• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheild poking with mewtwo...

HyperSilver

Smash Cadet
so I know that if you TP -> Hover -> nair -> fair it's supposed to break their shield but never manage to.. please help :) they usually have abit of shield left then roll out of whatever I decided to do after the fair

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Nair > fair isn't a guaranteed break, but it does have a good chance to shield poke. Try positioning it with the goal of reducing their shield enough to hit them with the fair or a later hit of the nair.

If they're consistently buffering a roll or spotdodge then you can bait that out and punish it. If nothing else trying to grab won't put you at a disadvantage.

Master Raven

Smash Master
It does a lot of shield damage but it's not gonna poke em 100% unless their shield is already damaged before you do it. It's mainly used to bait people into dropping their shield when your nair ends, and that's when you hit them with fair.

Ppl who know this will continue to shield after the nair so you can mixup with a side B, but that too can be countered with any OOS option that has frame advantage on nair's endlag before you can side b, so that mixup only really works on certain characters, and even then anyone can just roll or spotdodge the side b.

So just use those options for mixing up. At this point I think most people experienced in the m2 matchup know about telenair shenanigans so you have to be smarter with your teleports at this point in the meta lol.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
From my experience, you can shieldpoke almost all the time if you get the last bottom hitbox of nair to hit. The final hit of nair is basically this "pulse" of electricity that is notably bigger than the multihit ones. Do nair while hovering upwards slightly and it should poke. The reaso why i say bottom is that its hard to get the top to hit, since it requires you to basically be under them, which is not possible unless they're on a platform and you're hover nairing under them.

If they angle their shield up, you should be able to up air them and it should hit. I can't confirm this, but it should work. Or you could do a turnaround TP into hover nair and then rise upwards as you nair, and then after that, back air. The tail goes from down to up so it can creep under the shield and hit 'em.

Top Bottom