• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine Instant Cancel

hardass

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone,

I have been playing around with crazy hand quite a bit lately, it's a really really cool piece of software. While I was messing around I thought it might be cool/really broken and fun if fox's shine auto-canceled after the hitbox was done coming out... ie, shine is normal for the first 3 frames and then goes straight into a falling or standing state instead of reflecting and being jump-cancelable.

So ( Intang[1f] > Hitbox[2f] > Wait/Fall )
Instead of ( Intang[1f] > Hitbox [2f] > Reflector/Jump-Cancel[4-21f] )

I've been reading a bit and https://smashboards.com/threads/internal-action-state-hack.440318/ this thread seems to have information about kind of what I want to do, but I'm confused. Is it possible to make these changes with crazy hand? Do I need to just open the raw .dat file and edit the hex codes? What is an offset? I'm not really sure how to use injection codes so gecko codes would be best but that makes even less sense to me. Where do I need to put the initial state or subaction/new state/frame delay? I'm definitely an absolute beginner so I'll be doing some more reading but in the meantime if anyone out there could give me a few tips or pointers about what I'm trying to achieve that would seriously be awesome. Thanks in advance.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Code:
$Instant Shine [UnclePunch]
040e877c 4BFE3FB5
040e86e4 4BFEDCA9
Little bit glitchy because the Shine GFX stays out, it usually goes away when entering a new AS but not in this case. I may investigate further if I have the time.

https://streamable.com/45t7f

Top Bottom