• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shine oos

Arrogant Commander

Banned via Administration
Best/ most consistent way to shine oos? ive tried up on cstick then shine and just y to shine, but i still rarely get it. is there any better way or should i just practice more

Bones0

Smash Legend
I don't recommend C-stick up because it buffers and if you misjudge how much shield stun you have, you may shine too early and empty jump or shine too late and be too high in the air. Y to B is the easiest method, and most people prefer to slide their thumb from Y to B. It can be annoying to learn, but you'll get the hang of it. Just keep practicing. Remember not to tense up your hand trying to get it though. Keep your hands relaxed and they'll actually move much more quickly and effortlessly, not to mention you won't end up with uncomfortable execution habits.

mrdoingboing

Smash Cadet
I actually shine out of shield my flicking the analog stick up to tap jump out of shield, and then slamming it right back down and pressing B to get a grounded shine. It was really easy for me to pick up because it's similar to the way I perform double laser from the ledge. You're gonna get a lot of up B's out of shield when you're first learning it, but keep at it and you can make it work. I also felt like I was able to wavedash out of this shine a bit faster from this method than when I tried using Y, but maybe that's just me.

And as Bones mentioned, I urge you to not shine OOS with the c stick. In a perfect world, you'll get a frame perfect shine OOS every time. But the fact of the matter is it's impossible to consistently react to and gauge the exact shield stun of every single move that hits your shield to a frame perfect degree. The shield stun of a move can even change based on stale moves, and keeping track of all that in the middle of everything can be a mess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom