• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheiks need to step up their movement

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
The potential of this is very limited. The thread as whole is kind of a joke. I wanted to show off some of the potential you got with enough control, if nothing else, as a prove of concept.
What you see is more ofr less multiple Charlies and Sticky Walks.
But as far as commital, you can WD out of any movement seen at any point (aside from the WD of course). Some people WD so much during neutral that I don't really see it as a disadvantage although I do agree it's not very effective.

It's just that we don't really see many shieks abuse movement options unlike Marths, Falcos, Foxes, Falcons etc.
When I get competent enough I, for one, will change that.

Last edited:

Valkyrie8492

Smash Rookie
Honestly I feel that way too... Sheik has plenty of potential in her movement. This set is proof of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztBRcdneFJ0

I think if M2K still moved around like this and still had all the other skills he's picked up since then he'd be a good contender for number one with just his Sheik, nevermind his Marth. I realize that this thread is mostly a joke but the fact is that you're right...

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Half way through the set. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary yet.
Can you point out more specifically what you're talking about? Like a timestamp atc.
All I see is regular DD and WD. He did a few single standing Needle Cancels too, which I do think is cool ;)
And btw I take back the "joke" part. I am dead serious about advanced DD sould be part of new Sheik meta

Valkyrie8492

Smash Rookie
https://youtu.be/ztBRcdneFJ0?t=11m25s

This should be where I saw it in particular, right up just before he gets the grab to close the stock. And yeah he's doing nothing beyond foxtroting plus wavedashing but honestly that's as much as any top level fox, Marth, Falcon would do nowadays. Point is that Sheik players just tend to not use it as much except for maybe Shroomed. He has some very clean movement in neutral as opposed to m2k who keeps everything ludicrously simple nowadays.

I guess my point is that it's not so much that to players need to work on really advanced movement techniques so much as just practice them more in their gameplay. I feel as though if modern m2k was in this exact same scenario prior to the grab he would've just retreated to the ledge instead of trying to space in neutral

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Yea thats pretty nice. That's more or less how I get my grabs on spacies in neutral too. You gotto be so quick :D

https://youtu.be/9rdWbm8r7GA?t=7m21s
Look at Tafo here (he is the green sheik)
He pulls a serious Fox Trot WD string to keep evasive - only to get CC'd on his DA

Last edited:

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Tafo's real good, but yeah it's important to not give up stage control for the sake of movement. Players learning to add movement into their game should take note of that with your example.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I gave up some stage position in that situation to see if shroomed would bite on throwing a hitbox (something that he does very often in close quarters). He didn't, and I lost. =/

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I gave up some stage position in that situation to see if shroomed would bite on throwing a hitbox (something that he does very often in close quarters). He didn't, and I lost. =/
And it's of course good to note that sometimes seemingly bad choices can be used to your advantage. Certainly would have gotten me with that. Lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom