• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiny's Mario Mafia - Game Over! Town + FireEmbleminer Victory!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Natz~ Natz~ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe AmericanDJ AmericanDJ

If you can all throw your votes down on Maven, that would be appreciated. He is definitely trying to avoid the thread.

My vote's still from RVS. I've been hesitant to change it up until this point until now, but that's because my vote counts for two (which means that it holds more weight than it typically would). With that said, I'm gonna go ahead and:

Vote: AmericanDJ

I've seen him viewing the thread an awful lot for not posting much (which makes me think he's a lurker), and kinda just defended himself and subsequently disappeared. He hasn't actually scumhunted or contributed anything to town this phase, he just appeared randomly, flipped out when he thought he was found out, and then kinda just left as soon as people unvoted. It looks super sketch and I think it'll be interesting looking at people's reactions to his rebuttal (either questioning further or just completely dropping pressure after the claim) after knowing his alignment. My backup would be Bard going today (although I very much enjoy his presence, I think Kary's case holds some merit) and want to see more from Kary and Maven before end of phase because they seem more quiet than I remember them being (although it's been a long time since I've played with Kary). Additionally, getting some inactives to talk would be nice :)
This post will be of merit if Maven flips mafia.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Here's my perspective on DJ, if he is the actual town tracker, he's likely going to be Nk'd n1, unless the there's a doc to heal him, if he continues being alive either has information to bring or could be lying. If we do lynch him though and he ends up the town tracker, Mafia no longer has to to worry about roleblocking or getting rid of him, and they get another town kill instead. I'd much prefer someone else be lynched, cause its not in the town's favor
That's true, but he could also be a Mafia tracker. If he honest claims tracker, that doesn't automatically mean he's a town tracker.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
If Maven flips town, I will keep Bard's posts in mind, I'd rather have he stay alive for now at least, cause he is contributing to the thread, Maven not so much.

That's true, but he could also be a Mafia tracker. If he honest claims tracker, that doesn't automatically mean he's a town tracker.
I'll keep that in mind if he's still alive Day 2, Spak.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Pokechu Pokechu
What do you enjoy most about playing mafia?
Hmm, what I enjoy most? Two things; playing a game with other people and just hanging out with your squads, and the critical thinking involved in the game. It's fun to ****post, joke around, and strengthen your bonds with the people you play with and it gives me a reason to keep on posting on this forum. With the critical thinking involved, it's interesting to think about the motivations and intents of posts and developing scenarios and cases for a scum!Player and a town!Player, and very rewarding when a case you created turns out to be right.

However, I'm not going to lie though, these past games I haven't really enjoyed mafia because I've had really poor luck with roles and (no offense) close-minded towns. There were two games in a row where I was the mayor (so it was a little lame to see other people have cool roles), and the first game I was voteblocked and no one trusted me, even though mayors are usually the beacon of the town for NZone mafias; that really ruined my mood. The next game even though I was mayor I was lynched day one because there were duplicate characters and I happened to be one of them. And now last game where I was given the sample role and right off the bat people couldn't trust me. I'm also not getting the satisfaction from creating right cases, as the case I made last game for scum!Vaanrose at LyLo, someone quoted me, told me the case was sad, and that I was desperate.

The case ended up being right.

It really upset me because I had actually put a lot of thought into the case, so when it was undermined like that and the town lost because they lynched me (even though I knew the last two mafia), it really takes the fun out of mafia. Why play it if no one's going to listen to you?

But I digress. It's still fun to ****post for gags and giggles but even now, because I ****posted someone put their vote on me. :/ ok i guess

still kinda fun to hang around with forum friends on a strategy game so that's what i enjoy most i guess

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
the first game I was voteblocked and no one trusted me, even though mayors are usually the beacon of the town for NZone mafias; that really ruined my mood
In all fairness, you were voteblocked for the sake of getting you framed. It wasn't your fault nor the hosts, but the mafia's.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
In all fairness, you were voteblocked for the sake of getting you framed. It wasn't your fault nor the hosts, but the mafia's.
still rendered me a vanilla townie in a game of PRs

i'm the mayor yet the one ability I had, the one advantage, the main point of the role, was just blocked. oopsies :joyful:

also couldn't do anything during the night bc i was a bomb so i had to just sit around :laugh:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
still rendered me a vanilla townie in a game of PRs

i'm the mayor yet the one ability I had, the one advantage, the main point of the role, was just blocked. oopsies :joyful:

also couldn't do anything during the night bc i was a bomb so i had to just sit around :laugh:
Not telling you were the bomb would've been a great way to keep you alive :p

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Not telling you were the bomb would've been a great way to keep you alive :p
Not putting in a mafia redirector would've been a great way to keep me alive. :p

I got my role, I thought about what the other bombs did (Golden from PokeMafia, --- from FEH. I do know though that we weren't all the same type of bomb role ) and how they actually claimed to me, so I thought "well shoot, if no one else is gonna talk to me, and claiming worked for the other bombs, why not?"

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
V O T E C O U N T
"Spak" Edition

Maven89 (2): Lampy, BarDulL
BarDulL (4): vaanrose, #HBC | Kary, Maven89, #HBC | Dark Horse
Pokechu (1): GoldenYuiitusin
The Stoopid Unikorn (1): #HBC | Nabe
American DJ (2): Spak, Spak

Not Voting: Natz~, Ura, Pokechu, AmericanDJ, #HBC | Nabe, Coricus, Yellowlord, Swamp Sensei
Lampy > Maven89
The Stoopid Unikorn > No Lynch > BarDulL > AmericanDJ > Unvote
Natz~ > No Lynch > Unvote > The Stoopid Unikorn > Unvote > The Stoopid Unikorn > BarDulL > Unvote
Ura
Pokechu
Maven89 > #HBC | Kary > Unvote > BarDulL
AmericanDJ > BarDulL > Unvote > AmericanDJ > Unvote
#HBC | Nabe > The Stoopid Unikorn
Coricus
Yellowlord
GoldenYuiitusin > Pokechu
#HBC | Dark Horse
Swamp Sensei
BarDulL > #HBC | soup > Unvote > Maven89
vaanrose > BarDulL
FireEmblemnier > Coricus > AmericanDJ > Unvote > #HBC | Nabe > Unvote
#HBC | soup > Maven89 > AmericanDJ > Unvote
Spak > The Stoopid Unikorn > Maven89 > Maven89 > Maven89
#HBC | Kary > BarDulL

Day 1 ends on June 21st at 6:00 p.m. EST.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Not putting in a mafia redirector would've been a great way to keep me alive. :p

I got my role, I thought about what the other bombs did (Golden from PokeMafia, --- from FEH. I do know though that we weren't all the same type of bomb role ) and how they actually claimed to me, so I thought "well shoot, if no one else is gonna talk to me, and claiming worked for the other bombs, why not?"
Goldie was a Suicide Bomber and was planning to make his move on the very day he said it out loud. Took down a scum.

FEH... I can't really say because I wasn't in there...

But still, mafia redirector or not, you never, EVER tell ANYONE that you're a BOMB! Mafia can find out and think of ways to manipulate people into taking down many people at once.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
EBWOP: Not Voting: Natz~, Ura, Pokechu, AmericanDJ, #HBC | Nabe, Coricus, Yellowlord, Swamp Sensei, FireEmblemnier

Shoot, looking at that votecount I see three lurkers on Bard... I really don't like that wagon and DJ probably isn't gonna die today...

Vote: Maven89

If Bard turns out to be scum, at least we can get another day's worth of interactions out of him :upsidedown:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Maven89 Maven89 , at this point we have enough votes to lynch you.

However, the Town can be convinced to not lynch you if you come out of hiding and give a convincing synopsis. Why have you been avoiding thread and why haven't you contributed more to discussion in an imperative manner. Who do you think is scum with me? Who do you think is Town?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Goldie was a Suicide Bomber and was planning to make his move on the very day he said it out loud. Took down a scum.

FEH... I can't really say because I wasn't in there...

But still, mafia redirector or not, you never, EVER tell ANYONE that you're a BOMB! Mafia can find out and think of ways to manipulate people into taking down many people at once.
I based my decision to claim as the past bomb claimers didn't have it used it against them. I didn't know what else to do; if I didn't claim "HEY GUYS pokechu didn't claim to me, he's obviously NOT the mayor otherwise he wouldn't have let swamp die from a lynch, VOTE HIM" it probably would've worked, too.

really, the mafia redirector was the crime in the first place. how was i supposed to know not to claim when the previous bombs actually claimed (safely, too)?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
V O T E C O U N T
"Revised Spak" Edition

Maven89 (5): Lampy, BarDulL, Spak, Spak, FireEmblemnier
BarDulL (4): vaanrose, #HBC | Kary, Maven89, #HBC | Dark Horse
Pokechu (1): GoldenYuiitusin
The Stoopid Unikorn (1): #HBC | Nabe

Not Voting: Natz~, Ura, Pokechu, AmericanDJ, #HBC | Nabe, Coricus, Yellowlord, Swamp Sensei
Lampy > Maven89
The Stoopid Unikorn > No Lynch > BarDulL > AmericanDJ > Unvote
Natz~ > No Lynch > Unvote > The Stoopid Unikorn > Unvote > The Stoopid Unikorn > BarDulL > Unvote
Ura
Pokechu
Maven89 > #HBC | Kary > Unvote > BarDulL
AmericanDJ > BarDulL > Unvote > AmericanDJ > Unvote
#HBC | Nabe > The Stoopid Unikorn
Coricus
Yellowlord
GoldenYuiitusin > Pokechu
#HBC | Dark Horse > BarDulL
Swamp Sensei
BarDulL > #HBC | soup > Unvote > Maven89
vaanrose > BarDulL
FireEmblemnier > Coricus > AmericanDJ > Unvote > #HBC | Nabe > Unvote
#HBC | soup > Maven89 > AmericanDJ > Unvote
Spak > The Stoopid Unikorn > Maven89 > Maven89 > Maven89 > AmericanDJ > AmericanDJ > Maven89 > Maven89
#HBC | Kary > BarDulL

Day 1 ends on June 21st at 6:00 p.m. EST.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I based my decision to claim as the past bomb claimers didn't have it used it against them. I didn't know what else to do; if I didn't claim "HEY GUYS pokechu didn't claim to me, he's obviously NOT the mayor otherwise he wouldn't have let swamp die from a lynch, VOTE HIM" it probably would've worked, too.

really, the mafia redirector was the crime in the first place. how was i supposed to know not to claim when the previous bombs actually claimed (safely, too)?
Getting framed by a voteblocker certainly helped too.

In the grand scheme of things, had mafia not done that, you wouldn't have been forced to reveal you're a bomb.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Getting framed by a voteblocker certainly helped too.

In the grand scheme of things, had mafia not done that, you wouldn't have been forced to reveal you're a bomb.
Precisely! And when you put a voteblocker in, who else are they gonna want to block other than the mayor?

And if the mayor's blocked from their votes, what's the point of even having them? :joyful:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Pokechu Pokechu

Could you also vote Maven for me so he more quickly gets his butt in here?

I promise cookies and a stage 4 code mess on aisle "Decisive Games x Nintenzone"

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
This maven wagon is literally a dude who hasn't posted a since rvs, bard, and three guys were he was like "Hey guys can you vote maven" and they were like "sure"

Y I K E S

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
This maven wagon is literally a dude who hasn't posted a since rvs, bard, and three guys were he was like "Hey guys can you vote maven" and they were like "sure"

Y I K E S
Well, the Bard wagon is literally you and three lurkers.

Y I K E S

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
One dude's a lurker

You're probably scum

FE has been scummy, including awkwardly distancing himself from you before jumping on this wagon.

Spak is only on the wagon because he "doesn't like the bard wagon" even though kary and I have provided a bunch of reasons why bard is scum (Reminder that when prompted bard claimed his mac vote was an rvs pressure vote)

And pokechu was literally like "sure"

Not a good look

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Hmm, what I enjoy most? Two things; playing a game with other people and just hanging out with your squads, and the critical thinking involved in the game. It's fun to ****post, joke around, and strengthen your bonds with the people you play with and it gives me a reason to keep on posting on this forum. With the critical thinking involved, it's interesting to think about the motivations and intents of posts and developing scenarios and cases for a scum!Player and a town!Player, and very rewarding when a case you created turns out to be right.

However, I'm not going to lie though, these past games I haven't really enjoyed mafia because I've had really poor luck with roles and (no offense) close-minded towns. There were two games in a row where I was the mayor (so it was a little lame to see other people have cool roles), and the first game I was voteblocked and no one trusted me, even though mayors are usually the beacon of the town for NZone mafias; that really ruined my mood. The next game even though I was mayor I was lynched day one because there were duplicate characters and I happened to be one of them. And now last game where I was given the sample role and right off the bat people couldn't trust me. I'm also not getting the satisfaction from creating right cases, as the case I made last game for scum!Vaanrose at LyLo, someone quoted me, told me the case was sad, and that I was desperate.

The case ended up being right.

It really upset me because I had actually put a lot of thought into the case, so when it was undermined like that and the town lost because they lynched me (even though I knew the last two mafia), it really takes the fun out of mafia. Why play it if no one's going to listen to you?

But I digress. It's still fun to ****post for gags and giggles but even now, because I ****posted someone put their vote on me. :/ ok i guess

still kinda fun to hang around with forum friends on a strategy game so that's what i enjoy most i guess
if its any condolence i was on your side the whole time :/ if i was still alive and vaan didn't get me killed me and ya could of bonded tightly

......NOT THAT BOND but ya get it :V

also i was tagged here by bardul but i don't see my tag post

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
BarDulL BarDulL

What stands out to me, what has stood out to me from the beginning, is that your request for votes wasn't even truly a clear request for votes.

This has actually been a really fun game with lots of great dialogue. I'm just sad more votes haven't been thrown out. Heck, I would be happy if people just piled votes on me at this point to get the game moving somewhere.

I think the biggest weakness in gameplay thus far has been a reluctance to vote in the absence of mechanical leads (i.e. cop claims, tracker claims, counter claims...). If you want to find the bad guys though especially in late game, forming connections on D1 is important.

Which question was that? I only remember the question you asked to Natz regarding japanese anime faces.

As an aside, any players you find to be suspicious or perhaps exhibiting towniness?

It feels like that's meant to be an aside comment not originally meant to be taken seriously. Uni troll voted in response because he obviously got the same vibe, and then I voted seriously because, well, I'll be honest, we've butted heads a few times.

You got a third vote on you and then very quickly suggested we split the votes on you and Maven. It reads very much like "oh, ****, I accidentally pulled votes on myself, better make sure they don't keep piling votes on me."

And now you're at the point where you just flat telling people to vote for Maven. And you're also pretty adamant that we make sure we don't tie you two, now that you know we've killed all tied votees before.

The only reason I've seen you suggest for Maven being scum is because he's inactive, which is uncharacteristic. And maybe he is, though from my perspective he's just as active as he was last game. And he's said multiple times outside the game since the minute we all showed up here weeks ago that his time is limited with work, and that's why he prefers longer, week long phases. And he's still showed up more often than some people.

My vote's already on you but I'll reiterate it.

VOTE: BARDULL

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
AmericanDJ AmericanDJ what's your outlook on the current state of affairs?
I do think that it is kind of odd that Maven hasn't really said much for the entire day, so I definitely see why a good portion of the town is considering lynching voting him

Vote: Maven89

BarDulL

Town Vampire
One dude's a lurker

You're probably scum

FE has been scummy, including awkwardly distancing himself from you before jumping on this wagon.

Spak is only on the wagon because he "doesn't like the bard wagon" even though kary and I have provided a bunch of reasons why bard is scum (Reminder that when prompted bard claimed his mac vote was an rvs pressure vote)

And pokechu was literally like "sure"

Not a good look
You seem pretty anxious to save Maven. Why is this the case?

Do you really think Fire Emblemnier is scum with me, even though what he did would just be way too risky? Votes were piling on me, you know. I could've been considered a lost cause.

I also refuted both cases and you did not continue to argue. If you still have points of contention to make, why haven't you continued to address the points I have made?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
BarDulL BarDulL It feels like that's meant to be an aside comment not originally meant to be taken seriously. Uni troll voted in response because he obviously got the same vibe, and then I voted seriously because, well, I'll be honest, we've butted heads a few times.
I appreciate the honesty here, but I don't think you really think I'm scum. If you're voting for me because we've butted heads, that's not really conducive to Town finding scum. That's just conducive to you feeling better about killing me off in a game, there's no team work here...

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
ehhhh i've always been a flighty voter, i really shouldn't have been like "sure lol"

i'm still just a couple of pages behind so i'll catch up on those last few and then vote before the end of this hour, but I voted for Maven because from what I skimmed, Barney did have a point that him gathering votes really did stir up discussion and create more connections between players while Maven hasn't stated anything to make us not want to lynch him.

Unvote: Maven
but I'll catch up on these last few and make my mind up then

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Bard way to ignore how I dissected the maven wagon by asking a loaded question that ignores everything I said.

Yes I think there is a very strong chance that you guys are scum together as shown by some very wack interactions (his distancing, you having him go from "obvtown" to suddenly questioning one of his posts.

I stopped arguing with you because your defenses basically boiled down to "I was trying to create content" no matter how much I kept pushing what I said

Top Bottom