• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield pressure with ivy

Tking1031

Smash Rookie
I'm fairly new to playing ivy and i haven't really found anything that is good on shield without me getting punished. Any good Ideas?

Saproling

Smash Journeyman
You can do repeated first jab on other characters with poor oos options they can roll out but you can punish em for that

Verduyn

Smash Cadet
This was theorycrafted in the Skype group a while back (unfortunately noone thought to copy it to 20IV) and IIRC we settled on RAR nair through shield followed by repeated jab 1 with mixups of jab 1 to grab

Swann

Smash Journeyman
Nair->jab loops are incredible! Everyone use them more!

You can substitute jab with another nair, grab, utilt, or retreating fair at any point in the loop. Nair->jab1->(crouch)->jab1->[any move] is also good.

Squeemos

Smash Rookie
There isn't all that much that's "the best" for shield pressure. Honestly, nair is your best bet, because (this is MU dependent) I don't like getting jab distance away from people, I prefer a dtilt distance away. However if I had to say something, fair (and rar fair) can be used pretty well depending on how they are facing. If they are facing towards you, a rar fair would be pretty good as a mixup. If they face away from you, a fair should be fine as well. Also RL is also decent on shield, but you want it to catch th so that if they try an oos option they get hit (so not at the end of RL, somewhere in the middle).

Basically our shield pressure game is not that strong, but when I catch someone who likes to shield a lot, RL into a grab (stops them from dropping their shield) and potentially gets a follow up and solar charges.

Last edited:
Top Bottom