• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shine upsmashes and other shine stuff

Animal

Smash Lord
I'm haing trouble shine upsmashing Captain Falcon after i upthrow him. Is it only possible with certain DI? Do i need to wait longer to shine before i do it? or am i just not quick enough.
I'm having the same problem with shine bairing, and shine nairing. Any suggestions?

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Shine usmash?

I think you're hitting him too high with the shine, the higher you hit with shine, the higher he gets sent off; perhaps even too high for a usmash to connect.

Try hitting him a bit lower with the shine.

If all else fails, you could just waveshine to regrab.

As for shine aerials, you need to hit with the tippity top of the shine...that way, the shine sends them at an almost upwards angle so that your bair/nair (I recommend bair) will connect.

If it's a matter of speed and not reach, then the quickest way (for me) is to:

- Shine
- Stick Jump
- C-stick the aerial
- or hit A for the nair (bair is better)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
hehehe sometimes after a tech chase away and they think im going to run up and upsmash, they try to shield grab, so i predict shield grab and shine upsmash, they try to grab and then theyg et UPSMASHED

and its silly :D

jugfingers

Smash Champion
its pretty much the same as doing any other shine upsmash as long as the falcon doesn't DI too far away and you shine while the falcon is close to your body you should be able to shineusmash if you jump/usmash quick enough.

try practicing shine uspamsh out of uthrow on level 1 falcons to see if you can do it without the falcon DI'ing, im sure that if they DI quick enough they can get out of it though

shine bairing is all about where you connect with the shine, you need to hit characters near the botoom of their body

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
No you can't. Falcon can buffer an escape.
o.0 Shine wavedash grab works fine.

After upthrow, look for a regrab/uptilt/upsmash without shine. If you have frame perfect dash, you can follow with upsmash at like 38 -50 percent roughly. Or just get a free bair/nair/upair if the percent is higher.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
it depends on how fast you are for the escape i think. If you up thorw shine, the shine stuns in the air, but when they hit the ground they lose all that stun (this im sure of), so if you dont reach them fast enouh they can buffer a roll and escape

TresChikon

Smash Lord
it depends on how fast you are for the escape i think. If you up thorw shine, the shine stuns in the air, but when they hit the ground they lose all that stun (this im sure of), so if you dont reach them fast enouh they can buffer a roll and escape
Yeah, taking a shine aerial gives you 9-11 frames of stun (depending on your character,) but normally people have to see it coming to really counter it.

So unless you're following up all of your u-throws with waveshine->grab, most people won't catch on.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
in theory upthrow->shine-> wavedash anything doesnt work because the second they touch the ground they are completely free of stun and they can do anything including simply jab to mess you up.

In practice though, you can sometimes get it on unsuspecting opponents but dont ever expect for it to work, just be happy when it does.

Its the same kinda deal for fast nair->shine->grab vs marth and falcon and the like. The nair hits them up and the shine hits and they can in theory get away but it works a lot because humans arent perfect.

Top Bottom