• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short-hop Aerials on Fountain (FoD)

magicsixball

Smash Rookie
This was part of my new falcon guide I posted recently but I think it deserves a separate post. Full album here: http://imgur.com/a/2kZH6

So there are really four height categories for FoD's side platforms, with marginal & insignificant variations of each. Each category affects your short-hop aerials differently. Once you're aware of them, it's easy to recognize the heights and adjust your options accordingly.

1. This is the low extreme. When the platform cuts you in half, all your aerials will come out but you will always land on the platform. Upsmash also puts you on platform. I recommend staying grounded or raptor boosting, or use the platform to combo if ur nuuuuts.

2. When your head pokes thru, knee won't come out. Two hits of nair. All aerials put you on platform (except INSTANT bair, tho it's not reliable). Empty hop puts you on platform.

3. When your head is cut off, stomp won't come out. Nair gives you single hit before landing on platform. Upair and nair put you on platform.

4. This is the high extreme. (The platform can get a little higher, but you'll still be able to cover it with knee.) When you're entirely below, all your aerials come out and none put you on platform.

Last edited:
Top Bottom