• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

J-Fighters: Ultimate Match (A Shonen Jump Fighting Game Concept)

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow, a lot of submissions seems to be for rivals. makes sense. Anyways, let's begin the voting process! Here are your submissions:

1. Killua ( Jondolio Jondolio )
2. Vegeta ( Speed Weed Speed Weed )
3. Joseph Joestar ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
4. Jolyne Kujo ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
5. Roronoa Zoro ( 92MilesPrower 92MilesPrower )
6. Sasuke Uchiha (@DarkVortex)
7. Bakugo Katsuki ( GamingFan1997 GamingFan1997 )
8. Hiei ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )

Since we have so many submissions this time around, the top 3 votes will be added to the game.

Vote for your top 3!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Vegeta (out of everyone, it feels like he has to be in here)
2. Sasuke (the Uchihas almost ruined Naruto for me, and Sasuke played a large part in that; however, much like Vegeta, it feels like he has to be here)
3. Zoro (I thought about nominating Jinbei from One Piece, but I thought it might be unusual if any Straw Hat but Luffy made it in before Zoro)
4. Jolyne (self-vote, but I stand by what I said earlier; I do want to include more women in this line-up - Joseph is the best JoJo, though)

Last edited:

Natyelmaligno

Smash Rookie
1. Vegeta
2. Sasuke
3. Zoro
4. Jolyne

Vegeta, Sasuke and Zoro simply need to be in

Jolyne, besides being a female rep, has great abilities

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. Vegeta (Complete no-brainer here)
  2. Jolyne (I really think that Joseph deserves a spot, but Jolyne is cool and I don't want to make her wait until a female exclusive job or something like that)
  3. Bakugo (Not a character that I like, but that is necessary)
  4. Hiei (I just think he is neat)

D

Deleted member

1. Vegeta
2. Zoro
3. Sasuke
4. Jolyne

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
This is a very exciting job, every character really deserves to get in imo. For now, let's see who our 3 rivals will be !

1. Killua = 2
2. Vegeta = 7
3. Joseph Joestar = 1
4. Jolyne Kujo = 7
5. Roronoa Zoro = 7

6. Sasuke Uchiha = 5
7. Bakugo Katsuki = 3
8. Hiei = 4

Our next 3 characters will be Vegeta, Jolyne, and Zoro! Thank you for your submissions guys, this roster is getting really cool now.

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Job 13: Submit a Villain Character
Our next job will be dedicated to submitting a villain rep for a series. It can be from a series already in the game, or from a new series. For this specific job, we will choosing the top 3. If there are two from the same series that get the most votes, we'll choose the second most voted from a different series.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Quick question - do characters like Sasuke or Seto Kaiba count? They had extended periods of time where they were villainous, even if they wound up on the hero's side at the end, so I wasn't sure. It doesn't impact my nomination in any way, but I figured I should ask. (also, it looks like Jolyne's in the wrong spot in the first post)

RAOH (Fist of the North Star)

Also known as Ken-Oh (King of Fists), Raoh was one of four skilled martial artists who was in the running to be the sole successor of the versatile martial art Hokuto Shinken. When his brother Toki was weakened by radiation poisoning and dedicated his life to healing others, Raoh was seen as the natural second choice. However, that title went to Kenshiro instead.

When society broke down in the aftermath of the nuclear war, Raoh sought to bring order to the land by any means necessary, becoming an almost ruthless tyrant (he has a soft spot for women, though that won't stop him from retaliating if they try to kill him) in order to bring society back together through force and fear. His ultimate goal, to quote the man, is "to fight God Himself," so nobody can accuse him of lacking ambition.

Raoh is an incredibly skilled and brutal fighter, combining his natural talent and massive size for devastating results. In addition, he's one of the few fighters in the series who can use ki energy like a projectile, creating an aura from his fighting spirit or firing it like a beam with his Hokuto Gosho Ha technique. In addition, he has a pet horse named Koku-Oh, who's ridiculously large fitting Raoh's own massive stature. (here's Kokuoh preparing to crush a man beneath one of his hooves) Bare minimum, Koku-Oh could be summoned for some specials, running across the stage or rearing back and smashing his hooves into the ground.

Last edited:

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Quick question - do characters like Sasuke or Seto Kaiba count? They had extended periods of time where they were villainous, even if they wound up on the hero's side at the end, so I wasn't sure. It doesn't impact my nomination in any way, but I figured I should ask. (also, it looks like Jolyne's in the wrong spot in the first post)

RAOH (Fist of the North Star)

Also known as Ken-Oh (King of Fists), Raoh was one of four skilled martial artists who was in the running to be the sole successor of the versatile martial art Hokuto Shinken. When his brother Toki was weakened by radiation poisoning and dedicated his life to healing others, Raoh was seen as the natural second choice. However, that title went to Kenshiro instead.

When society broke down in the aftermath of the nuclear war, Raoh sought to bring order to the land by any means necessary, becoming an almost ruthless tyrant (he has a soft spot for women, though that won't stop him from retaliating if they try to kill him) in order to bring society back together through force and fear. His ultimate goal, to quote the man, is "to fight God Himself," so nobody can accuse him of lacking ambition.

Raoh is an incredibly skilled and brutal fighter, combining his natural talent and massive size for devastating results. In addition, he's one of the few fighters in the series who can use ki energy like a projectile, creating an aura from his fighting spirit or firing it like a beam with his Hokuto Gosho Ha technique. In addition, he has a pet horse named Koku-Oh, who's ridiculously large fitting Raoh's own massive stature. (here's Kokuoh preparing to crush a man beneath one of his hooves) Bare minimum, Koku-Oh could be summoned for some specials, running across the stage or rearing back and smashing his hooves into the ground.
For this job, I'd not count them since they seem more like anti-heros throughout their series than villains. Seto Kaiba would count, but Sasuke wouldn't.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For this job, I'd not count them since they seem more like anti-heros throughout their series than villains. Seto Kaiba would count, but Sasuke wouldn't.
Okay, that's understandable.

I'm interested to see what will get nominated for this job; I'm not familiar with Saint Seiya, Gintama, or most of the modern (2010s/2020s) series, so I have no idea what villains (if any) could be nominated from those.

Natyelmaligno

Smash Rookie
Job 13: Madara Uchiha (Naruto)

If we're talking about Shonen Jump villains, the Ghost of the Uchiha is a safe bet. During all his life he showed a crazy capacity for ninjutsu, which, combined with his sharingan, made him a legend in the shinobi world

However, his pacifistic dreams would be shattered by reality itself: there could never be an authentic peace, because everyone must make sacrifices for their goals, causing suffering in others in an unending cycle. Because of this, he set for a different way: he would put every human in a never ending dream where they could live their ideal life, Infinite Tsukiyomi. And it would be during the 4th Great Ninja War, after being revived by Edo Tensei, when so many years of planning and manipulation would bare their fruits

I'm not sure if I'd choose his Edo Tensei form or his jinchuriki form (after he absorbed 10 Tails), because in both forms he has a tremendous variety of jutsu (being the 10 Tails jinchuriki he gains new abilities, such as Limbo, an invisible clone that assists him during the fight)
We could choose which version would be better if he gets enough votes

Besides, he has great control of fire element, wood release, sharing an and his rinnegan's abilities (being able even to summon meteors)

With all this, we can be absolutely sure he is a powerhouse

[I actually have an idea for him to become a final boss, but that'd be material for another job]

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman

Hisoka Morrow
A prominent recurring antagonist in Hunter x Hunter (1998-), Hisoka serves as somewhat of a rival to series protagonist Gon and deuteragonist Killua. Noted as having a sinister aura, this self-serving and bloodthirsty jester constantly seeks challenging opponents to fight (and/or brutally murder), developing a morbid attraction toward those he recognizes as strong or having the potential to become strong, of which Gon and Killua fall into the latter group. Although openly murderous, he has been willing to help ensure the survival of "unripe" fighters - even if only so that they may be more exciting to fight and kill later.

Hisoka's impressive physical abilities and combat proficiency make him a fearsome opponent to fight against, especially when coupled with his tactical mind and expertise in Nen. He uses a graceful yet deceitful fighting style in battle, with his primary weapon of choice being playing cards turned razor-sharp by Nen enhancement. Though skilled in a variety of Nen types, Hisoka's natural Nen type is Transmutation, as demonstrated through his Nen ability Bungee Gum, a simple yet incredibly versatile ability that makes the aura emanated from his hands and feet elastic like rubber and sticky like gum. Hisoka's other Nen ability, Texture Surprise, is a Conjuration-type ability that allows him to change the appearance and texture of any smooth or flat surface.

During the Heaven's Arena arc, it's revealed that Hisoka is the #4 member of the notorious band of criminals known as the Phantom Troupe, though the following arc reveals that his membership is a ruse to allow him to get close to and fight the Troupe's leader, Chrollo Lucilfer.
Following his defeat at Chrollo's hands at the beginning of the Kakin Succession Crisis arc, Hisoka has since turned his attention toward hunting down and killing the remaining members of the Phantom Troupe.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
This was a very difficult choice between many different Jump villains. Ultimately, however, I think there are few Jump villains as iconic as this one
1681220752652.png

Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Ok so hear me out. I know we just had a second JoJo character and Dio's stand is functionally the same as Jotaro, but he could easily stand out from the two JoJo characters we have with his vampire abilities, which include shooting lasers from his eyes, freezing, and drinking people by fingering them. This sentence probably sounds extremely weird if you are not familiar with JoJo.

As for his credentials, Dio is easily one of the most recognizable villains to come out of the pages of Jump, arguably the single most recognizable aside from like, Freeza. He's the main antagonist of both part 1 and 3, and his influence continues after his defeat to every other part until 7 reboots the series. Not even death can stop this guy.

And if you still need convincing, there's Dio's presence in memes. Dio is an absolute treasure trove of memes and has been that way since before JoJo hit the mainstream in the west:

Long story short, Dio-sama definitely belongs in a Jump fighting game roster. Vote for Dio

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Kaido (One Piece)

I've always had a hard time trying to figure out who would be a 3rd rep for One Piece, since I'm not caught up with the anime nor the manga. It's even harder thinking about the villain that would get in. I was considering submitting Doflamingo or Katakuri, but I'd decided to switch it up and bring in the most recent villain in One Piece, Kaido!

Kaido is known as the King of the Beasts, and the strongest creature in the world. He is one of the four emperors that rule over the New World. He's pushed Luffy to his absolute limit, defeating him multiple times, even at one point being drunk!

The main appeal for me to him getting in, is that he fufills the archetype of the giant character in fighting games. While he is huge in height, he would end up being the size of Sentinel in MvC. He also has the ability to turn into a dragon, which would give him some interesting interactions with the DBZ characters.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Kaido (One Piece)

I've always had a hard time trying to figure out who would be a 3rd rep for One Piece, since I'm not caught up with the anime nor the manga. It's even harder thinking about the villain that would get in. I was considering submitting Doflamingo or Katakuri, but I'd decided to switch it up and bring in the most recent villain in One Piece, Kaido!

Kaido is known as the King of the Beasts, and the strongest creature in the world. He is one of the four emperors that rule over the New World. He's pushed Luffy to his absolute limit, defeating him multiple times, even at one point being drunk!

The main appeal for me to him getting in, is that he fufills the archetype of the giant character in fighting games. While he is huge in height, he would end up being the size of Sentinel in MvC. He also has the ability to turn into a dragon, which would give him some interesting interactions with the DBZ characters.
Speaking of 3rd reps, is there a limit to how many fighters can represent a series? I'm asking because quite a few Shonen Jump series have a lot of potential fighters to choose from (the Big Three in particular), and I'd prefer it if those series don't completely dominate the remainder of the base roster (DLC is fair game, though).

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 13:Frieza (Dragon Ball)

Frieza_Artwork.png

Frieza is the villain from Dragon Ball series,he is the geart emperor and son of King Cold,Frieza destroyed the saiyans' homeplanet killing a lot of them,Frieza have a long summary that i can't do this because it's could be a hard work.

I wanted to put Makima,but Frieza is more iconic and Makima is a p***

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of 3rd reps, is there a limit to how many fighters can represent a series? I'm asking because quite a few Shonen Jump series have a lot of potential fighters to choose from (the Big Three in particular), and I'd prefer it if those series don't completely dominate the remainder of the base roster (DLC is fair game, though).
I don't have a limit for this thread. Personally, my absolute limit for the bigger series is 4, so maybe that could be a good number.

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Alright, lets begin the voting for the villains! Vote for your top 3

1. Raoh
2. Madara Uchiha
3. Hisoka
4. Dio
5. Kaido
6. Frieza
7. Blackbeard

Top Bottom