• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

She's separate from Samus, right?

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
So in Brawl, she was a transformation for Samus. You had to hold Z to after selecting Samus to start playing as Zero Suit Samus. And if you didn't get do that, you'd have to wait for the Smash Ball so that you could unleash the Zero Laser that breaks your armor. And if you want to keep playing as the same version of Samus, you needed to avoid the Smash Ball. It's even worse with Zero Suit Samus who's Final Smash just changes her to regular Samus without a powerful move. Thankfully, transformations were removed in Smash 4 so Zero Suit Samus was easier to access in the character select screen and she doesn't have to run away from the Smash Ball. Smash Ultimate had the return of the Pokémon Trainer and Zero Suit Samus puts on her Power Suit in her Final Smash so I'm wondering, would that Final Smash permanently change her to the other Samus, or is it just a temporary aesthetic and she changes back to her Zero Suit after the attack is over?

The Sparrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
SPTheSparrow
So far Smash Ultimate likes Smash Attacks to get right to the action (Hense they removed things like Landmaster) I really doubt Smash Ultimate will repeat that mistake a second time

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Sakurai did say that the transformation Final Smashes are gone, right? Wario-Man is a cinematic Final Smash instead of a transformation, right? But then again, Wario-Man isn't the same kind of transformation as Power Suit Samus because Wario-Man was never classified as his own fighter while the switch between Zero Suit Samus and Samus is more like the switch between the Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon.

The Sparrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
SPTheSparrow
Well the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon aren't seperated because it just helps their meta game without making them OP. I believe if Zero Suit Samus and Samus could switch at the click of a button during regular tournament rule matches they'd be far too overpowered and break the meta. I also believe Sakurai knows that this would be a dumb idea hense I doubt it will be done.

Plus she was playable in the Smash Ultimate reveal and no ZSS was found there so yeah, it isn't a thing.

mechmaster90

Smash Rookie
In brawl, you could also mash her up and down taunt to get trigger the transformation, I remember doing that for a while to play ZSS at first because we still didn't know about the "holding the buttons before the match" technique.
As for Ultimate, we've seen regular Samus' final smash not transforming her to ZSS, I doubt ZSS's final smash will. With Ultimate, they really put emphasis on the competitive aspect, and just like the seperation of Sheik and Zelda as 2 different characters, going back to the transformation final smash with Samus would be a step backwards imo. For Pokemon Trainer, I think their decision was to bring back the original character, i.e. the pokemon trainer, not the 3 pokemons seperated.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Don’t think the two different versions of Samus are together, like how Zelda and Shiek are still separate

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
In brawl, you could also mash her up and down taunt to get trigger the transformation, I remember doing that for a while to play ZSS at first because we still didn't know about the "holding the buttons before the match" technique.
As for Ultimate, we've seen regular Samus' final smash not transforming her to ZSS, I doubt ZSS's final smash will. With Ultimate, they really put emphasis on the competitive aspect, and just like the seperation of Sheik and Zelda as 2 different characters, going back to the transformation final smash with Samus would be a step backwards imo. For Pokemon Trainer, I think their decision was to bring back the original character, i.e. the pokemon trainer, not the 3 pokemons seperated.
I've tried the taunt method. Never been able to get it to work. Maybe my fingers aren't that fast?

Jamisinon

Smash Apprentice
Since ZSS' final smash was changed in sm4sh to not transform her back into Samus I would think it would be very unlikely they would go back to the Brawl way of things. Sheik still having her bouncing fish in the demo means Sheik and Zelda will stay separate characters which also bodes well that ZSS and Samus would do the same. After all most players whether they played as Sheik, Zelda, ZSS or Samus wanted to play as just one character and not switch between two very different characters.
IIRC wario man had a separate moveset file in Brawl so technical it was a transformation but you went back to the original Wario after so you'd of course return to the normal moveset.

Top Bottom