• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine OoS with C stick?

Dumpabump

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5258-0829-4421
Hey guys. I was just labbing some stuff with Fox because I've been playing him a lot vs my friends (I get bored playing Falco vs them).

I've been practicing a lot to get shine > nair consistently, and while sitting in shield, I accidentally hit the c-stick up. Fox jumped, and that got me thinking.

I was curious to try a shine with the c-stick. And well, it made my shine OoS much more consistent. I stayed grounded a lot more frequently.

I'm assuming people just use the control stick to shine OoS. I'm decently consistent with them when I use the control stick, but almost 100% consistent when I tried the c-stick.

Has that been a thing? Do people do their shine OoS with the c-stick as well?

2 +

Smash Cadet
I'm a scrub but I love shine OoS using the c-stick (for the jump input only). I'm much better at doing the shine as low as possible by using this method.

Y-L

Smash Champion
The majority of people use y to shine oos. IMO it's best to do this because it helps you become much more consistent with performing waveshines oos and jc shines out of dash

F1SHER

scrub
Slippi.gg
FSHR#913
shine oos is just a jump canceled shine and since you have to use the same timing elsewhere, but can only use the c stick oos... personally, I think it's a better idea to be to do as many things based off of as few timings and input strings as possible for consistency's sake. I actually came across cstick shine oos like 8 months ago ******* around and theorycrafting with a buddy. I used it for a little while and experimented and came to the conclusion I just gave ya

Burnaby

Smash Rookie
For anyone reading this, Shine OoS should be done with Y instead of C stick because the C-stick will buffer a jump input during shield hitlag, theres an inconsistency in timings, so it makes it just much harder to be consistent when an actual opponent is sheild pressuring you.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
I think it could be useful. Only for buffering jump, shine OoS. Burnaby is right that the timing would be hard but it is still doable. llod buffers jump float all the time for fc nairs out of shield. Yeah he has to time the a but he has some of the best nairs out of shield of any peach.

Lythia

Smash Rookie
Too impractical, since you would use your right thumb for both C and B separately, whereas with Y+B, you can use the same thumb twice in one fell swoop.

Top Bottom