• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHONEN JUMP VS CAPCOM

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
This is a fighting game that I've always wanted to see, so here's how I think it should go.

-Story

Main Story: Pandora

Pandora (the very same one from Street Fighter X Tekken) has landed on a version of Earth, opening up portals to other universes. It has attracted all kinds of people across the multiverse. After a giant battle between several "great warriors," 32 of the fighters that remain (16 from each side) organize a tournament to determine the true owner.

DLC Story: Vengeance

During the tournament, Pandora is taken away by a group known as Vengeance, who claim to be "Earth's Greatest Heroes," but they're actually tyrants who want to conquer Earth (and a Marvel parody). To make sure their goal becomes reality, they strip you (your character) of their strength. It's up to you to reclaim your strength and defeat them.

-Roster

Shonen Jump

1. Asta (Black Clover) ($)
2. Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
3. Renji Abarai (Bleach) (?)
4. Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach) (?)
5. Sosuke Aizen (Bleach)
6. Bobobo (Bobobo)
7. Don Patch (Bobobo) ($)
8. Boruto (Boruto) ($)
9. Ryo (City Hunter)
10. Cell (Dragon Ball) (?)
11. Frieza (Dragon Ball)
12. Future Trunks (Dragon Ball) (?)
13. Goku (Dragon Ball)
14. Krillin (Dragon Ball)
15. Piccolo (Dragon Ball)
16. Vegeta (Dragon Ball)
17. Dai (Dragon Quest) ($)
18. Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star) (?)
19. Gon Freecss (Hunter x Hunter)
20. Hisoka Morow (Hunter x Hunter)
21. Killua Zodyck (Hunter x Hunter)
22. Kurapika (Hunter x Hunter)
23. Jotaro Kujo (JoJo's Bizzare Adventure)
24. Deku (My Hero Academia) (?)
25. Gaara (Naruto) (?)
26. Kaguya Otsutsuki (Naruto) (?)
27. Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)
28. Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
29. Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto)
30. Blackbeard (One Piece) (?)
31. Boa Hancock (One Piece) (?)
32. Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
33. Portgas D. Ace (One Piece) ($)
34. Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)
35. Sabo (One Piece) ($)
36. Sanji (One Piece) ($)
37. Genos (One Punch Man) (?)
38. Saitama (One Punch Man)
39. Himura Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin) ($)
40. Ruby Rose (RWBY) ($)
41. Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya) ($)

Capcom

1. Abyss (Marvel VS Capcom) ($)
2. Akuma (Street Fighter) ($)
3. Amingo (Marvel VS Capcom) (?)
4. Anakaris (Darkstalkers) (?)
5. Blanka (Street Fighter)
6. Bulleta (Darkstalkers) (?)
7. Cammy (Street Fighter) (?)
8. Captain Commando (Captain Commando) ($)
9. Charlie (Street Fighter) ($)
10. Chris (Resident Evil)
11. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
12. Cody (Final Fight)
13. Dan (Street Fighter) (?)
14. Dhalsim (Street Fighter)
15. E. Honda (Street Fighter)
16. Felicia (Darkstalkers) (?)
17. Guile (Street Fighter)
18. Haggar (Final Fight)
19. Hayato (Star Gladiator) (?)
20. Ingrid (Street Fighter) ($)
21. Jill (Resident Evil)
22. Jin (Cyberbots) (?)
23. Ken (Street Fighter)
24. M. Bison (Street Fighter) ($)
25. Megaman (Megaman)
26. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
27. Nemesis (Resident Evil) ($)
28. Norimaro (Marvel VS Capcom) ($)
29. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney) ($)
30. Roll (Megaman) (?)
31. Ruby Heart (Marvel VS Capcom)
32. Ryu (Street Fighter)
33. Sakura (Street Fighter)
34. Servbot (Megaman) ($)
35. Sigma (Megaman) (?)
36. Sonson (Marvel VS Capcom) (?)
37. Strider Hiryu (Strider)
38. Tron (Megaman)
39. Zangief (Street Fighter)
40. Zero (Megaman)

Of course, there'd also be a "random"

?=Unlockable
$=DLC

-Stages

While I don't know which stages to include, there should be at least one per series, including DLC.

-Gameplay

The game would play like J-Stars and Jump Force, but have MVC elements like meter based supers/hypers and air combos. You can do 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3.

-Style

Think Ultimate/Vanilla Marvel VS Capcom 3. This would be the style for everything, from the menu to the character select to the HUD in a fight to the music. The only exceptions are the characters and stages, which takes on a J-Stars look.

-Modes

1. Story

A 1v1 arcade mode where you fight opponent after opponent and get a character oriented ending. The final boss is SSJ Goku or Evil Ryu, depending on your character. This is also how you unlock characters.

The DLC story works the same, but every opponent (including the final boss) is unique. This story also has more cutscenes than the main story.

2. Multiplayer

This is where you would find two player split screen, online, and ranked online.

3. Single Player

Here, you can take part in a training mode and tutorials on parts of the game, and make a quick match.

4. Extras

This would include options, character bios and customization, an art gallery, a cutscene viewer, and a music list.

-Main Theme/Intro Theme

I'm making this a separate point because the song I had in mind might be nostalgic for some people:

Custom Character

Finally, the reason for the uneven roster. The final character on the Capcom side is your own character. The character creator works the same as it does in Street Fighter 6. To be competitive, this character can only equip moves from Street Fighter's original 8. This character is not playable in either story.

I know I don't have everything figured out, and some of my ideas might not work, which is why I want your ideas! Help me create this fictional game.

Last edited:

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
It's kinda difficult to come up with ideas without context, could you provide something we could answer? For example, what would the story be, how would the characters play, etc

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
It's kinda difficult to come up with ideas without context, could you provide something we could answer? For example, what would the story be, how would the characters play, etc
For gameplay, I described it as "J-Stars and Jump Force," so it would be an arena fighter developed by Spike Chunsoft (both titles had the same developer). I also mentioned how certain Capcom fighter elements would be in the game, like hyper combos (or super moves if you've played Street Fighter) and air combos (a mechanic from MVC).

Basically, the actual fighting is like a Marvel VS Capcom game, but the movement would be like an arena fighter, complete with 3D stages. If you think it should be handled differently, please post! I'd love to get this ball rolling.

As for story, I didn't think about that. Thanks for bringing it up! If you'd like, you can work on your own story and post it here. I'll do the same.

Edit: added a story mode.

Last edited:

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Interesting, an MvC game but in 3d would honestly be crazy. I have no idea how'd that even look like tbh.

Top Bottom