• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Drop Notes + some

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
So,

After a bit of drinking I decided to practice my desynchs, and found that I was able to explore some new (on a personal level) tactics nicely. Just two quick things I found useful/interesting that I did not find outlined specifically in Hylian's Kakera thread or the Desynch thread :

Note one:

Concerning the "Kakera" desynch

I find that if I input a sidestep dodge command when one would normally put up and drop shield sets up a nearly perfect timing for nana blizzard. There is also a moment of powershield depending on how slowly you drag down on the stick. I know it is essentially the shield drop, but imputting a sidestep dodge takes all the guesswork out of it.

To simplify things, it is essentially a pivot desynch, but replace the the typical ice block with a sidestep, then input blizzard or block very quickly. It's quick and relatively painless.

Note Two

Grab Roll Desynch IS HILARIOUS

So any time some prick snake short hops the airdodge behind you, or whatever, ANYTIME ANYONE IS BEHIND YOU, you can input this Desynch and gangbang whoever was in the advantageous position. Nana will pummel approximately one time for every 50% they are at, then at the end of her pummel, toss them in a random direction if you haven't input a command by then. What's cool about this is when you can spring this trap on someone at kill percent, have nana grab them, then smash them as popo from the other side. She will hold them just long enough for you to get in a slightly charged f-smash or forward smash. I sugest around 110%. I have only started using it recently, so I can't vouch for it entirely, but if nothing else, it is incredibly stylish and quick.

Hope someone finds this interesting. Let me know if you have any imput.

Top Bottom