• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shoot First, Ask Questions Later: The Samus Tactical Discussion & Q&A Thread

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
You should practice figuring out when to transform into Zamus from Samus into a match. If you do it too late after killing someone, you can quickly lose control of your armor pieces.

On the other hand, if you've conditioned your opponent with a campy Samus, then transition to Zamus on their last stock, keeping control of your armor pieces can gain you a swift victory.

Practice stun combos, switching your momentum in the air with her special attacks, recovering, and MAKE USE OF UAIRS. Uair is Zamus' most useful move.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Basic techniques with Samus are easy. I would practice things such as ledge/bomb tricks. Practice Zair-ing through the stage (ledge drop, jump, Zair) and over the stage (ledge drop, jump and airdodge, press A). Practice your ledge options (e.g. dropping a tether with down and recovering with UpB, walljumping, ledge jumping into aerials, dropping off the stage with Nairs, getting spikes, and so on). Practice bomb tricks such as running towards a ledge and using the bomb so that you don't get popped up and fall straight down instead, and practice setting your bomb up on a platform so that you just roll along the platform. Small things like that. Ledge play is really important because it's one of the few categories in which Samus excels.

Another thing to practice that is easier is missile spam. Learn how to use your platforms so send out a flurry of homing missiles with some strong missiles here and there.

zFlashyStyle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
T-Type
That sounds really cool,thank you.Btw i believe i played your Samus before Smash GOD. On AiB ladder.I was a red Marth it went to game 3 then you ***** my TL xD

-Kurei

D

Deleted member 189823

What are good players you can recommend me to watch? I'm also interested in seeing a good Japanese Samus player.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Late af, but how did YB do charge shot to dtilt against that DK?

Top Bottom