it has changed. You could do this along with striking the previous info, but then it just seems more confusing than simply getting rid of obsolete info as soon as it changes.
Ah, thank you! I tried that. I updated the whole post, so I just put that I updated it in two spots haha. I put some of the striked info in spoiler-boxes so people wouldn't get confused, but I might just get rid of those altogether eventually.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
good for him
Don't worry about it. It is an inside joke was hoping Cactuar would see it good times. U guys need to confirm a venue soon I could use a tourney less then an hour away and on the one day I actually have off Sunday sigh 60 hr wks...

Edit nvrmind looks like these will be on Saturdays too sigh...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Don't worry about it. It is an inside joke was hoping Cactuar would see it good times. U guys need to confirm a venue soon I could use a tourney less then an hour away and on the one day I actually have off Sunday sigh 60 hr wks...

Edit nvrmind looks like these will be on Saturdays too sigh...
I might actually get this confirmed, dude. : D And I have been working on it! Like I said I have typed up the terms so both parties can agree, this seems like it'll work!

Oh sorry about that man. Yeah, Sunday is all booked since it is a church. ;p

Hopefully in the future you can have Saturday off for once( lol) and come to M.A.D. ;p

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I might actually get this confirmed, dude. : D And I have been working on it! Like I said I have typed up the terms so both parties can agree, this seems like it'll work!

Oh sorry about that man. Yeah, Sunday is all booked since it is a church. ;p

Hopefully in the future you can have Saturday off for once( lol) and come to M.A.D. ;p
Ya if I know ahead of time I have a teammate ie Cactuar or Ulitmascout or few of my other Smash friends I'd prob take off and come especially if other ppl I haven't seen in awhile where coming.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ya if I know ahead of time I have a teammate ie Cactuar or Ulitmascout or few of my other Smash friends I'd prob take off and come especially if other ppl I haven't seen in awhile where coming.
Awesome man. I'll deff try to keep you updated just in case. :p

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
I was in philly yesterday. I think I saw the Qdoba. Not that this has any relevance to smash...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was in philly yesterday. I think I saw the Qdoba. Not that this has any relevance to smash...
Was it near a Big Movie Theatre? : D Was there a Rite Aid? A bank of america?

Nah, it sort of has relevance to smash. I mean, I'm not considering the Freedom Theatre anymore, but It's still as close. Only closer to me within the block I live in. : ]

It could help you know where the venue would be for the future. : D

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
Was it near a Big Movie Theatre? : D Was there a Rite Aid? A bank of america?

Nah, it sort of has relevance to smash. I mean, I'm not considering the Freedom Theatre anymore, but It's still as close. Only closer to me within the block I live in. : ]

It could help you know where the venue would be for the future. : D
I want to make myself believe I did see a Rite Aid, but didn't notice a theater. I was in a car, and I just remembered when I pointed out the Qdoba, then sidetracked my mind since my friends and I had a discussion between that and Chipotle :) I feel like we were pretty close to a ramp onto I95 south. Went out there for College Day, which I assume you knew about.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I want to make myself believe I did see a Rite Aid, but didn't notice a theater. I was in a car, and I just remembered when I pointed out the Qdoba, then sidetracked my mind since my friends and I had a discussion between that and Chipotle :) I feel like we were pretty close to a ramp onto I95 south. Went out there for College Day, which I assume you knew about.
Yeah I can understand. : D

Well, this is in north philly. Like not far north, just a lil north. (Near Cecil B Moore)

Streets you might have seen: Diamond, Lehigh, Cecil B. Moore, Oxford, Jefferson, Master, Thompson, Girard, etc. :]

Maybe. Lol. But didn't see a theatre eh? Weird. The theatre is way on the left, and Qdoba is way on the right.

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I can understand. : D

Well, this is in north philly. Like not far north, just a lil north. (Near Cecil B Moore)

Streets you might have seen: Diamond, Lehigh, Cecil B. Moore, Oxford, Jefferson, Master, Thompson, Girard, etc. :]

Maybe. Lol. But didn't see a theatre eh? Weird. The theatre is way on the left, and Qdoba is way on the right.
I was squished in the middle back seat looking out the right hand side window. Yeah, we were in norht philly dropping off someone at Upenn. So it sounds like that may be the place.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmm, interesting. Yeah I've been to Upenn for Spoc. : D

Also, you and everyone else should probably re-read the first post if you haven't lately.

I just updated it with current info. I mean no pressure it's not like we have a confirmed date yet (which is why I haven't changed the title at all) but its info you may need to know. :p

Top Bottom