• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shell Shocked X: College Park, MD, 11/6

CTL17

Smash Lord
Hope everyone had a good time. Get ready to be surprised.
Had some alcohol complications. Hope everything is fine.

Next Shell Shocked: Most likely in 2011.

Please tell me if your characters are wrong

Doubles

1. Chu+Chillin ($80) :popo::ganondorf:/:fox::marth:
2. Wife+Vist ($40) :peach::fox:/:luigi2::falco:
3. Winston+Wenbo ($20) :luigi2:/:fox:
4. Boss+Thumbs :drmario:/:falcon:
5. Laijin+Chival :sheik:/:fox::popo:
6. G-reg+DKSmash :falcon:/:dk2:
7. CTL+Wenz :jigglypuff:/:fox::falcon:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Singles

1. Vist :luigi2: ! ($100)
2. Chu :popo: ($40)
3. Chillin :fox: ($20)
4. Thumbs :falcon:
5. Laijin :sheik:
5. G-reg :falcon:
7. Winston :luigi2:
7. Wenbo :falco::falcon::marth:
9. DKSmash :dk2:
9. Chival :popo:
9. Bones :falco:
9. Cape :drmario::marth:
13. RSK
13. Bloodynite
13. Bigwenz
13. Afrobandit

Uploaded with postimage.org

Recordings done by Winston and Wenbo.

Project M crews

Takeover :falco: vs Sypher :charizard: Sypher 1
BigWenz :mario2: vs Sypher :charizard:, BigWenz 4
BigWenz :mario2: vs Mike :charizard:, Mike 1
Thumbs :falcon: vs Mike :charizard:, Thumbs 4
Thumbs :falcon: vs JCaesar :peach:, JCeasar 2
Bones :falco: vs JCaesar :peach:, JCaesar 2
CTL :yoshi2: vs JCaesar :peach:, CTL 3
CTL :yoshi2: vs Laijin :toonlink:, Laijin 1
N/A vs Thunderhorse

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Had a good time meeting everyone.
Good **** Vist, no one expected you to beat chu & chillin.

Thanks Wenbo/Winston for lettin me and Zak stay at ur house and provide us with covers.
Def. appreciate that.

I'm tired, I'll do shout-outs later.

The Cape

Smash Master
God dammit. I need to practice more.
I'll take that as an insult ;-p

Thanks for all the matches to everyone. Thanks to Winston and Wenbo for the housing, I will be back for sure.

Hope I can continue to get back into this game and start contributing to the community again.

Afrobandit24

Smash Cadet
I really enjoyed the tourny and look forward to attending more. Gonna try to not be so nervous since this was my first tourny lol.

Hit me up if anyone wants to smash in DC!

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Good **** Windows Vista Pro Edition.

DKShaun - didn't know you were coming as well...ah well I'll try to come to next one

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Fun times, can't wait for the next one! If there is one. Keep us updated on that situation Chris.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
For the record, I used Falco Falcon Marth in singles. No Fox. :awesome:
Also I don't believe I pulled out the Falcon at all in teams.

Vist on fire for this one, congrats

Nice meeting all the new people, too bad Richmond couldn't make it

I'll see how long it takes to get my vids up ¬.¬

Bones0

Smash Legend
CTL: Pro TOing. Glad you hosted, and glad I could come down. I hope to come to more tournaments now that my man DJ can drive me around. Just fyi, I didn't use Marth in tourney. Just all Falco.
Vist: You're not even good at this game. You only win because you play Luigi (read: Roy).
JCaesar: G&W dittos are too legit. My Project M Falco, not so much. XD
Wenz: UMAD?!?
Wenbo: UTIRED?!?
The Cape: Marth should definitely use his cape.
Winston: You seriously help my gameplay so much. Thanks for all the advice.
Thumbs: You always uthrow and jump backwards stomp spacies; just sayin'. Still destroyed me. lol
DK Smash: "I am a monkey. I don't know anything about this technology!" - in reference to my laser spammage
Takeover & Bloodynite: Glad to see people dropping barlw to play Melee.

Basically an awesome tourney. I definitely feel like I improved even more. You should have seen me grabbing as Falco, Voodoo! :awesome:

CTL17

Smash Lord
Can't believe I literally slept through this entire tournament... oh well saved $10 :)
One guy came to play piano. Then he said that his floor played Melee all the time. Since he was in Cambridge and there was an Andrew on his floor, I assumed that was your floor. I asked him to see if your floor wanted to play, but I also warned that your floor can't stand a chance against anyone there. So he left and never came back.

daisho

Smash Lord
One guy came to play piano. Then he said that his floor played Melee all the time. Since he was in Cambridge and there was an Andrew on his floor, I assumed that was your floor. I asked him to see if your floor wanted to play, but I also warned that your floor can't stand a chance against anyone there. So he left and never came back.
Yeah it probably was from my floor. A bunch of us stayed up all night watching avatar the last airbender so we were all sleeping or too tired to come over even though it was literally right there.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Naw Bones, my primary game is still brawl.
Imma just play melee for fun, don't feel like the melee community is influential enough for me to be competitively interested. Just like G-reg said, only the die hard and old melee players really play this game.
Melee is always fun to watch at a high level though. :)

I'm also going to hopefully still go to CP friday smashfests too.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Imma just play melee for fun, don't feel like the melee community is influential enough for me to be competitively interested. Just like G-reg said, only the die hard and old melee players really play this game.

ehhhh. The community is growing. Sure there are waaay less frequent new players than before. But every now and then there are someone new joins up.

But yea totally understandable. I play this game cause its a ton of fun. Can't say I have ever had as much fun playing any other game thats not melee.

Voodoo Daddy

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, when people inevitably lose all interest in Brawl we will officially be no more.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'd think that as people lose interest in Brawl that Melee would actually get a good amount of players coming back. Sort of like another RoM.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Yeah, when people inevitably lose all interest in Brawl we will officially be no more.
iono i honestly think the reason why melee isnt so popular in this area is cause brawl is so popular in this area and brawl is a hell of alot easier to get into and get good at then melee is. also since we dont have a player atm who can be considered top 10 in the country people feel the region is dead. if we can get a player close to the top 10 i gurantee the region would come alive again.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I mean all of you guy's are cool and chill to hang out with. :)
Clyde, wenz, seb, winston, wenbo, chivalruse, and to tired to think of others I met. lol

I would say though if melee was the primary game and brawl just died for some reason in this region, I would def. play melee competitively.

Also since I've watched a TON of melee, I'm not as excited to play the game as players that are new to the game when they first come into the smash scene.

I know when I first found out about smash competitively, MELEE WAS SO AMAZING. lol
But everybody played brawl so I was like lemme just learn how to play this game.
And so far I didn't regret one bit playing brawl, I love the community.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Personally I think if all goes well everyone should play Project: M. There's a few flaws at the moment, but overall the game is fun, and most of all, new. It's got everything we like in melee, and adds to that.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
my boy Vist reppin that caboose juice

Vist

Smash Champion
thanks guys

btw I can totally understand why Melee may not be all that appealing to get into competitively these days. It's definitely not an easy game to pick up and be good at, at least compared to brawl and the tournament attendance isn't as big (at least in this region). I still see new faces getting into the game though, and they're usually either just tired of brawl or simply have too much fun playing melee or witnessing crazy *** matches. I thought melee was dying years ago (like 2004 lol) and after being so wrong I can only think that it's still going to be played for a while longer.

I had a brawl phase for a while and was pretty optimistic about it being a good competitive game. I loved how so many people were playing it since it was the new thing and it's still got that. A lot of people say this, but I never really had as much fun playing brawl as I had / have with melee. I couldn't play stupidly aggressive like I usually do and have it get me anywhere so I wasn't much good at it either. Since winning money was never really my main interest in game tournaments anyway, I ended up coming back to melee since it's still fun as fawk after all these years.

shout-outs:
Bloodynite- good matches dude. Hope you're able to get some practice in with people in your area like laijin etc.
Bones- You keep stepping it up like crazy. If it wasn't for the suicides or random gimps etc, you'd probably be ****ting on everyone... even my roy lol.
Boss- Your mario is still too good. We gotta do mario bros. teams one of these days..
Cape- Good to see you again man and ggs. Definitely let me know when you move to the area.
Chillin- Good games in teams/singles.
ChivalRuse + Laijin- fun stuff in those teams matches
CTL- Thanks for hosting man. Not sure what happened but I'll try to make it out to the next one whenever you can host it again.
Chu- lol my bad about not wanting to mm... I mm like once in a blue moon and it's never been worth it. We already played like a billion matches in tournament anyway. Good games btw.
Jcaesar- lmao I always mean to play some project m and don't get to. Hope to see you at umbc sometime man.
Takeover- Nice meeting and talking with you. Whenever you want to play melee hit me up.
Thumbs- f*ck um uhuhuhuhuuhuh
Wife- In case you read this, just wanted to say thanks for teaming man. It was some seriously intense stuff every single game we played.

Everyone else- nice seeing / talking with you. GGs to everyone I played and my bad if I missed anyone.

Richmond- too bad you guys didn't come :urg:. I guess we'll have to take a cy-raincheck

Top Bottom