• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiny's Mario Mafia - Game Over! Town + FireEmbleminer Victory!

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Just got back; caught 6 fish, the coolest of which was a spadefish. Someone hooked a hammerhead, but their line broke.
awesome~ seems like a good haul, sucks about that hammerhead but things happen, hope they didn't lose a valuable hook
- Natz, 2018
it is true :V

which is honestly a shame cause i'm not that big on asses

BarDulL

Town Vampire
so what you're saying is the best way of scumhunting you can come up with is to incriminate yourself.
You have not provided a name for who could have reasonably gotten a voting block on themselves. Do you admit then that I am right in this regard?

And did I really incriminate myself? I suggested a voting block onto myself. How is this incriminating? It isn't.

Regardless, sometimes making yourself a target is a good opportunity to generate content and reads, when everyone else is sitting on the sidelines and not taking risks.

Sure, I could have just sat on my hands and waited for the day phase to end, but I actually wanted to generate content.

It would have been impeccably easy for me to just wait and say absolutely nothing as to not attract attention to myself if I were scum.

If no one else is going to slip up and make themselves a target, make yourself a target.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Nabe for instance doesn't come off as scummier, but rather a little too neutral. His content seems just to be questions towards the everyone, without too much followup.
I know I missed a few people like Kary and Maven, but there moreso on the "wait and see" side of things"

Vote Nabe
I feel like a little bit a pressure on his slot could help get him out of this neutral zone. If that's the best way to put it.
Briefly bringing up a bardull scum read before deflecting onto a completely different wagon out of nowhere

Yikes
This Nabe vote reads perfectly fine; FE made a similar post prior to this one, referring to my playstyle as a series of online surveys.

He even said Nabe didn't really come off as scummier right before voting for him...

That's odd.
Do you still agree with this statement after FE gave more detail? (See below.) Do you think that the Bard wagon would be a better usage of FE's time and his vote?

In my defense, majority lynching isn't how it works in other games, Bardull already has a good amount votes on him, and I'd rather spend my time pressuring a slot I'm not so sure about at the moment,

While that is true, I feel putting Nabe in a position where he would have something less neutral to talk about is more favorable.
I'm going to stand by my decision for right now honestly

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Alright what's popping I've been sort of freaking out about YOTS and breaking everything in my room to it but I'm here and I'm chill

Thread so far is a little cluttered but I think the bellyaching about NZ players ****posting is over-exaggerated. I'm currently playing in another game where people are posting at even a higher volume than the one here and these are all established players. I think our DGames meta is a bit archaic in that sense and all I ask from people is that they're willing to communicate and contribute. Even ****posting has tells in some ways, so yeah it's not all useless. In regards to what I think of the ****posts? I haven't chuckled once I guess I'm just a cold rotten *******

FireEmblemnier - I don't like this slot, he really is playing too textbook. My initial dislike for him started as morbid curiosity but really that whole 'individuality' thing I alluded to is still something I am not seeing from him at all. He's been active but in such a way that he's not really involved, he's playing in such a way that can't leave paper trails. It's too safe for it's own good, right on top of what happened with DJ. Honestly, in that instance I thought maybe Fire just sprung at something he thought was immediately scummy but now after mulling it over it just reads opportunistic.

Natz - My gut tells me Natz is town. I was serious when I said I think she's a little better at Mafia than she thinks cause if this if her scumplay I'd feel pretty dumbfounded. Her play just overall genuine even if her input is not exactly the most in-depth. I've been reading her as a player who is very emotional and plays according to how those dictate her. If someone from NZ has an objection based on experience by all means tell me.

Nabe - Nabe is a curious case, but current vibe is town. He's kinda been babysitting the thread but I don't think it's in a manipulative sense because 1) it does not mesh with Nabe's playstyle 2) If he really wanted to posture he would just post like bardull has been throughout. Generally good vibes from Nabe.

AmericanDJ - His claim was genuine in my eyes, I'll probably stick with that unless something crazy happens. I like that he didn't give up but the way his votes went down and happened was ****ing weird. It almost happened too quickly unfortunately because I think there would be a lot more to digest.

Spak - Awkwardly segwaying into that point, Spak's handling of DJ's claim is the most off-putting to me. Reassuring him is fine yes but I dunno I think that he was thinking too hard about it in a sense. It's like he wanted to commit to the S.S Maven he was relying on earlier in the day therefore he was afraid it would be scummy to jump. I don't like how he's been holding his vote and not taking the opportunity to interact with Maven at all.

Kary - Kary's ""case"" on bardull is fine, like I said. She's gonna push that regardless if I tell her no because well that's just how she is. Funnily enough, I think Bardull and Kary have a lot in common in how they play however what they get out of it is vastly different. Do I agree with Kary on Bardull? Not really honestly, Bardull gains nothing trying to put himself in the crossfire and saying the things he did, but it makes sense to me why she would believe it was scummy.

Maven - Maven's odd to me. It's like he's waiting on something but he won't exactly tell anyone what it is. Something that I took note of is that during the mini-wagon he said 'make sure soup answers what I said' but I dunno why that was so important to him. Does that mean his tongue-in-cheek behavior about 'waiting for soup to tell me what to do' was somewhat serious? Who knows, he never bothered to tell anyone about it. Maven's being too secretive essentially and I think if he continues to do that I wouldn't mind reinforcing a vote on him, what do people think about Spak/Maven as partners? Open question.

Bardull - Take it or leave it. That's my stance on this slot. Bardull is either going to condemn himself later or find a way to piss people off to where he's voted. It's like I said before: it depends on how you take his arrogance for the basis of a read. Does Bardull think Maven is playing kinda sketch? Might like him for that

If you're not listed here I don't have enough to talk about or I'm still thinking you over. Light shoutout to StoopidUnknown cause I still hold to that behavior. Another minor reference to Golden whatever his name (the dude saying to Lynch All Liars), I would like NZone input about that slot and how he was behaving that phase thank you

#HBC | ѕoup

Right now my vote is going between Spak/Maven/Fire but I'm being choosy about which one.

#HBC | ѕoup

#HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup
Good reads, would agree again. What do you think of Unikorn?

@ShinyLegendary Jojalole Jojalole
Any chance of an extension to 8 p.m. toDay or all game Days? 6 p.m. EST could be when daytime obligations end for a lot of people.
Like his callout on DJ, think it was pretty agreed that DJ was townclaiming at that point so see no benefit from him as scum to be suspicious.

I am an unknown now, apparently.
I suck with names, thoughts on DJ outside of his claim?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
EBOWP:
Seems like it's probably a pure coincidence that his timing with Natz was so on point.

Will give a benefit of the doubt until it happens again because bad timing is something I've had in Animafia, so I can relate.
Consistently bad timing, however, just makes it sounds like it's less and less of an accident. But that's just how I feel.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
#HBC | Dark Horse #HBC | Dark Horse Does a world exist where Bardull/Maven are both scum?
Possibly. If we followed Bardull's plan and maven were to flip scum, I could see scum thinking that town would view bard's constant pushing of maven as too aggressive to be bussing (and his whole dead lock idea as basically taking the spotlight and pointing it straight at the mafia), while if Bard where to be lynched people would be wondering why he would pick his scum buddy to deflect pressure off to. This would set up a scenario where lynching one and having them flip scum would lighten the pressure on the other.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Also nabe my criticism of FE's vote of you is less the actual vote and more so how he seemed to bring up a scum read on bardull, doubting it in the same post, and then voting you.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It seems fishy that you're piggy backing off of Natz vote in frustration, honestly. Like I have a hard time seeing what you said here matching what you are actually thinking.

Ok in defense of Bardull for a moment, he's seems a little frustrated on trying to understand how the NZ's work, and trying to incentivize playing Dgames style with mixed results. Doesn't come off as scummy to me, at the moment

As someone who used admitting their own faults to win town over, in one of the first games I played as scum, I would say they are, That doesn't make me scum though :awesome: There's a lot of players here, so honestly haven't really thought about DH much yet. To the point I don't know what the abbreviation is for.

Yeah, sorry, I was posting at work before, also I like talking about meta stuff in my posts as it helps me get in the right mindset to play the game.
The timing of this post and subsequent analysis seems nonsensical from a scum point of view. Have I truly been bamboozled?

#HBC | ѕoup

Read your #838. Don't mind the pressure as my townread is mostly based on competence (not trying to sound mean here). I think that Unikorn as scum would rather just continue to ****post and not get noticed than actually question something and offer a directive that might oppose the flow of the thread. Do not like however that he's not fully committing based on his responses and especially that whole 'it's just a pressure vote'. Very weird indeed

#HBC | ѕoup

Possibly. If we followed Bardull's plan and maven were to flip scum, I could see scum thinking that town would view bard's constant pushing of maven as too aggressive to be bussing (and his whole dead lock idea as basically taking the spotlight and pointing it straight at the mafia), while if Bard where to be lynched people would be wondering why he would pick his scum buddy to deflect pressure off to. This would set up a scenario where lynching one and having them flip scum would lighten the pressure on the other.
I think we should between the two then, because it's something apparently Bard wants and it will force Maven to come out his hole. Disagree? Leaning on Maven though if not evident

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
@ShinyLegendary Jojalole Jojalole
Any chance of an extension to 8 p.m. toDay or all game Days? 6 p.m. EST could be when daytime obligations end for a lot of people.

I'm with Shiny, Day 1 has had an extension period already and has almost doubled the amount of time given to this phase. Plus I like having time-shifts consistent so people can know when to expect new stuff to happen. Last, 8 PM EST is 2 AM for me, I'm not going to be awake at that hour, and since it's Shiny's first time hosting I want to be there to help with phase shifts since it's when moderators have the most amount of work. So I wouldn't count on an extension happening.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You have not provided a name for who could have reasonably gotten a voting block on themselves. Do you admit then that I am right in this regard?

And did I really incriminate myself? I suggested a voting block onto myself. How is this incriminating? It isn't.

Regardless, sometimes making yourself a target is a good opportunity to generate content and reads, when everyone else is sitting on the sidelines and not taking risks.

Sure, I could have just sat on my hands and waited for the day phase to end, but I actually wanted to generate content.

It would have been impeccably easy for me to just wait and say absolutely nothing as to not attract attention to myself if I were scum.

If no one else is going to slip up and make themselves a target, make yourself a target.
Yes, you could have sat on your hands as scum and done nothing, but that only helps you on Day 1. If you want to be regarded as townie in the long run, you want to be seen to be doing things. This point is null in my opinion.

Sure, you can generate content by putting yourself in the firing line, but content in itself is not necessarily helpful. It can be fluff, distracting, or even pushing town in the wrong direction. And my main problem is that I don't feel you genuinely attempted to make someone else trip up before you asked people to vote for you.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Yes, you could have sat on your hands as scum and done nothing, but that only helps you on Day 1. If you want to be regarded as townie in the long run, you want to be seen to be doing things. This point is null in my opinion.

Sure, you can generate content by putting yourself in the firing line, but content in itself is not necessarily helpful. It can be fluff, distracting, or even pushing town in the wrong direction. And my main problem is that I don't feel you genuinely attempted to make someone else trip up before you asked people to vote for you.
You still haven't given me a name, you know.

Content is helpful. Someone has to come under fire at some point. With 24 hour day phases, we can't just sit on our hands and wait for something to happen.

You are basically saying that I should have sat on my hands like every other townie and hoped that PRs would work their magic, or that maybe more information would be revealed outside of PR play like a town flip from a scum kill.

We both know this is counter-intuitive.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I think we should between the two then, because it's something apparently Bard wants and it will force Maven to come out his hole. Disagree? Leaning on Maven though if not evident
I mean I'm already voting bard so I'm down to do that lol

ngl I haven't been paying much attention to maven this game I need to go back and see what he's actually done

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
no what I'm basically saying is this:
And my main problem is that I don't feel you genuinely attempted to make someone else trip up before you asked people to vote for you.
If you want to tell me there is no middle ground between a) doing nothing, and b)asking people to vote for you; then sure, what you're saying makes sense.

But my view is that you simply assumed trying to waggon someone else would not work. You didn't try whatsoever.
Even now, you are asking me for a name, so that you can debate whether or not that waggon would have worked. It doesn't matter whether it would have worked. What matters is that you didn't try it and see.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Riddle me this:

Maven had three RVS votes on him. I had two votes after volunteering be the second choice for the day.

I could have just prodded an inactive and swapped my vote since nothing was getting done with the Maven wagon.

There's no possible reality that Maven and I are teammates unless I'm just really, really, really bad at Mafia.

Which is possible. I mean, I volunteered myself as a voting block, after all.

But I wouldn't throw my team into a ditch for no discernable reason. That's basically gamethrowing.

no what I'm basically saying is this:

If you want to tell me there is no middle ground between a) doing nothing, and b)asking people to vote for you; then sure, what you're saying makes sense.

But my view is that you simply assumed trying to waggon someone else would not work. You didn't try whatsoever.
Even now, you are asking me for a name, so that you can debate whether or not that waggon would have worked. It doesn't matter whether it would have worked. What matters is that you didn't try it and see.
Still no name. I will just assume then that you have given up in this regard.

Voting onto Maven to generate content didn't work, so what makes you think that me voting for anyone else was going to accomplish anything? People would just ask why I was doing it when nothing has happened, and then carry on. I asked people multiple times to place their votes down on people who they felt was suspicious, but to no avail.

Also, I think it's interesting that your narrative is ever-evolving to try to fit a possible "scumDulL" perspective while you relinquish portions of your case that you know carry no weight. Now it's "you didn't try hard enough to get something done" instead of "he's pretending he knows the roster, why would he volunteer himself thats dumb and gross." What.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Bard why did you go from "you can even pile votes on me so we see what happens" to "Let's lynch between me and maven" pretty much as soon as you started receiving votes. Not answering like "Oh, because I wanted to generate discussion" but why you went from the more open ended approach to trying to immediately narrow it down

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Yo bard what made you go back and reevaluate this post
Nabe and Soup have suggested that FE is questionable but have also suggested that I am less likely to be scum. I am of the opinion that he is not scum and stated my reasoning for it for discussion purposes. I do expect Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier to respond to them regardless though.

I feel it is interesting that they suspect him, while suggesting that I am less likely to be scum at the moment, considering the post FireEmblemnier made considering the current context of the scenario. But we'll see what happens.

Bard why did you go from "you can even pile votes on me so we see what happens" to "Let's lynch between me and maven" pretty much as soon as you started receiving votes. Not answering like "Oh, because I wanted to generate discussion" but why you went from the more open ended approach to trying to immediately narrow it down
Why not?

Forming two voting blocks is conventional for our games. Generally we end up with two people the Town finds the most suspicious, and in turn, we pick a side. This causes people to make a decision between the two slots. They then express why they feel that one is more scummy than the other. It provides for more connections, stances, reads, etc.

If it's just me, it doesn't have as much merit because then people are just piling on votes instead of having to make a decision between one or the other.

Why do you feel that it is scummy to do so?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
EBWOP:

I feel it is interesting that they suspect him, while suggesting that I am less likely to be scum at the moment, considering the post FireEmblemnier made while also considering the current context of the scenario for when he made it. But we'll see what happens.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
One thing I am curious about here: Why make this post (in excitement of me posting today) and then vote for me to pressure me into posting?
It was more of joke noticing that part of your post I replied to could be taken as a innuendo.
Honestly as stated before I only voted you for being a little too neutral, but now that I'm seeing more substantial content out of you, I'll:

UNVOTE

FireEmblemnier - I don't like this slot, he really is playing too textbook. My initial dislike for him started as morbid curiosity but really that whole 'individuality' thing I alluded to is still something I am not seeing from him at all. He's been active but in such a way that he's not really involved, he's playing in such a way that can't leave paper trails. It's too safe for it's own good, right on top of what happened with DJ. Honestly, in that instance I thought maybe Fire just sprung at something he thought was immediately scummy but now after mulling it over it just reads opportunistic.
I'm honestly just playing the way I feel is right as a townie. I've have had comments in past mafia games, that I don't seem to have "Zeal" in my play sometimes. but on my end, I'm motivated to figure things out and contribute, I've just been taking things 'textbook' as you call it since I really haven't played mafia in a quite a while. I don't want to make mistakes in my play, I guess. I can understand why you see the DJ thing as opportunistic, cause if I were scum I would of jumped on that vote in a similar manner, knowing that he made a mistake that almost costed him. Yet, I also believe most people in that circumstance would see what initially happened as pretty sketchy.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I think we have 3 hours, yes? I will be back in an hour. In the meantime, would like to hear what all the other slots are thinking.

To everyone:

If you have a vote available, it would be awesome to throw it onto Maven, as I feel he is avoiding discussion and has not really made a strong case or rebuttal for why I am scum. In general, I think he has asked questions which have little merit, has not analyzed the intent or the actions of those of us in the game, and is now pretty much in hiding. This is not the scum hunting Town Maven that I am familiar with.

Of course, you can throw it onto me too if you think I'm scummy. However, with only 3 hours left, and someone inevitably getting lynched no matter what, we must play our cards carefully here. No ties, please!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I think we have 3 hours, yes? I will be back in an hour. In the meantime, would like to hear what all the other slots are thinking.

To everyone:

If you have a vote available, it would be awesome to throw it onto Maven, as I feel he is avoiding discussion and has not really made a strong case or rebuttal for why I am scum. In general, I think he has asked questions which have little merit, has not analyzed the intent or the actions of those of us in the game, and is now pretty much in hiding. This is not the scum hunting Town Maven that I am familiar with.

Of course, you can throw it onto me too if you think I'm scummy. However, with only 3 hours left, and someone inevitably getting lynched no matter what, we must play our cards carefully here. No ties, please!
A lot of the inactive/quiet mavens I've played with have been scum before, but I'll be around for the next 3 hours, maybe he'll make a case, but it doesn't look to good for him unfortunately. The biggest problem I have with him, is that one of the only substantial post he has is him saying to take the votes off him, cause he's unavailable, but hasn't really made a case for himself afterwards when he is around.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
It's like he wanted to commit to the S.S Maven he was relying on earlier in the day therefore he was afraid it would be scummy to jump. I don't like how he's been holding his vote and not taking the opportunity to interact with Maven at all.
My vote's still from RVS. I've been hesitant to change it up until this point until now, but that's because my vote counts for two (which means that it holds more weight than it typically would). With that said, I'm gonna go ahead and:

Vote: AmericanDJ

I've seen him viewing the thread an awful lot for not posting much (which makes me think he's a lurker), and kinda just defended himself and subsequently disappeared. He hasn't actually scumhunted or contributed anything to town this phase, he just appeared randomly, flipped out when he thought he was found out, and then kinda just left as soon as people unvoted. It looks super sketch and I think it'll be interesting looking at people's reactions to his rebuttal (either questioning further or just completely dropping pressure after the claim) after knowing his alignment. My backup would be Bard going today (although I very much enjoy his presence, I think Kary's case holds some merit) and want to see more from Kary and Maven before end of phase because they seem more quiet than I remember them being (although it's been a long time since I've played with Kary). Additionally, getting some inactives to talk would be nice :)

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
EBWOP: So in other words, my lynch list from greatest to least scumminess is:
AmericanDJ
Bard
Maven
<Insert inactive here>

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
6 p.m. EST could be when daytime obligations end for a lot of people.
+1. When I'm not on vacation, I'm usually not off of work until 5:30, and don't get done with dinner and working out until around 6:30-7:00.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
EBWOP: So in other words, my lynch list from greatest to least scumminess is:
AmericanDJ
Bard
Maven
<Insert inactive here>
Here's my perspective on DJ, if he is the actual town tracker, he's likely going to be Nk'd n1, unless the there's a doc to heal him, if he continues being alive either has information to bring or could be lying. If we do lynch him though and he ends up the town tracker, Mafia no longer has to to worry about roleblocking or getting rid of him, and they get another town kill instead. I'd much prefer someone else be lynched, cause its not in the town's favor

Top Bottom