• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine Bair?

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
I've heard for some people that they shine like normal, but tap jump and press back on the c-stick pretty much at the same time. It's hard to say though, I too would like to know what techniques people use for this

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
You can tap jump, or claw, or use the side of your finger on the X button (which is the same principle as claw but maybe shouldn't technically be called that); whatever you're more comfortable with. You could even probably get fast enough with a normal grip using X or Y to jump with practice. I use the X button claw for it.

Last edited:

AscendantAquila

Smash Cadet
A large part of shine bair and shine turnaround bair combos is positioning. You want to hit the shine as low as possible on the opponent. Aka hit them with the upper tip of the hitbox.

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Yeah I saw ShineyMewtwo do it at a local tournament, and I wanted to know how it was done. It's flashy and it might have a good chance for added damage

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Shine bair is primarily d.i. dependent. No matter how fast you are or what input method you use, if you approach your floating opponent at the wrong angle or if they d.i. away from you, the bair will always miss. Consistency of shinebair virtually triples if your opponent d.i.s inwards out of fear...expecting you to simply bair. Don't get hung up on if it hits / misses because of this. It's functionality is akin to Falcon's uair > knee or Marth's ken combo in terms of d.i. allowing the sequence to work in most cases.

Top Bottom