• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short hop up air?

panphobia

Smash Rookie
How do you go about doing a shot hop up air properly without it ending up just inputting an up smash? I can short hop fair, nair, and dair, but if I use the same timing of press jump and direction+A, I just up smash. Is there anyway to consistently short hop up air with cloud without using claw and using the C-stick?

origamiscienceguy

Smash Apprentice
Either set your c-stick to attack (instead of smash attack) and use the c-stick to do the up aerial.
Or get good at the timing. You have to wait for your jumpsquat animation to end (4 frames) before you input your attack. You have, like 7 frames of leniency.

There are other ways, but that is what I would recommend.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If you only lightly tilt up on the control stick, you can still buffer uair without getting usmash instead.

Tilt C-Stick would be the easiest option.

Top Bottom