• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiny's Mario Mafia - Game Over! Town + FireEmbleminer Victory!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Soup is quitting AND revealed his role for everyone to see we might as well just hostkill him.

Replacing is for people who can still play and Soup essentially gutted any potential replacement.

Shame.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Hmmm... well, I think it's interesting how many people seem to have failed actions. If it's you, DJ, and Spak, already that's three people and half the town hasn't posted anything yet. It's also strange how DJ's message was so specific, yet it doesn't seem like he was jailed, specifically roleblocked; which brings up the question of who the jailer could have jailed, because we all thought that DJ would 99% be the nightkill. And even if the jailer targeted one of those three, there's still two other blockers running around. But having two classic roleblockers (and not just a roleblocker and a jailer) seems out of place in a game full of PRs; it'd be strange for two people to have exactly the same ability.

It's also peculiar how Spak seemed intent on the fact that he was roleblocked and not anything else; it may be possible that he too got more than an "ability failed" message.

Also, the mafia had to have a reason to go for Ura, seeing as he was one of the many inactives D1. I think he contributed one post, maybe? It's strange, because I initiated a conversation with him, but he didn't respond. Yet I think he was active/saw it? I'm not sure though.

Soup claiming PGO is cool as now we aren't shocked but it would have seriously hurt if townies targeted him last night.

Uni's Dice Block ability seems neat. If I had to take a guess on his character, maybe Shy Guy? or Toadette. I'm curious to see what all he can cause though with each number.

It's also neat how Fire actually wants to cooperate with the town, but him having to redirect someone each night (or dying otherwise) may pose a serious problem as that's meddling with town abilities. It didn't do damage this night, but I'm scared that it may really screw something up (e.g; a doctor picking the nightkill but being redirected to someone else).

If I had to pose a theory? I think all the roleblocked people are possible to be town, as aside from DJ they haven't slipped on anything and it wouldn't make much sense for them to be mafia + roleblocked considering how it's multiple people who had failed actions.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Already jumping right for the hostkill, huh?
I'm really not a fan of his attitude.

Seriously asking for a replacement after he outlined a frankly, really good role to everyone is obnoxious.

Any replacement he could have now is essentially useless.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Already jumping right for the hostkill, huh?
we don't have an replacement and look at soups attitude and uncaringness, hes still showing the assholyness he showed before the game begun, any replacement will have a hard time with the slate left

if soups not playing, a host kill is just better than for someone to struggle with that

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm really not a fan of his attitude.

Seriously asking for a replacement after he outlined a frankly, really good role to everyone is obnoxious.

Any replacement he could have now is essentially useless.
But wouldn't mafia be afraid of killing that kind of role? That would give the replacement a good position, I think.

The only people I can see benefiting from him getting a hostkill in this situation is probably mafia.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Ura's posts were literally "sorry i'm inactive" and "what's going on". Why target him when we had an outed tracker and numerous other outed roles/characters? Boggles my mind.

Maybe Ura wasn't killed? Maybe he targeted soup/Bowser and the gun went off and the mafia aimed for whoever the jailer/doctor did. IDK :^(

That theory wouldn't explain why Ura's corpse is gone, maybe that's a side effect of Bowser? but soup probably would have said so if that were the case...

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
image isn't showing for me in my last post but this is Ura's post history since the game started

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Ura's posts were literally "sorry i'm inactive" and "what's going on". Why target him when we had an outed tracker and numerous other outed roles/characters? Boggles my mind.

Maybe Ura wasn't killed? Maybe he targeted soup/Bowser and the gun went off and the mafia aimed for whoever the jailer/doctor did. IDK :^(

That theory wouldn't explain why Ura's corpse is gone, maybe that's a side effect of Bowser? but soup probably would have said so if that were the case...
.....shima is coming up with something interesting....

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
no screenshots? my bad lol

send me to the graveyard!~

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
um...its just uras post history in this thread? :V its something anyone can look up, and its not in a pm
Rules state no screenshots allowed in all caps.

A hostkill seems like a very strange thing to ask for in this situation when typically your community really likes claims.

More to the point, don't ask for a hostkill on a role that's a pain for mafia to work around.
Again, the only ones benefiting out of this would be mafia.

But the talk I had with him really makes me doubtful about him being mafia...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A hostkill seems like a very strange thing to ask for in this situation when typically your community really likes claims.

More to the point, don't ask for a hostkill on a role that's a pain for mafia to work around.
I'm just miffed that we have someone quit on Day 2.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

Again, the only ones benefiting out of this would be mafia.

But the talk I had with him really makes me doubtful about him being mafia...
i had the same opinion as swampy :V just after what soup did its just wrong for a messy replacement to fill that slate, unfair to the replacement really

when i replaced crusher all he did was claim flavor and barely did nothing, so i was fine there, he didn't freak out nor realeased everything

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
i had the same opinion as swampy :V just after what soup did its just wrong for a messy replacement to fill that slate, unfair to the replacement really

when i replaced crusher all he did was claim flavor and barely did nothing, so i was fine there, he didn't freak out nor realeased everything
Yeah, but soup's role is a hard one to get around with for mafia, so if he's truthful about his role, we got ourselves a trustworthy guy.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Yeah but

literally all the screenshot did was save time. The message displayed in that picture I could have easily delivered through quoting the posts individually.

So IDK it'd be a silly host kill in my opinion. Rules are rules or w/e but killing me even though the message could have been sent an alternative way seems a bit wack. but idk :laugh:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah but

literally all the screenshot did was save time. The message displayed in that picture I could have easily delivered through quoting the posts individually.

So IDK it'd be a silly host kill in my opinion. Rules are rules or w/e but killing me even though the message could have been sent an alternative way seems a bit wack. but idk :laugh:
Guess that's fair enough.

Try to avoid it and just say "search for the **** Ura said" next time.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
still personally feel its wrong from a players standpoint
How is it wrong when NZ culture has a lot of roleclaiming in it?

Again, wrong or not, this is a potential trustworthy ally there, one that the mafia can't really deal with easily.

Hostkilling him means greatly helping the mafia and taking off a now greatly valuable town asset.

Not to mention there's gonna be a lynch on top of that because this is a day phase.

You're not thinking of the larger picture here because one hostkill is all it take for a game to be shorter.

Like how Capcom Mafia wouldn't have been a night 2 mafia victory without Shiny getting hostkilled.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Not to drown in metagame, but this feels normal enough for Soup. Read could go either way, but Soup seeing a PGO and thinking "gosh this game is unbalanced", and being a lot more into his other mafia game... that sounds like town Soup.

Let mods worry about replacement, and let's keep going.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Give him a bit, he'll probably come back anyway.

Do you have any thoughts on the goings-on of the thread? This hostkill ask is the most notable thing from you so far this game.
During daytime at least.

Look I'm honestly not sure who to go for, everyone I had conversation with last night earned my trust except for maybe Maven and he didn't do anything that was suspicious to me.

I'm not exactly sure what to say other then try an figure out why your role straight up didn't work.

If you weren't blocked, did you target Ura perhaps?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
What I'm saying is, you literally said that my case had some merit, and then in your follow up post you decided I was a lurker?

It's fair enough if you're not sure between Maven / Bardull, but your reasoning for choosing between them just seems sketchy.
Yeah, but that was the one thing you'd posted all day. I don't think having one case with merit (on a person you'd had little to no interaction with) and being a lurker are mutually exclusive. With that said, you seem to be breaking the lurker mold toDay as you're taking initiative. So go you :)
It would be mad risky if he was mafia and not tracker to claim that, considering tracker's such a common role.

Mafia track is a possibility esp in role madness but so far nothing he's done screams scum to me.
You say you think he's probably town because he claimed tracker, but then say that it's possible that there's a mafia tracker in this game... I get it if you don't think he's done anything scummy (for which I would point you to his hardcore lurking, flipping out to self voting and claiming after the teeniest bit of pressure, and contributing jack squat so far), but this line of reasoning just feels off to me.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Swamp vouched for the hostkill, but my talk with him makes he think that he can't be scum. At least until proof of the contrary.

But Natz also vouched for it, which makes me suspicious... but I gave her the one-day lynchproof. ****!

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
How is it wrong when NZ culture has a lot of roleclaiming in it?

Again, wrong or not, this is a potential trustworthy ally there, one that the mafia can't really deal with easily.

Hostkilling him means greatly helping the mafia and taking off a now greatly valuable town asset.

Not to mention there's gonna be a lynch on top of that because this is a day phase.

You're not thinking of the larger picture here because one hostkill is all it take for a game to be shorter.

Like how Capcom Mafia wouldn't have been a night 2 mafia victory without Shiny getting hostkilled.
because your looking at it from the role point, about how it benefits us, so thats why we should keep it around

yet the player who has to inhernit it, basically has nothing to do, if its a one trick pony their done, everyone knows their claim so they don't gotta say anything, mafia will be afraid to kill them, town will trust them, yaddda yadda, the person basically is only existing to be a puppet for the role

and thats ****ing boring, because of the hole soup left behind, ya looking at it from the game perspective, i'm looking at it from the perspective of the person whos inherenting it, and they wouldn't have fun from what i see

the host kill isn't about in game or whatever, its just pity cause soup destroyed it with his action and attitude

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
because your looking at it from the role point, about how it benefits us, so thats why we should keep it around

yet the player who has to inhernit it, basically has nothing to do, if its a one trick pony their done, everyone knows their claim so they don't gotta say anything, mafia will be afraid to kill them, town will trust them, yaddda yadda, the person basically is only existing to be a puppet for the role

and thats ****ing boring, because of the hole soup left behind, ya looking at it from the game perspective, i'm looking at it from the perspective of the person whos inherenting it, and they wouldn't have fun from what i see

the host kill isn't about in game or whatever, its just pity cause soup destroyed it with his action and attitude
But again, this is still a valuable town asset. And the nature of the the can be something we can take a lot of advantage on...

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
lynchproof

is that it? :V

if thats what it is you really should of just stated it dude

or rather not something vague :V
What about the smores?
Spak Spak
Stop reading. What did your PM say about your action specifically?
It's three words. The first one is "you', the last one is "blocked", and the second word rhymes with "lot" (I'd tell you exactly what, but I can't quote the mods lol).

Top Bottom