• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine bair

Gobbleboners

Smash Rookie
So I've seen top players land both shine and back air on their opponents like falco and I was wondering how this is done, I've tried it myself and I can never connect the back air, Is it DI dependent or am I not doing it fast enough?

Foxco

Smash Cadet
It's not easy to do, you have to hit with the very top of the shine and you need to be pretty quick too. It may also be a bit DI dependent I'm not certain but if you hit with the very top of the shine and are quick enough jumping out of the shine then I think it will always work. Someione correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway you can practice it by using empty player 2, just upthrow and try to shine bair at high percents, with practice you can get it fairly often. Armada seems to hit it 8/10 times.

Foxco

Smash Cadet
From how often Armada hits this and the few times that I have pulled it off I would say it almost certainly that it is not. As long as the only the top hitbox of the shine connects it is possible as far as I know

SwissMagic

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0182-4834-2135
Shine b-air is something I almost never use, but it is a viable option against Jiggs, because of her floatiness, because if she is SDIing up and out for your u-airs, then you can do this option to counter it, so that you can hit an unsuspecting no-DI Jiggs, which will kill quite early, (sorry for posting in a 2014 thread, but if you still want an option against SDI then here you go)

Top Bottom