• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shell Shocked XII: 2/11: MD/VA reunion: Also 60 entrants!

CTL17

Smash Lord
Shell Shocked XII:
Snow Shocked II
West Virginia finally arrives
Old players' reunion

I'd like to once again thank our Chess Club for allowing us to obtain the venue.
I would also like to thank BigWenz, SypherPhoenix, MinQ, and DuckPimp for helping me run doubles and singles, and making sure things ran smoothly.
Finally, thanks everyone who arrived to this tournament. What a turnout!
And I hope everyone got home safely in the snow.

Now results: (Nothing has changed much.)
Characters coming probably tomorrow, though you should know most of them by now.

Doubles: 18 teams

1. Boss & Chu ($240) :drmario:/:icsmelee:
2. Plank & Chinesah ($80) :sheikmelee::jigglypuffmelee:/:foxmelee:
3. Tope & Voodoo ($40) :sheikmelee:/:falcomelee::ganonmelee:
4. Husband & Wife :peachmelee::marthmelee:/:peachmelee:
5. DosV & HAT :marthmelee:/:foxmelee::sheikmelee:
5. Milkman & Doll :foxmelee:/:peachmelee:
7. KrazyKnux & KrazyKrox :foxmelee:/:foxmelee:
7. thesage & Omni :peachmelee:/:sheikmelee:
9. East Coast Eddie & BTree
9. KlunkyMonkey & BloodyPuppy
9. Chred2AKrisp & Poehlcat
9. Wenbo & Chivalruse
13. Rohan Jain & Winston Aw
13. Andrew C & CMonster
13. hova & EE
13. Byped & Chip
17. Austin & Matt
17. Eric & Nick

Winner's round Bye was supposed to be Thumbs & Vist, but Vist did not show in time.

Singles: 60 (SIXTY) entrants!

1.5. Chillin (again) (supposedly $240) :foxmelee:
1.5. Chu (again) (supposedly $150) :icsmelee:
3. Tope ($90) :sheikmelee:
4. Chinesah ($60) :foxmelee:
5. Vist ($30) :luigimelee:
5. Plank ($30) :sheikmelee:
7. Wife :peachmelee:
7. Voodoo :falcomelee::ganonmelee:
9. ThumbsWayUp :falconmelee:
9. DoH :peachmelee:
9. Milkman :foxmelee:
9. HAT :sheikmelee::foxmelee:
13. Wenbo :falconmelee:
13. hova :drmario:
13. ChivalRuse :icsmelee:
13. Doll :peachmelee:
17. KrazyKnux :foxmelee:
17. JU4N :falcomelee:?
17. Byped :marthmelee:
17. DosV :marthmelee:
17. KrazyKrox :foxmelee:
17. Husband :marthmelee:
17. thesage :peachmelee:
17. Bones :falcomelee:
25. KERMITTHEFROG (BTree) :samusmelee:
25. Method :sheikmelee:
25. Ranmaru :drmario:
25. Gir :icsmelee:
25. Poehlcat :falconmelee:
25. Napkins :yoshimelee:
25. Lafco :ganonmelee:?
25. KlunkyMonkey :ganonmelee:
33. Chip
33. Red
33. Jippy the Lion
33. East Coast Eddie
33. Winston Aw
33. BigWenz
33. dkuo
33. Chred2AKrisp
33. Jeffrey
33. Rohan
33. Shake
33. Fortune
33. Afrobandit
33. JCaesar
33. MCL
33. Amen
49. Harley
49. Matt
49. Nick
49. Tantalus
49. CMonster
49. cmart
49. KingofCereal
49. Roger
49. Eber
49. Trimlinger
49. BloodyPuppy
49. Austin

Barely finished on time.

List of players who only played friendlies (to emphasize size):
CTL, KORN, kidneybeans, SypherPhoenix, MinQ, DuckPimp, Kaffei, JaceComix, LightningSykes, tdude + Chestertown;
a few chess club members, and 3-4 more, I believe.

Also: Richmond vs WV crews. Richmond won by 5 stocks. Details supplied by someone who posts them.

chillindude829

Smash Master
sorry for leaving right after the tourney, but i basically had to work a full ****in day on a saturday before coming to this

oh well thanks for hosting ctl this was awesome i was starting to wonder if md/va was still capable of good turnouts

hova

Smash Champion
good **** CTL, thanks for getting the tourney together. venue was pretty ***** solid

shout out to every single smasher, i cannot describe how much fun it was to play melee again

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Awesome stuff guys. I had alot of fun. Shout outs to WV and others. Will do shout outs later though. :3

Bones0

Smash Legend
Awesome tourney Chris (and company). Eager for next event.

Shoutouts to me choking then being told by 10 people that I've improved a lot.

*sigh*

Ride home was scary as ****. Road was covered with powdered snow so I was going 15 mph. Voodoo says, "Bones, you can drive a little bit faster..." Less than a minute later, the two cars in front of me get destroyed by a car swerving out of oncoming traffic. One just had a head on collision and the other swerved off the side into a (b?)tree. I couldn't brake until I was about 3 feet from the wreck. As I drove around the remnants of the crash, I just looked over to Voodoo and said, "I'm driving as slow as I ****ing want..."

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Holy **** lol. Yeah we also had a scary moment. We kinda slid but we were able to avoid impending doom.

But that's scarier. (What happened to you)

CTL17

Smash Lord

*sigh*

Ride home was scary as ****. Road was covered with powdered snow so I was going 15 mph. Voodoo says, "Bones, you can drive a little bit faster..." Less than a minute later, the two cars in front of me get destroyed by a car swerving out of oncoming traffic. One just had a head on collision and the other swerved off the side into a (b?)tree. I couldn't brake until I was about 3 feet from the wreck. As I drove around the remnants of the crash, I just looked over to Voodoo and said, "I'm driving as slow as I ****ing want..."
Oh my god, glad you're all OK.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481

*sigh*

LOL Voodoo. Md/va needs all the players it can get.

Honestly, this tournament reminded me so much of when I was just starting out smash and this region was wtfamazing and full of smashers. This just prooves that we need to find a venue to have events like this. Sypher's basement cannot hold 40 people, let alone 60.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Awesome tourney! I'm balls at Melee but at least I got some Project M money matches.

****in Snow Shocked, that ride home sure sucked. I saw 3 accidents on the side of the road in the 30 minutes it took me to get home. CTL stop trying to kill your fellow smashers.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Since when do people say ish instead of **** to censor dodge?
Since they became fgts.

Glad Md/Va Melee got 60 entrants. I wanna start playing Meleeeeeeeee.

I wish I saw the "Smashfest at Umbc" thing in the Md/Va Fb group earlier then 10 PM loool.

:018:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ask hat for tips, u should have seen the way his falcon manhandled doll LOL

Vist

Smash Champion
good stuff + thanks for hosting, ctl

ggs to everyone I played

losing to tope twice made me sad in the pantaloons

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Awesome venue etc.

Shout-outs to Wife for making me learn my lesson that fighting during Rock transformation on Kanto is the stupidest thing ever.

Shout-outs to CTL for checking the bus/metro schedule so I didn't have to walk 50 miles in the snow.

GGs everyone

Shake

Smash Rookie
This was my first tournament. It was AMAZING. Shout outs to the chess club members for sponsoring the tournament. Also Ranmaru and ChivalRuse- thanks for the friendlies, they were a lot of help. *** slaps all around. GGs

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
****ing freee as fuuuuuuuuuuuu .......... too bad i had to work and g-reg couldnt make it... woulda been that much more epiccc ..

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)

*sigh*
Hey, the rest of those people probably hadn't seen you play for forever, but I played/watched you play for an entire day at Apex =P

I think you improved noticeably, even if you didn't level up or anything.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea I felt really bad for Vist, bracket gayed.

Good **** everyone, **** was ****. Gonna miss everyone when I'm gone, but it was nice to have nearly every person in MD/VA show up.

Also good **** to Richmond for roflstomping WV so badly in that crew battle. Fortunately you guys were able to win by such a large margin that I neither had to watch or play in it lmao.

Thanks to WV for coming out though. Great to have fresh blood in the scene, and with some more experience I'm sure you guys will soon be a force to be reckoned with.

Thanks to Voodoo for teaming with me. Twas fun, except Loser's Finals lol.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i really needed this tournament

feels really ****ing good to know that everything and everyone that use to be there pre-Brawl is still going strong. and the fact that there were so many unfamiliar faces. people i didnt even know doing technical **** ive never seen.

it feels really good

Bones0

Smash Legend
It was fun playing a bunch of old school smashers who were significantly better than me but dumbfounded at stuff like edge cancels and shield drops. lol

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for hosting, CTL. My friends and I pretty much got wrecked, but we all had a great time. We'll definitely be coming to future shell shocked tourneys and other events in the area.

dkuo

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, kind of crazy how many people went to this tourney as their first...

Top Bottom