• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Break Ledge Cancel

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
extremely effective with jigglypuff!

And I'm pretty sure that works for pikachu on any ledge. even completely horizontal ones.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Hahaha Marth's shield is smaller than R.O.B.'s.

Pretty cool though, rather situational.

I think Jigglypuff can get some use from this; if you block her flying death, after she falls back down she still has the sheildbreak lag.

Also that first video was improved by the song.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I think Jigglypuff can get some use from this; if you block her flying death, after she falls back down she still has the sheildbreak lag.
That would not work in singles.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I never said in singles, just that it's not entirely useless for her.
Is it actually possible to block Jiggs after her shield breaks? I mean without a ceiling.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Nope.
It'd be cool if it acted like Marth's Critical Hit if someone got his by it though lol

So in other words, it's no good at all in tournament play.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This IS old, just nobody knows it because its entirely useless unless you JUST SO HAPPEN to get your shield broken in this situation, which you shouldn't, seeing as you'll probably be poked or pushed off the ledge instead.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Certainly not something you want to do intentionally - you're still going to be out of shield after you regain control, which severely limits your ground options. But I guess it does make it slightly safer to use your shield when it's weak on those sorts of ledges.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'll be sure to implement this when edgehogging a Link.

That's like, the biggest "**** you" in Smash.

The only problem with this is that you will get pushed off the ledge instead of breaking a shield directly on the ledge.

I like :mad:'s usage of it though xD

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
You're still unsafe on it. You can still get hit by moves like Snake's forward smash (but not really fully charged). And you can still get pushed offstage to death by FLUDD and Water Gun.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Rofl, so much fun this tech, mindgaming marth now will be tons of fun *Puts shield up on slopes and wait to counter a charged f-smash*.
I wonder if it could be used to dodge attacks on the bounce after you git the stage.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Rofl, so much fun this tech, mindgaming marth now will be tons of fun *Puts shield up on slopes and wait to counter a charged f-smash*.
Thanks for the grab?

Even if they did shieldbreak, they'd be spacing themselves for a charged shieldbreaker and you'd be on the ledge. Not sure you could actually do anything.

TheMike

Smash Lord
UltiMario said:
This IS old, just nobody knows it because its entirely useless unless you JUST SO HAPPEN to get your shield broken in this situation, which you shouldn't, seeing as you'll probably be poked or pushed off the ledge instead.
I know that this is old, but as I said before, i didn't find any find showing this.

And no,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2P-VLQg4Yk

Look at 1:28. We can have this kind of situations. Once a friend on mine did this on Yoshi's and the Shield Break animation was cancelled. After that, I decided to make this video. But yeah, extremely situational, just like some others ledge techniques.

Xeylode said:
The only problem with this is that you will get pushed off the ledge instead of breaking a shield directly on the ledge.
The same above.

smashkng said:
You're still unsafe on it. You can still get hit by moves like Snake's forward smash (but not really fully charged). And you can still get pushed offstage to death by FLUDD and Water Gun.
Yes. I can still be punished, but not as hard as you'd be if this doesn't happen. And no if you are at some platforms. On ledges, it may happen.

feardragon64 said:
Even if they did shieldbreak, they'd be spacing themselves for a charged shieldbreaker and you'd be on the ledge. Not sure you could actually do anything.
There will not be enough time for a charged shieldbreaker. And as I said before, you still can be punished, but not as hard you'd be if this doesn't happen.

Also guys, look at the Marth on PictoChat. He UpBed after the SBLD, which means that he could avoid some punishes(but maybe be punished after UpBing) if that was a real match.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I tilted the side direction of my shield and remained pushing the side direction of the analog after my shield broke. I was with ROB on PKMN Stadium 1 above the right platform of the regular stage, and this just happened... on a normal ledge. :X

I need another video D;

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
<3 this for taunting with Pikachu. It's also good for mindgames, I KO'd a CF once with this.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I'm pretty sure your opponent can also just stand under you at where you're going to land and you'll just get pushed off.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well, now that I think about it, I could use this trick as a way to recharge my shield.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
This helps but not really much. Obviously it shouldn't be relied if you are at high percents and close to the opponent. It doesn't completely stop the vulnerability. But still it's useful. Just that the chance to unintentionally breaking the shield and get this is extremely rare.

Top Bottom