• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shonen JUMP Vs. Capcom

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Over the last month, I've been brainstorming some ideas for a spiritual successor to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. I made an intial concept for a "Tezuka vs. Capcom" thanks to that art exhibit collaboration that Capcom announced with Tezuka Productions, but ended up falling flat due to failing to visualize how characters from the Tezuka side would be realistically potrayed in a fighting game, and also the fact that a lot of the company's characters (aside from Astro Boy) happen to be VERY obscure to a lot of people.

Next, I settled on "Studio TRIGGER vs. Capcom" .... that one ended up being scrapped as well. Mainly because of the limited number of series that Trigger had under their belt. So ultimately, I choose to do a conceptualization for a "Shonen JUMP vs. Capcom" to settle this. This kind of dream crossover is something that many people want to see become a reality as I've seen online, so I thought I'd try my hand in this.

Son Goku (Dragon Ball)

Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)

Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia)

Yusuke Uremeshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)

Arale Norimaki (Dr. Slump)

Asta (Black Clover)

Vegeta (Dragon Ball)

Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)

Pegasus Saiya (Saint Seiya)

Jotaro Kujo (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)

Gon Freecss (Hunter X Hunter)

Kinnikuman (Kinnikuman)

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo)

Kusuo Saiki (The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.)

Senku Ishigami (Dr. STONE)
Ryu (Street Fighter)

Chun-Li (Street Fighter)

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)

Mega Man (Mega Man)

Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)

Batsu Ichimonji (Rival Schools)

Amateratsu (Ōkami)

Tron Bonne (Mega Man)

Victor (Darkstalkers)

Dante (Devil May Cry)

Tessa (Red Earth)

Kaijin no Soki (Onimusha)

Laura (Street Fighter)

Bass (Mega Man)

Asura (Asura's Wrath)

Edward Falcon (Power Stone)

Donovan Baine (Darkstalkers)
Found in Arcade Mode, completing a set of specific requirements will determine
the final match at the end of your run against a variety of boss characters.

Caramel Machine 00X (Dr. Slump / Mega Man)

"A powerful battle machine that’s been created from the newly-formed unity between Dr. Masharito and Dr. Wily,
with a weapon arsenal and abilities taken from the doctors’ previous works in their nefarious history."

Sōsuke Aizen and Jedah Dohma (Bleach / Darkstalkers)

"The Betrayer of the Soul Society and the Dark Messiah have joined forces to form an ambitious plan to
gather a vast number of souls for their own benefits."

Shadow Akainu (One Piece / Street Fighter)

"This sudden new form of the Navy’s fleet admiral came from the result of a brutal clash

between him and the infamous dictator M. Bison in a war between Shadaloo & the Marines."

"Akainu managed to slain Bison with a magma fist to the chest, however the villain had luckily transferred his own soul into
the admiral’s body at the last minute, thus letting himself get taken over and be influenced by his destructive Psycho Power."

Yami-Madara (Naruto / Ōkami)

"The leader of the Uchiha Clan had an encounter with the Emperor of Everlasting Darkness itself, Yami. Sensing the colossal power

between one another, both of them have concluded to unite with each other to accomplish their goals and take reign of their homeworlds."

"This resulted in Yami transfering itself into Madara and manifest a brand-new transformation
that combines two of their signature abilities and natural power."

Tomura Shigaraki and Kurow Kirishima (My Hero Academia / Rival Schools)

"With the help of the latter villain’s brainwashing technology, this duo of masterminds and their henchmen have taken
control of a big chunk of U.A. High School’s students to wreak havoc."

Meruem and the Chimera Wyvern (Hunter X Hunter / Monster Hunter)

"The ruthless king of the Chimera Ants has made a reappearance, and he’s brought along a new pet to help him in his plans.
The Chimera Wyvern is described as the ultimate predator, a special Chimera Ant made up
of various genes and DNA originating from a number of ferocious wyverns. Rathalos, Gore Magala, Zinogre, you name it."

Primal Tsukasa (Dr. STONE / Power Stone)

"Tsukasa Shishio has been tampering with a newly-discovered power source that was encountered by a few of his
formidable soldiers out in the wilderness of the Stone World. With these multi-colored gems at his disposal,
he is able to transform into an immensely powerful form with additional new abilities to boot,
and they will be a viable asset in strengthening the Tsukasa Empire and creating a brand-new world of his image..."

Frieza and Bilstein / Golden Frieza and Ghost Bilstein (Dragon Ball / Star Gladiator)

"Out in the reaches of space, a unified partnership between the Frieza Force and the Fourth Empire has been made
and their respective leaders are fully prepared to begin their conquest of otherworldly proportions."

"If this pair of boss characters are encountered on a higher difficulty,
there will be a secret 2nd phase to this that will put your fighting skills to the test..."
A brand-new special Hyper Combo where your team will unite together to unleash a powerful attack against the opposing team.
This is inspired by the Hyper Combo Combination mechanic from Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter.

Goku + Ryu = Kamehamehadoken

Yusuke + Dante = Twin Demon Rush

Arale + Mega Man = N'cha Adapter, Ready!

Midoriya + Batsu = Detroit Guts Upper

Got any impressions? Have some ideas to add onto this? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I have sugesstions for other Dragonball Characters

As representant from the Beginngs of Dragonball first 10 volumes

Goku as a Kid and the Goku on your list could be a Super saiyan

King Piccolo alt most logical 2nd "villan"

and because its the only other anime i Completed (from Jump)

yeah i know i should get going and just buy more Manga

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Sounds like a fun idea. Here are my picks:

SJ:
1. Goku (Dragon Ball)
2. Vegeta (Dragon Ball)
3. Gohan (Dragon Ball)
4. Naruto (Naruto)
5. Sasuke (Naruto)
6. Luffy (One Piece)
7. Zoro (One Piece)
8. Ichigo (Bleach)
9. Gon (Hunter X Hunter)
11. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
12. Jotaro (JJBA)
13. Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)
14. Deku (MHA)
15. Tanjiro (Demon Slayer)
16. Senku (Dr. Stone)

Capcom:
1. Ryu (Street Fighter)
2. Nash (Street Fighter)
3. Juri (Street Fighter)
4. Mega Man (Mega Man)
5. Dr. Wily (Mega Man)
6. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
7. Lord Raptor (Darkstalkers)
8. Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
9. Asura (Asura’s Wrath)
10. Chris (Resident Evil)
11. Wesker (Resident Evil)
12. Dante (Devil May Cry)
13. Vergil (Devil May Cry)
14. Devilot (Cyberbots)
15. Nina (Breath of Fire)
16. Frank (Dead Rising)

(I really wanted to pick some out of the ordinary characters for each series, that’s why the roster may look a bit... weird)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
As cool as Shonen Jump Vs Capcom would be, I prefer to see Shonen Jump Vs Marvel or Shonen Jump Vs DC or even Shonen Jump Vs DC Vs Marvel if that was possible. It would be cool to see all the most iconic comic book characters from the west and the east duke it out with each other.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I have a Question how many of you know the Original Dragonball/the first 17 Volumes of the Dragonball Manga
Ive never had the chance to talk to someone who only watched Dragonball Z(Maybe its because im German?)

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I've always wanted a Shonen Jump vs. Capcom game. I've been a fan of a lot of their series, such as Dragon Ball Z, Fist of the North Star, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, and One Piece. To see Street Fighter and Dragon Ball Z characters duke it out in a fighting game has always been a dream to me. A game like that would be great and one I think would be much more hyped than Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was.

As for the Tezuka vs. Capcom idea, I think that can work just as good too. Sure, most of the Tezuka characters are not that well-known but I do find them to be more interesting than Tatsunoko characters were. Plus, the idea of seeing Astro Boy vs. Mega Man would be pretty exciting, while fans introduction to other characters such as Black Jack (to some extent) and Sharaku would be interesting. I can picture fans immediately going think Tien and Krillin as soon as they see Sharaku, or seeing how unique a samurai character like Hyakkimaru is.

If you want a visual idea of how Tezuka characters can work, you can look at the Astro Boy game on Gameboy Advance for some of the characters and the action game Blood Will Tell, which is based on Dororo, where Hyakkimaru is from.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I've always wanted a Shonen Jump vs. Capcom game. I've been a fan of a lot of their series, such as Dragon Ball Z, Fist of the North Star, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, and One Piece. To see Street Fighter and Dragon Ball Z characters duke it out in a fighting game has always been a dream to me. A game like that would be great and one I think would be much more hyped than Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was.

As for the Tezuka vs. Capcom idea, I think that can work just as good too. Sure, most of the Tezuka characters are not that well-known but I do find them to be more interesting than Tatsunoko characters were. Plus, the idea of seeing Astro Boy vs. Mega Man would be pretty exciting, while fans introduction to other characters such as Black Jack (to some extent) and Sharaku would be interesting. I can picture fans immediately going think Tien and Krillin as soon as they see Sharaku, or seeing how unique a samurai character like Hyakkimaru is.

If you want a visual idea of how Tezuka characters can work, you can look at the Astro Boy game on Gameboy Advance for some of the characters and the action game Blood Will Tell, which is based on Dororo, where Hyakkimaru is from.
Technicly Dragon Ball Z is not a Shounen Series its a Toei Series Dragon Ball never got a Z added as a Manga (what Shounen Jump is)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I would love this so very much!

My teams would be
JUMP: Kenshin, Dai, Goku (preferably kid).
Capcom: Megaman, Spencer, Ryu.

I feel Capcom got hung on Marvel.. they dipped their toes in Tekken, and then back to safety zone Marvel.

D

Deleted member

Hey is it possible for characters from Jujutsu Kaisen as playable characters?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I dont have a better place to speak about this
but the Jumpforce Dragon ball Roster is Weird i mean CELL???????
Why not Kuririn, Gohan, or Kid Goku(hes like a third of the Manga)

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Any movesets for Gojo and Itadori?
Don't know about that.

I dont have a better place to speak about this
but the Jumpforce Dragon ball Roster is Weird i mean CELL???????
Why not Kuririn, Gohan, or Kid Goku(hes like a third of the Manga)
I see how Cell is a weird choice.

EDIT: I mean to say I DON'T see how Cell is a weird choice.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ve made a roster a while back, but I’ve decided to update it. I’ve also got a lot of ideas for the potential game.

1. Goku
  2. Vegeta
  3. Cell
  4. Naruto
  5. Sasuke
  6. Gaara
  7. Luffy
  8. Zoro
  9. Buggy
  10. Ichigo
  11. Hiei
  12. Jotaro
  13. Joseph Joestar
  14. Deku
  15. All-Might
  16. Tanjiro
  17. Senku
  18. Ryu
  19. Chun-Li
  20. Nash
  21. Leon S. Kennedy
  22. Mega Man
  23. Mega Man X
  24. Asura
  25. Phoenix Wright
  26. Haggar
  27. Dante
  28. Vergil
  29. Nero
  30. Morrigan
  31. Demitri
  32. Monster Hunter
  33. Strider-Hiryu
  34. Unknown Soldier

And yes I am very aware of how weird this roster is. Especially because people were just talking about how strange it is tohave Cell in the game. That said, I do think this is good for representing each series and bringing something new to the Vs. series. I have a google doc I’m making with ideas for the movesets, gameplay, stages, DLC and story so maybe I’ll share that once it’s finished

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight, so:
-48 characters at launch
-To sorta compensate for Jump Force's limited and lackluster representation of Jump's library, I tried to cram as many individual series as possible in the Jump side
-I tried to look at the Capcom side mostly from a "from the ground up" perspective but there are still a couple "'cause MvC" picks that slipped in

Jump:
1. Goku (Dragon Ball)
2. Vegeta (Dragon Ball)
3. Naruto
4. Sasuke (Naruto)
5. Luffy (One Piece)
6. Zoro (One Piece)
7. Ichigo (Bleach)
8. Kinnikuman
9. Yusuke (Yu Yu Hakusho)
10. Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)
11. Gon (Hunter X Hunter)
12. Tsuna (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)
13. Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya)
14. Kankichi Ryotsu (Kochikame)
15. Allen Walker (D. Gray-Man)
16. Medaka (Medaka Box)
17. Gintoki (Gintama)
18. Arale (Dr. Slump)
19. Momotaro (Sakigake! Otokojuku)
20. Deku (My Hero Academia)
21. Bobobo (Bobobo-Bobo-Bobo)
22. Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
23. Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
24. Jotaro (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Capcom:
25. Ryu (Street Fighter)
26. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
27. M. Bison (Street Fighter)
28. Mega Man
29. Zero (Mega Man X)
30. Tron Bonne (Mega Man Legends)
31. Jill (Resident Evil)
32. Leon (Resident Evil)
33. Wesker (Resident Evil)
34. Monster Hunter
35. Dante (Devil May Cry)
36. Lady (Devil May Cry)
37. Vergil (Devil May Cry)
38. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
39. B.B. Hood (Darkstalkers)
40. Lord Raptor (Darkstalkers)
41. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
42. Akira Kazama (Rival Schools)
43. The Arisen (Dragon's Dogma)
44. Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins)
45. Haggar (Final Fight)
46. Captain Commando
47. Frank West (Dead Rising)
48. Soki (Onimusha)

And now here's the DLC, which makes for a total roster number that's definitely overshooting how many characters could be feasibly be included in this first installment lmao

Season 1:
49. Rukia (Bleach)
50. DIO (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
51. Asta (Black Clover)
52. Juri (Street Fighter)
53. Roll (Mega Man)
54. Ruby Heart

Season 2
55. All Might (MHA)
56. Koro-sensei (Assassination Classroom)
57. Toriko
58. Batsu (Rival Schools)
59. Regina (Dino Crisis)
60. Falcon (Power Stone)

Season 3
61. Killua (Hunter X Hunter)
62. Raoh (Fist of the North Star)
63. Tanjiro (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
64. Nemesis (Resident Evil)
65. Firebrand (Ghosts and Goblins)
66. Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara)

Final Season
67. Frieza (Dragon Ball)
68. Meisuke Nueno (Hell Teacher Nube)
69. Eve (Black Cat)
70. Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)
71. Amaterasu (Okami)
72. June (Star Gladiator)

jeez and I could still name like 30 more characters from each company that I would have loved to include. If I could include just one more character from each side they would have been Hiei and Strider

Last edited:
Top Bottom