• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shell Shocked XI: College Park, MD: ???

Laijin

Smash Hero
certainly. Just know how to L cancel, wavedash, shffl, wavedash out of shield, waveshine (if you play spacies), and how DI works when you come. Preferably be able to combo level 1s a lot.

... >.>
Eh. He can get away without knowing any of that stuff except for L canceling and shffling.
Just play smart and you'll be fine. lol

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
No. I'm pretty sure DI is a must. Most people know survival DI, but good combo DI is less common.

Wavedashing is a no-brainer. Also, wd out of shield (a little tougher for most people than simply wding) is essential to high level play. Even Hbox uses it well nowadays.

Laijin

Smash Hero
No. I'm pretty sure DI is a must. Most people know survival DI, but good combo DI is less common.

Wavedashing is a no-brainer. Also, wd out of shield (a little tougher for most people than simply wding) is essential to high level play. Even Hbox uses it well nowadays.
DI is needed too. Right.

But the guy has to start from somewhere man. He'll learn all those things as he keeps playing.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Fine then. At least know how and why to dash dance though if you can't wd easily/appropriately. Rolling isn't viable for correcting spacing in this game.

Laijin

Smash Hero
lol dash dancing?
When was the last time you have actually seen me Dash dance?
I usually just stand still and run around lol. I roll when they are close to my shield as an escape option when I know they can't do anything to punish it. Wavedashing has its uses, but its not a requirement. The beauty of smash is that there are many options for every situation

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Eh. He can get away without knowing any of that stuff except for L canceling and shffling.
Just play smart and you'll be fine. lol
lol dash dancing?
When was the last time you have actually seen me Dash dance?
I usually just stand still and run around lol. I roll when they are close to my shield as an escape option when I know they can't do anything to punish it. Wavedashing has its uses, but its not a requirement. The beauty of smash is that there are many options for every situation
get back to me when you can play a character other than Sheik/Jigglypuff well like that.

(im just assuming that he's not planning on maining Sheik/Jiggs. If he is, then sure, half that stuff is unnecessary.)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Dash dance is pretty worthless for Sheik, Jiggs, and Samus, but for everyone else it is really helpful in making you less predictable. Laijin gets away with it because he double spot dodges 10 times a game and somehow never gets punished for it. :|

Also, for just starting out I'd say all your really need is SHFFLing, but I'd also say JCed grabs are really important too. I wish I had known about JC grabs way sooner than I did, because grabbing is a huge part of the game and for most characters if you can't get grabs you won't do ****.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Laijin: School of Smash.

Guiding others to 9th place at locals since Oct 2004.

skyheart

Smash Lord
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL owned yo plank you owe me friendly's i dont think i've ever played your sheik..........ever

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Capeeeee
Come to Shell Shocked
Even though you're like in Pennsylvania or something maybe

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
O that's awesome :O
Then you can like, make it to all our Shell Shockeds

And maybe attend some of our Friday smashfests perhaps?
:bee:

CTL17

Smash Lord
I assume Tristate will be going to prog's thing. I expected that. How many Virginians are we getting? Pennsylvanians?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
VA players tend to drive to Shell Shockeds.

Chillin, Chu, g-reg ... something like that.

Then Plank, Chinesahh, Vist, Newb, Laijin, Thumbs ...

Top Bottom