• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shell Shocked XIII: Is this the end?

CTL17

Smash Lord
Well, this may be the last one. I'm graduating, and the underclassmen do not seem that interested in continuing.

We had a very large abundance of setups. There were enough setups so that everyone could be playing at the same time plus some extras. So I used this opportunity to use different systems.

Doubles:

1. Groom Blue (Chillen + Azen) ($100)
2. DoH + Redd ($40)
3. Boss + Chu
4. Wenbo + Milkman
5. Big Booty *****es (JCaesar + thesage)
6. Toadayoda + Shana-chan
7. bstuk + Fang

Round robin bracket:

There was quite a bit of drama over whether or not we should use direct matches or win:loss ratio to decide tiebreakers. I decided that I use win:loss ratio to decide first place, then direct matches to decide second place. Since Groom Blue has the best win:loss ratio out of the three first place ties, they got first. Then the tie was between BossChu and DoHRedd. Since DoHRedd beat BossChu, DoHRedd took second.

Singles: 20 entrants. Much easier to handle.

1.5 Chu... ($90)
1.5 Chillin... ($90)
3. DoH ($20)
4. Winston
5. Wenbo
6. Vist
7. Milkman
8. Bones
9. thesage
10. ♥
11. DJ
12. JU4N
13. Alcohol
14. Shana-chan
15. TM87
16. dkuo
17. BigWenz
18. Toadayoda
19. bstuk
20. KingofCereal

Bracket:

9-12:

13-16:

17-20:

That's right. Quadruple elimination.

Recordings done by dkuo and ♥. Also, I think Sypher passed on the old Shell Shocked vids so they could finally be uploaded. Their channels, respectively, are:
http://www.youtube.com/[redacted]
http://www.youtube.com/UsurperKingZant

Last edited:
Shoutouts

- Winston - You said you didn't want anything of you uploaded except vs Sage, right?
- Bones - How well were you playing when we pride matched? I was sick with pollen johns and had a headache today. So I think our score's now 3-2, your favor
- thesage - Peach players... >_>
- ♥ - A shoutout to yourself? Narcissist
- JU4N - What happened to all of that training before the event?
- Shanachan - Toes are so scary
- dkuo - You need to upload me vs bones before anything else. Pl0x? You should have stayed Pikachu vs me on game 2. I only mid% 1stocked it game 1
- BigWenz - Money match next tournament when there's none of the badness?
- SypherPhoenix - Ty for getting me the octagon restrictor gate. We can swap it next Smashfest you host or whenever

dkuo

Smash Lord
Chris is the ****ing man for running the whole thing through while being super diseased. Good stuff.

also I suck at this game T_T gotta start playing more people

@♥ - I wanted to see if I could do it with Falco out of pure curiosity <_< apparently not LOL
and I'll try to do it now. I thought the file got corrupted but turns out vdub is amazing and brought the data back.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Here are the Project M results:

1.5: Vist :luigi2:
1.5: JCaesar :wario::snake::link2::rob::mario2:
3: Chudat :pikachu2::lucario::mario2::fox:
4: dkuo :falco::pikachu2:
5: bstuk
5: fang
7: KingofCereal :dk2:

Let me know any characters I forgot.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Win ratios

Chillin/Azen - 16/20 = 80%
DoH/Redd - 15/19 = 78.9%
Chu/Boss - 16/21 = 76%

We still had the better ratio lololololol. Tio defaults to # of wins

Vist

Smash Champion
good **** to everyone I played + thanks for hosting, ctl

Wish I could have got there earlier to practice more but oh well :urg:

Bones0

Smash Legend
Had to drive through an insane snow storm on the way home, but it was worth it.

CTL too good.

Everyone else, step it up. Myself included.

Formally requesting a ride for Zenith, also.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'll let you know soon Bones
Since you were like the first one to ask me haha

@Epsilon - just upload them, he changed his mind on it
Either way none of his set were as gross as me getting scraped by Chu haha

I played Vist twice on your setups, first one best of 3, 2nd one best of 5
2-1 first match, 3-0 second match (tiebreaker for 5th and 6th place)

I was Fox (probably with the WENB) tag, he was pink Luigi
And I also played Chu and got scraped, whatever <_<
Also played a match vs Winston
If you don't know which ones are friendlies you could just upload them all uncut and I'll tell you which ones were tourney

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Sucks that nobody clearly defined the pools tiebreakers here. There's no definite right or wrong answer... Pound always used head-to-head, Apex always used winning percentage. Just gotta set things straight beforehand.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Idk kinda seems like yall just got outplayed LOL. Funny how the johns come pouring out. *trolldance*

I'm drunk but first tourney in years where I didn't enter. Feels weird bro.

Shoutouts to DoH and me being the hypest. God you guys get loud! ****s so boring otherwise. Was great seeing you guys. I'm starting to fall behind =/ except in teams lolol

Edit: boss gtfo. This has obviously not come up for CTL and. he made his decision. Its yalls cockiness that got you third, straight up.

Still love all you guys but the greed I saw today was kinda ****ty
:phone:

CTL17

Smash Lord
I hope I didn't get anyone sick, lol. After a good rest, I feel much better now, so I just assume I just had something weak harboring in me waiting for a time when I only get 4 hours of sleep to attack.

Edit: Future round robin tiebreakers will remain the same way from now on for me.

Also, someone left a grey hoodie at the venue. It was near the four stacks of chairs by the room divider.

boss8

Smash Hero
Idk kinda seems like yall just got outplayed LOL. Funny how the johns come pouring out. *trolldance*

I'm drunk but first tourney in years where I didn't enter. Feels weird bro.

Shoutouts to DoH and me being the hypest. God you guys get loud! ****s so boring otherwise. Was great seeing you guys. I'm starting to fall behind =/ except in teams lolol

Edit: boss gtfo. This has obviously not come up for CTL and. he made his decision. Its yalls cockiness that got you third, straight up.

Still love all you guys but the greed I saw today was kinda ****ty
:phone:
im not cocky,im confident......and i already knw why we lost....

yo shoutouts to DoH kid was on fire that day.....

also shotouts to people who listen to me talk RATHER then play thier damn matches....

aka chillin,chu

chillindude829

Smash Master
id be upset if i were boss/chu as well but honestly doh/redd deserved 2nd any way you look at it

shoutouts to doh, seemingly one of the only players in md/nova still getting better every tourney

MSG

Smash Cadet
If anyone wants any 2v2 set recorded on my setup, let me know all the details (players, characters, stages)

I'm not going to do anything unless requested. It's not worth the work (normally) imo

Also, I made a video thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322689

Let me know when you're done uploading stuff
Epsilon I don't know if you know this yet, but you left Ju4n at the venue last night.

MSG

Smash Cadet
I hope I didn't get anyone sick, lol. After a good rest, I feel much better now, so I just assume I just had something weak harboring in me waiting for a time when I only get 4 hours of sleep to attack.

Edit: Future round robin tiebreakers will remain the same way from now on for me.

Also, someone left a grey hoodie at the venue. It was near the four stacks of chairs by the room divider.
Yeah that's mine t.t Where are you staying over the summer? If you're in VA or around UMD, I can come get it eventually.

Also, shoutouts to:

Chillin-good **** on clutching it out vs D'OH in loser's finals; i am honored to be your apprentice. We need to play frequently now that you are moving in with Savedge to Midlothian
Winston-great job getting 4th place, and giving chillin a hard time. Always a cool guy to play in friendlies. Good luck in Washington, I'm sure the MD/VA scene will miss you.
Wenbo-beat vist twice, always an amazing smooth and technical fox/falcon
JU4N-gg's man, I'll get you next time
Shana-chan-lol Zelda is too good
Vist-thanks for playing my scrubby falco in friendlies for so long, you seem like a cool dude
thesage-please learn how to drive. jk, cool guy for letting me stay at his place for 2 days
Milkman-you didn't show his full potential this tourney; get better sleep next time and i'm sure you'll tear through the bracket like you usually do
D'OH-good job at once again being the surprise of the tournament, sending chillin to losers and giving chu the most trouble in bracket. Thanks for playing me in friendlies, powershielding falco's dair is too good lol

MSG

Smash Cadet
??? I thought I saw him leave for the metro stop before I left?
Nope, I had to give him a ride at the end. It's not a problem though, the metro stop isn't far from the venue.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Yeah that's mine t.t Where are you staying over the summer? If you're in VA or around UMD, I can come get it eventually.
I won't be in CP anymore, but I can drive down there at any time. Just tell me a time you want to meet and we can exchange.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Omni beats Doh.
Doh beats Chillin.
Omni beats Chillin.

GG's. #1 ranked in MD/VA without coming to a tournament. I'm retiring.

Bstuk

Smash Cadet
Wow I got wrecked most of the time, but you guys were really fun to play. There needs to be more tournaments in MD!

I was really nervous at this for no reason... probably because I've never been to a tournament, but I found out there is really no reason to be nervous. I think I got waaay better though. I know you guys said its better to pick 1 character and work on it, but I dunno. I like using a bunch of characters. I sticked to jiggs/falco most of the time though.

All night sound effects and music from the game were still playing in my head. @_@ Kept on hearing shines, fox recovering, and the announcer saying GAME! Stuff like that probably happens when you play the same game for 12 hours straight.

Good games everyone I played, hopefully I'll see you again at another tournament.

I know you guys said its better to pick 1 character and work on it, but I dunno. I like using a bunch of characters. I sticked to jiggs/falco most of the time though.
The character chooses you

All night sound effects and music from the game were still playing in my head. @_@ Kept on hearing shines, fox recovering, and the announcer saying GAME! Stuff like that probably happens when you play the same game for 12 hours straight.
Yeah, I was hearing Peach vs Falco on Dreamland all night too

Good games everyone I played, hopefully I'll see you again at another tournament.
yes

-

I'll fix video titles and stuff tomorrow. I think there's a few videos I didn't render yet. Everything queued should be up by morning (pathetically slow internet connection)

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Winston-great job getting 4th place, and giving chillin a hard time. Always a cool guy to play in friendlies. Good luck in Washington, I'm sure the MD/VA scene will miss you.
I didn't respond to this earlier since I didn't want to make shoutouts since they always seem so disingenuous, but I did see it and appreciate it. Thanks. Hopefully I'll get to see you guys again before leaving.

Top Bottom