• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheilda - an open question to all Sheik mains

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Hey! My name is Kaeldiar, and I'm a Zelda/Sheilda main. So...tier lists are popping up like daisies, and I'm seeing "Sheilda" being thrown around a lot. That said, we really only have 1 Sheilda at the top level of play (Zhime), and he comes from the Zelda side. You could make a case for Jaden, as well, but he is much more Sheik-heavy than Zhime is Zelda-heavy. I know all the arguments for and against trying to play Sheilda, but something occurred to me:

Zelda mains play Sheilda. Sheik mains generally do not. Jaden and Umbreon are the closest we have, and they seem to sit as, "I can play as Zelda if I need to, but I hardly ever need to"

So to all you Sheik mains, when *do* you switch to Zelda? What MUs do you hate as Sheik or prefer as Zelda? Do you ever just switch to spam kicks? I'd like to hear the other side of the story

cisyphus

Smash Ace
I literally never switch to Sheik when I do play the character because I think she has all of the tools to deal with a MU. There may be some MUs where Zelda does better overall, but in general I think that Sheik supplements a Zelda rather than the two being complementary.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

the reason i dont use zelda in pm is two-fold: i already used zelda in melee at pro level prior to quitting for college, and i always wanted to play sheik in melee but i was terrible at her. i play sheik in PM because i want to play sheik in PM, just like i played zelda in melee because i wanted to play zelda in melee. i could still play at top level with zelda in PM if i felt like it, it has everything to do with personal preferences and nothing to do with performance. i think many older melee players are this way coming into Pm where they prefer to play a new character rather than the one they have been playing in melee for years and years.

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
Hey! My name is Kaeldiar, and I'm a Zelda/Sheilda main. So...tier lists are popping up like daisies, and I'm seeing "Sheilda" being thrown around a lot. That said, we really only have 1 Sheilda at the top level of play (Zhime), and he comes from the Zelda side. You could make a case for Jaden, as well, but he is much more Sheik-heavy than Zhime is Zelda-heavy. I know all the arguments for and against trying to play Sheilda, but something occurred to me:

Zelda mains play Sheilda. Sheik mains generally do not. Jaden and Umbreon are the closest we have, and they seem to sit as, "I can play as Zelda if I need to, but I hardly ever need to"

So to all you Sheik mains, when *do* you switch to Zelda? What MUs do you hate as Sheik or prefer as Zelda? Do you ever just switch to spam kicks? I'd like to hear the other side of the story
Most of the time, I don't see the point honestly. She's pretty decent by herself w/o transforming to Zelda.

Top Bottom